Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

55-52?!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

Gateshead 52 - 55 London Skolars this afternoon. Sounds like a defensive masterclass!

Is 52 points a record for points scored by a losing team in an RL game?

Might well be.  Huddersfield lost a game about 10 years back while scoring 46 points, which I think was the previous senior record.

That's me.  I'm done.

#22 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

Might well be. Huddersfield lost a game about 10 years back while scoring 46 points, which I think was the previous senior record.

That was the only comparable game I could think of, Steve. 52-46 v Leeds? I can still remember Garry Schofield's face on the SL show!

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#23 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

well thankyou for that comment, try supporting a team like us, most of the seasons we've had we've been hammered most games and I mean hammered I was at blackpool when we got hammered and had 100 put past us I could go on with scores that we've been hammered by its been so hard watching us get hammered over the years now we score 52 though still lose, to get beat by just 3points is a big improvement for us, not many of us though we love our club! and always will love them! so unlucky today gutted though roll on next game v Rochdale, were still alive as a club and that means so much to our small band of loyal fans!  onwards and upwards! come on thunder! come on thunder!!

Amen to that. The hardy Gateshead few created a good bit of noise down at Hemel earlier in the season. I wish you the best of luck - apart from in the return fixture!

#24 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 943 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Well said.

I reckon the Thunder fans are the hardiest bunch in rugby league.  And they always seem to be the first to support the sport with their organised coach trips to the Challenge Cup and international matches.  Great community club.  Just wish they could get more wins!

They are a great set of fans. We Oldham fans are going up there end of June, stopping over the Saturday night before the game, and out on the beer round Newcastle with Kevin Barlow and rest of the Thunder crew. The pub next to the stadium did a happy hour before and after the game last season, had a great day out and was one of the best away trips we did.

Edited by allroughyed, 10 June 2013 - 09:53 AM.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

I hope it didn't come down to goal kicking in that game. :unsure:

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#26 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 943 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

well thankyou for that comment, try supporting a team like us, most of the seasons we've had we've been hammered most games and I mean hammered I was at blackpool when we got hammered and had 100 put past us I could go on with scores that we've been hammered by its been so hard watching us get hammered over the years now we score 52 though still lose, to get beat by just 3points is a big improvement for us, not many of us though we love our club! and always will love them! so unlucky today gutted though roll on next game v Rochdale, were still alive as a club and that means so much to our small band of loyal fans!  onwards and upwards! come on thunder! come on thunder!!

Good luck Sunday, we need you to turn the Hairnets over so we'll go 2nd. If you lose, you have to buy me and Gerry beers all night when we come up there end of June. Up The Yeds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#27 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

The pub next to the stadium did a happy hour before and after the game last season, had a great day out and was one of the best away trips we did.

That'd be the fantastic Schooner pub, which bills itself as "the 2nd best pub in Gateshead" !

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#28 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

How on earth did someone find the time to kick a drop goal?

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#29 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,935 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

How on earth did someone find the time to kick a drop goal?

Or why did they do so. Virtually every possession must have ended in a try. Why go for goal?

#30 THUNDERNEWS

THUNDERNEWS
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Or why did they do so. Virtually every possession must have ended in a try. Why go for goal?

Skolars dropped the goal (from the halfway line too - great kick!) to make it two scores to bring it back.

Frightening thing is, we knocked on over the line twice and Skolars were held up over the line as well...........imagine they were scored.......

GATESHEAD THUNDER
www.ThunderRugby.com

2011 The Co-operative Championships Community Programme of the Year
2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup Quarter Finalists
2008 The Co-operative National League 2 Champions

TWITTER - @ThunderRugby
EMAIL - info@ThunderRugby.com

#31 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,463 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

I see that new 20-tackle law didn't quite work out as the RFL hoped.

You're only allowed to make 20 tackles in the game ?
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#32 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

... Hairnets...

Brilliant, never heard that one before...

... and don't forget it's a fair walk from the Schooner to Filtrona Park, so don't leave the pub at 2.40...

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users