leigh reaction

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 Tallow

Tallow
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

The defending by Town in the last 10 minutes was awesome. Great result and good performance all round.

Question: why does RL allow referees to officiate their home town teams?. Today it looked to me Turley was a bit biased.

#22 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Today was Leighs first bonus point of the season.

We now have the best points difference of the bottom 9

Haven have the worst points difference of those in the middle group of 6 i.e without the bottom 3.

#23 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

There's only one next big game and we all know what that is !!! Hope all these guys and Stacky and the beast are there and let's rip in !!!

stack is available for next week
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#24 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

stack is available for next week

I hope we rest players for next week.

#25 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Lets get everyone through next week fit n healthy , Callum and Matty might just get a spell next week for me . Forber is welcome to play . Batley are huge , physical and in form . Nightmare getting key injuries in that game just when everyone's back !! Yes I know that's the game , so fingers crossed . We'll be buzzing for the next league games after beating Leigh and all our guys fit

Edited by DavidM, 09 June 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#26 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

Never mind resting players just get everyone on the field playing - played better than expected today well done to everyone - Graeme mattinson mom for me - also special mention for Ewan Dowes who played much better .

#27 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Never mind resting players just get everyone on the field playing - played better than expected today well done to everyone - Graeme mattinson mom for me - also special mention for Ewan Dowes who played much better .

Thought Ewan had his best game for Town today. Other stand outs for me were Lupton and Walne for their graft, Brett Phillips, who didnt look like he'd been out for a while and of course Callum Phillips who grew in confidence as the game went on....awesome. Not to forget the vital conversions from Kayle Conner!!!!

Now got to think of an excuse to miss fathers day on Sunday to go to Batley :clapping:

Edited by goingupthetown, 09 June 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#28 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

Looks like we finally found our number 7 after many combinations,think we still need Lupton at 6 for his experience and to control the game in the middle of the park.

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

Yes , how much more comfortable did Callum look with Lupton there compared to Donny ? He can just play what he says and be individually brilliant without all the other responsibilities on his shoulders .That's the best combo we have , good mix . I'd love to keep Briscoe , safe as houses and you can't buy what guys like him have instilled inside them . Not figuring at Widnes - no brainer . Carter can easily play as an xfactor floater .

Edited by DavidM, 09 June 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#30 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

Classic off TVGirl on the Leigh forum

We lost today to a rubbish team

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Can read a game that kid ... How rubbish were we today ?

#32 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Apparently all Town fans are disgusting foul-mouthed yobs too.....

#33 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

I was just gonna say that , I read that . Worryingly though we've heard this before , so although I'm totally unaware of anything I hope we don't have a big issue . We were rubbish and are lowly as well , so I'm glad we won really .

Edited by DavidM, 09 June 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#34 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Well done Town today, a exellent win ,well played the lot of you, Callum the MOM for me but everyone of you deserve your winning pay, keep it going!! am I right, Brisco did score of that stupid new rule didnt he, I think it must be the first time someone has mind, what made it extra special for me today was meeting a couple of Towns old stars from the late 70s in Allan Rowley (my hero) and John Burke, both I have to say were very impressed with Town and how the old club had been spuced up, it all added to a great day.

#35 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

You are right the free play struck gold

#36 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

There was some unnecessary use of the "F" word from one young man but to tar everyone with the same brush is looking for something to twine about.   Having said that we don't need it, do we want it and all it does is give our club a bad name.   

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#37 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Classic off TVGirl on the Leigh forum

yeah and they lost to "lowly" workington. Er there only 3 places above us. 8th out of 14 is lowly then. Some very sour grapes on the leigh forum. Some bad losers. I notice tvboy hasnt come back on here after the game. Probably a little embarrased eh.

#38 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

The stewards need to start doing something about it,rather than standing by and ignoring

#39 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

The stewards do follow up complaints, I've seen it myself, there is things that are said and preserved to be bad language to some people and everyone elsw as just petty humour!
The silly people Leigh fans complaining today to the stewards after the game where nothing more then sore losers to which even there fellow Leigh fans told them they were making fools out of themselves!

Simon finegan scored a good hatrick and made gestures to the town crowd which we could complain about but didn't as we could see it was in good humour!!

End of the day these are the facts:
Town produced an upset
Town played excellent
Callum Phillips Is a gem
1-17 all heros
The ref was from Leigh and showed that in the second half

Honest punters paid £14 to get in the ground and support there teams
Songs were chanted
Hands were clapped
The steward had little chats
Leigh fans Wernt happy about this and with there spat out dummies were acting like tw...

Up the town

Father's Day in batley

#40 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

well done town...great result for you guys...safety is getting much closer for you now...

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users