Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Today

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

All our 17 today gave 100%, but a special mention to 2 of "our own" who came back from the wilderness--- JOHN OAKES and STUART KAIN.

kain did indeed do well, but oakes showed he's not a centre anymore. He was well out of position for at least 2 of their tries.

#22 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

I knew someone would come along and find fault.

I look at the playing budget Halifax have and the money they have spent compared to us, that's why i said we played as a team.

Disappointed ( although not to much ) at the lack of Halifax tactics-- almost all their kicks were down the middle where Watson took them in style-- why didn't they kick to the wings. ?

Somebody had better mention it-- one of our conversions was about 3 inches wide but was given by the officials.

#23 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Correct - it is all about winning and we didnt win.  But all season we have been saying this is a good Hunslet side who will eventually click and we have been waiting for it and it happened yesterday.

This low budget team isnt a Featherstone, Halifax or Sheffield but it was a toss of a coin who was going to win this one. 

We are all pleased because we put a good preformance in, I haven't heard coming from the Halifax camp that they only played a makeshift side with key players missing (like Batley keep saying).  So to be within 5 minutes of a draw (or had we chosen to drop goal at 75 mins) or win, we can take allot from this for the coming weeks.  If we put a poor shift in next week then its back to basics again.

So in summary, for a team who is on a shoestring; to play like this is as good as a win for us.  If we continue like this we could make the playoffs and cause an upset or two along the way.  Conversely - we are almost at the foot of the table so the work starts now.

exactly my point , the word now is consistency .

#24 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

I knew someone would come along and find fault.
I look at the playing budget Halifax have and the money they have spent compared to us, that's why i said we played as a team.
Disappointed ( although not to much ) at the lack of Halifax tactics-- almost all their kicks were down the middle where Watson took them in style-- why didn't they kick to the wings. ?
Somebody had better mention it-- one of our conversions was about 3 inches wide but was given by the officials.

well try picking out better players and stop making a fuss about 'our' players. I doubt clarkson even knew half our players yet came on and did a mount of work in defence, not bad for someone who 'doesn't care about Hunslet'

#25 Normy

Normy
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Pleased to have paid my £16! Well done to all, including the speccies!

#26 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

Coming after what happened at the Batley game, it seems a tear in the fabric of the space/time continuum has developed between the posts at the Dewsbury Road end of the ground.

The view of events when observed from the kicking angle is inconsistent with the view of the same events when viewed from behind the goal.

A groundsman with a decent working knowledge of astrophysics should be able to fix it in time for the next home game.

;)

#27 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

Coming after what happened at the Batley game, it seems a tear in the fabric of the space/time continuum has developed between the posts at the Dewsbury Road end of the ground.

The view of events when observed from the kicking angle is inconsistent with the view of the same events when viewed from behind the goal.

A groundsman with a decent working knowledge of astrophysics should be able to fix it in time for the next home game.

;)

If its the same groundsman who was there a few years back , i would'nt hold your breath..........He was hav'ing trouble with rabbits burrowing , so he was pouring boiling water down the hole to get rid of em , when i told my ferrets , i thought they were gunna die laughing  .... :flood:

#28 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

kain did indeed do well, but oakes showed he's not a centre anymore. He was well out of position for at least 2 of their tries.

Kain is a class player for us, always has been.

Oakes has never been a good centre for us as he is too slow, and looks recently like he has put some weight on. Having said that , the lad has been a good solid second row for us since switching to that position and has put some good performances in that position only, so why on earth did our coach put him in the centre against Halifax ?, not blaming Oakes at all,he was told where to play.just that he was out of position, when he should have played in the second row. Could just see this being a bad move before the game kicked off, and it was.

So noname6 was right to question this Frisky. Even though our team played great on Sunday.

#29 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Adding to last post, might be a good idea putting Kain to fullback , as he used to play fullback for us, very solid at the back, covers and tackles well and can take the high bombs, and put Watson in the centre, even though Watson is excellent at fullback.anyone else think this could be a good move?

#30 hatetwofacers

hatetwofacers
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

Ha ha makes me laugh, love Marchy when hes doing good call him all names under sun when he has a off day, Doh

#31 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

I never mentioned Marchy ? 

#32 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

I never mentioned Marchy ? 

think he was talking in general terms , but ur right ive seen people havin a pop at him ?

#33 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

If you pay your money then your entitled to an opinion. Its the people that dont go but pipe up that should think about what theyre saying
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#34 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Marchy's probably one of the highest earners down there and to be putting a good performance in once evey blue moon , isn't good enough for what the fans expect........

#35 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

I’m quite Black and White on this matter, if a player is playing well, whether I like him or not they will get some good reviews/remarks.  Conversely if they are dire then they will feel the wrath-of on here.

Marchy had a good game last week (best I have seen him this season) and put a real shift in.  I will be the first to say replace him if he is not up to scratch, but he stepped up and based on his game last week deserves his spot. 

I also have a pop at our Grimmer and Helliwell quite regularly, not that they are not good enough but because they were not firing on all cylinders or throwing the ball around and clear lack of kicking game.  Thus far the Coyles’ have brought this in.  Time will tell if this is a one off – but I loved the free flowing passing that brings the backs in and especially the kicking game with the bombs.

Brilliant team performance on Sunday but our threat was allot to do with the ball being thrown and the backs able to attack from the flanks.

Do we really have to have this week off!!! Gutted.

#36 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

We had some real organisation in the half backs Sunday & that freed Marchy up a bit, he got in the team of the week I believe too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users