leigh reaction

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

And thats what happens when you have a good kicking game and make teams play off their own line.

#2 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

We beat Leigh and the referee!
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

This DR thing that some still wrestle with ?..... Well weren't Briscoe and Flynn rather awesomely good ? Briscoe was picking them off his toes , catching bombs , running it out and doing everything in between and his mate was just a bull . But Callum Phillips , the sky is you're limit my friend . Mr Turley as the game went on you got more and more one sided but bad luck we held out ... A bloke drops it infront of his own sticks and you find a penalty , cheers pal

Edited by DavidM, 09 June 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

We beat Leigh and the referee!

I couldnt believe the soft freekick he gave them on halfway right near the end that put them right on our line.

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

what a difference a week makes. callum phillips was outstanding all game, kicking game was on point and the kids got some brain on him. briscoe was great and put his body on the line, and to be honest has to be asked back up everyweek and hopefully signed on for next year. that might sound harsh on carter but i think we found callums partner when he come off the bench and he almost feels wasted at full back. kayles goal kicking was perfect but he leaves a lot to be desired in defence and desperately needs to get involved more. matty was great as was big kris coward who was easily the best forward out there. and what a difference flynn made compared to calders. he actually runs forward. well played boys and what a game it was
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

It was an awesome game , just an awesome spectacle . Briscoe and Flynn yes please every week . Kayle Connor cannot be criticised today , brilliant kicking under pressure from all over and they were the difference . Matty and Coward pack leaders , and Walne was granite . Callum Phillips though , gee whizz the kid is going places . McNally tackle count ... zero .

#7 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

Fantastic result today guys well done - nothing like giving it to the mini pies

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

I thought here we go again at the death after another penalty but Briscoe again picked it off his toes after some great goaline defence .

Edited by DavidM, 09 June 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#9 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Excellent today Town, Callum Phillips outstanding, 1 - 17 outstanding. Onwards from here, that's the big win we have been looking for.

#10 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

With acton to come back too!!!! I I'm excited and erm mr stack hahaha

#11 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

a 40/20, bombs, grubbers and kicks over the top for the wide men= 3 trys. An excellent performance minus stack and acton too.

#12 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

a 40/20, bombs, grubbers and kicks over the top for the wide men= 3 trys. An excellent performance minus stack and acton too.

yep the difference was like night and day.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#13 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Excellent result, Briscoe was outstanding today. Callum and Walne also superb. What a difference from our last two performances. On the whole our defence was good but who was supposed to be marking Finnigan when he can have two walk ins without a hand on him? But that was really the only negative. We played our sets, put decent kicks in, looked so much sharper in attack using set plays. Matty kept them on the back foot after the pack got us moving. I thought we were gonna concede at the end but our defence was awesome, Briscoe made a couple of try savers to cap his day.
I wonder what was picked as highlight of the match in the sponsors lounge? I can't decide between Briscoe's try or Flynn's. I'd probably plump for Flynn because Callum was like lightening through the gap and then weighted the perfect kick for Flynn to steam onto it.

Edited by The Voodooguru, 09 June 2013 - 05:25 PM.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Lets keep up this level of intensity and we can kick on . We finally played from minute one to minute eighty , yes they scored a couple of quick tries but they were belting efforts , that happens . Overall we never slackened , our defence was in their face and outstanding on our line . We kicked really well and found the grass and we were good round the ruck . Our game management was the best its been and our error rate low . Put all these basics together at a good pace and the rest falls into place . Smooth out the wrinkles like silly penalties late in the count and the passing ( still ponderous to often when the shift comes ) and we are a fine side . As we say its all there , we just need to show it consistently . Lets use this as a baseline and a platform for better things . No excuses for slacking now we showed what we're capable of . Well done all , you were outstanding . Got what you deserve . You get out what you put in and we put it in today in spades . If this doesn't give us confidence to deliver consistent results and 80 minute efforts ill be very disappointed .
Great stuff , beat Leigh beat most teams ..

Edited by DavidM, 09 June 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

Doncaster blew Fev away at their own place with 7 tries !!!!!

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

And you've gotta man up in these circumstances . Whatever is said about the coaches and long term ideas and opinions is one thing and you hold to them if you step up and express them like me , but it doesn't change the fact that a game plan was put in place today and was worked out and carried out superbly . Well done on the pitch , well done off the pitch . I'm big enough to give credit when it's deserved and the brain department deserves it today alright .

Edited by DavidM, 09 June 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#17 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 846 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

With acton to come back too!!!! I I'm excited and erm mr stack hahaha

Excellent game today from the town team,briscoe and paddy flynn showed how good they both are and town will do well to keep them two if possible.I was one of the people that had said we need some help has our coaches in my opinion were not cut out for this division,but give them there due they made no mistakes today,even,their substitutions were spot on,and with jarrad back on board and Mr Muscle(jamie acton)town will be a threat to all sides that have the pleasure to play at derwent park,oh,and some we have to play away.The game today in my opinion was spoiled by some dubious decisions by Mr Turley especially in the second half when town had a commanding lead over Leigh so turley decided his hometown club needed some help,but,thankfully and with some ferocious defence by town we got the win and that really hurt the leigh fans who we were sitting beside us,well done town and leigh for a cracking game of rugby today,leigh looked a good side but it was town that took the victory and well deserved.
Posted Image

#18 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

You can't knock Doncaster, they didn't win that league last year for nothing! I expected us to beat then home and away but on there day a well drilled outfit!! If they can go to fev and get a result we can go and get a bonus point or a win of we play like we did today

#19 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

We were awesome today Callum was my MOM Briscoe was awesome would love him back the kicking today was super and kayle Connors goal kicking was class. Roll on next week

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

There's only one next big game and we all know what that is !!! Hope all these guys and Stacky and the beast are there and let's rip in !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users