Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

55-52?!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Gateshead 52 - 55 London Skolars this afternoon. Sounds like a defensive masterclass!

Is 52 points a record for points scored by a losing team in an RL game?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#2 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

I was going to ask the same!

You've got to ask questions when you score 50+ points and still can't win!
Posted Image

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

I await Lobby's contribution with interest.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#4 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

And I walked away from Headingley on Friday thinking the same thing! This is ridiculous though!!

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#5 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

Poor old Gateshead.  They score over 50 but still can't win!  Their fans must be in despair!

#6 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

I have no sympathy for them; if you can score 50 points and still contrive to lose you deserve everything you get.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#7 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,286 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

I see that new 20-tackle law didn't quite work out as the RFL hoped.

Edited by Northern Sol, 09 June 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#8 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Did the scoreboard short out ?

#9 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

I saw Leigh beat Batley 48-44 a few yrs ago, but this tops that

#10 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,496 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

I saw Leigh beat Batley 48-44 a few yrs ago, but this tops that

Correct
It does
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#11 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,229 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

At least neither team folded as the points mounted up against.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#12 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

Chris, do you remember the Fev Vs Gateshead score that ended up 64 - 44?

I bet the game today was a belter though!
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#13 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

I have no sympathy for them; if you can score 50 points and still contrive to lose you deserve everything you get.

well thankyou for that comment, try supporting a team like us, most of the seasons we've had we've been hammered most games and I mean hammered I was at blackpool when we got hammered and had 100 put past us I could go on with scores that we've been hammered by its been so hard watching us get hammered over the years now we score 52 though still lose, to get beat by just 3points is a big improvement for us, not many of us though we love our club! and always will love them! so unlucky today gutted though roll on next game v Rochdale, were still alive as a club and that means so much to our small band of loyal fans!  onwards and upwards! come on thunder! come on thunder!!

#14 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

I await Lobby's contribution with interest.

most probably along the lines of "it wouldn't have happened if we still had promotion and relegation"
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#15 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Glad I wasn't tweeting live updates from that game...

Posted Image

#16 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

most probably along the lines of "it wouldn't have happened if we still had promotion and relegation"

Look a little closer and you will see.
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#17 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Glad I wasn't tweeting live updates from that game...

I tweeted the London game yesterday, like the Broncos it was a struggle to keep up with play.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#18 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

just quoting lobby's stock answer to everything.......
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#19 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

well thankyou for that comment, try supporting a team like us, most of the seasons we've had we've been hammered most games and I mean hammered I was at blackpool when we got hammered and had 100 put past us I could go on with scores that we've been hammered by its been so hard watching us get hammered over the years now we score 52 though still lose, to get beat by just 3points is a big improvement for us, not many of us though we love our club! and always will love them! so unlucky today gutted though roll on next game v Rochdale, were still alive as a club and that means so much to our small band of loyal fans!  onwards and upwards! come on thunder! come on thunder!!

Well said.

I reckon the Thunder fans are the hardiest bunch in rugby league.  And they always seem to be the first to support the sport with their organised coach trips to the Challenge Cup and international matches.  Great community club.  Just wish they could get more wins!

#20 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,103 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

Well said mate. I sometimes get depressed watching the Bulls lose a lot but in reality am just moaning for the sake of it. Like many I have a soft spot for Gateshead...and also Skolars (patronising alert!!)