RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

leigh reaction

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Just watched the DVD . Great stuff , Callum fantastic game , everyone else top supporting efforts .Two things right in the last set of six , first Beswick dummy's and scoots through a gap looking all the world a match winner and Briscoe grabs him on his own right on the line and stops him dead , then Beswick grubbers through and Briscoe snaffles it with three bearing down on him . Phew !

surely shaun is absolute shoe in for the rest of the season, brett has to play as well but moving him more into the action really brought the best out of his game.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#62 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

First thing he said was good to get a game , total waste if he's out in the cold again . He's not figuring down there , how many GB fullbacks are available ???

Edited by DavidM, 11 June 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#63 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

First thing he said was good to get a game , total waste if he's out in the cold again . He's not figuring down there , how many GB fullbacks are available ???

and who knows, if he likes it up here, we have a head start on getting up here permanently next season.

#64 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

and who knows, if he likes it up here, we have a head start on getting up here permanently next season.

According to one of the RL papers this week he is interesting Featherstone for next season!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#65 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

Their bubbles bursting Shaun , come here !!

#66 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Enjoyed my day in the Tom Mitchell longe and enjoyed the game. Thought the best team won and the ref did everything In his power to help Leigh out.

#67 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Just watched the match again on DVD and I was amazed at just how many forward passes Leigh got away with from the dummy half position.   It didn't matter if it was Penky or Nicholson 7 out of 10 went forward and some with a clear view from the TJ's.     Why does McNally go to the left wing position when Leigh are defending?     Is he the weak link in the defence and if so we should have run at him more?    Puzzled by the penalty to Leigh decision in the 73rd minute when Walne and Mossop were trying to tackle Maden.   He dropped to his knees and never once did either arm touch the ground and when Walne pushed him over and he lost the ball the ref gave a penalty for pulling him to the ground (at least that is what he signals) after Mossop had picked up the ball and was racing towards the try line!!!!

All in all it was a great team performance with some quite exceptional individual performances thrown in as well.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#68 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

He definitely gave a second effort penalty Keith but the wrestle was still on and Maden was wriggling and dropped it cold ! He gave them a few soft penalties and piggybacks in the last quarter . Briscoe's hit on Beswick in the last set was a real highlight .

Edited by DavidM, 12 June 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#69 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

Macnally says in paper its his first time his been in a team beaten by town shame he hasent played for haven last two seasons or it would ov been his 8th time he would ov been beat hahahahaha

#70 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

Macnally says in paper its his first time his been in a team beaten by town shame he hasent played for haven last two seasons or it would ov been his 8th time he would ov been beat hahahahaha

he was whinging on twitter about the treatment the town fans gave him lol.
  • donald likes this

#71 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

he was whinging on twitter about the treatment the town fans gave him lol.

what else did he expect????

Edited by town4me, 14 June 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#72 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

It looked like he wasnt involved much but he still had a big hand in most of the tries . Very dangerous player in attack and a real sniffer following the ball .

#73 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

It looked like he wasnt involved much but he still had a big hand in most of the tries . Very dangerous player in attack and a real sniffer following the ball .

hes dangerous in defence as well.......for the team hes playing for.

#74 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

No doubt , that's why I left defence out !!!!

#75 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

I hope he plays a blinder on Sunday !!

#76 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

I must admit there's a lot more positives than negatives . He comes into the game when they have the ball , pretty sensible to hide him best they can I guess . Many a team has a player like that .

Edited by DavidM, 14 June 2013 - 11:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users