Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Does the club want my money?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

Again no half-time draw tickets. Asked the lady and she said they sold out over 30 mins before kick off. Reckons she could have sold another £30 worth at least. I have only been able to buy a ticket twice this season. Money for nothing.

PLEASE GIVE THE PROGRAMME SELLERS TWICE AS MANY HALF TIME DRAW BOOKS AS YOU DO NOW.

After the game, there were people outside waiting for the club shop to open, but no it was shut. I went inside to see four people in the office. Of course there are things to do, but could not one person open the shop? More money thrown away. If the club think the money is tight, they are throwing money away.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 09 June 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#2 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Same experience here. Plus I couldn't get a pint at half time - no glasses!!
Posted Image

#3 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

I experienced the same thing. Arrived at 2.45pm and no half-time draw tickets left.

#4 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

No plastic glasses at half time is a joke.

I was told the bar manager is away....so!!!!

Sunny day, people drinking, shouldn't that be a win win for the club?

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#5 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

No plastic glasses at half time is a joke.
I was told the bar manager is away....so!!!!
Sunny day, people drinking, shouldn't that be a win win for the club?

I think somebody might have mentioned it before, but isn't there a way we could stock the plastic bottled stuff the dogs sell. They always seem to shift thousands and they are easy to chill and quick to serve so reducing queuing time. Surely worth trying ?

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

plastic bottled stuff the dogs sell. They always seem to shift thousands ?

With the gates we get this ain't easy but a team of deficated alcoholics we just about msnage it

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#7 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

The Craven situation is baffling to say the least. Dale Morton has been The Rams standout player this season. Fev will be on the case no doubt.

#8 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:04 AM

The Craven situation is baffling to say the least. Dale Morton has been The Rams standout player this season. Fev will be on the case no doubt.

Are you saying Craven nicked all the plastic glasses

#9 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

Are you saying Craven nicked all the plastic glasses

It's possible. James Craven was indeed in the royal suite at half time and drinking coke - from a plastic glass. He was being pressed by a few supporters on his non-inclusion and demonstrated a dignified diplomacy that I might have struggled to manage - very professional young lad I thought. Akaidere was also in there looking big and fit - surely he should have been given a chance yesterday given that the Barrow wingers are neither tall or fast.

#10 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

It's possible. James Craven was indeed in the royal suite at half time and drinking coke - from a plastic glass.

Hes a Thornhill lad, thieving beggars the lot of em, was told Broughy was on the outside loading all the empty glasses into a van, wonder if thats why he hasnt been selected for England

#11 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hes a Thornhill lad, thieving beggars the lot of em, was told Broughy was on the outside loading all the empty glasses into a van, wonder if thats why he hasnt been selected for England

:biggrin:  :laugh:

#12 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,453 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

Here's a thought - the competition sponsors sell their zider in plastic bottles .......
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#13 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Well done to specky that sorted the gas problem out and went round other side to fetch glasses.Its a shame the stewards at first wanted her to walk around the outside of the ground.  before seeing sense.

#14 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

Were becoming very unproffesional! Laughing stock! Before game no beer or lottery tickets, halftime no plastic cups!

#15 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 936 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

How dare you!!! us Thornhill lads are good working lads,would never think of doing that.

#16 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

How dare you!!! us Thornhill lads are good working lads,would never think of doing that.

I know, most of you wouldn't have waited until the glasses were empty,owt for a free pint you lot

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Were becoming very unproffesional! Laughing stock! Before game no beer or lottery tickets, halftime no plastic cups!

What do you mean "becoming" :lol:

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#18 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

But at the end of the day, the club are losing money through an inability to organise themselves to

Sell beer
Sell raffle tickets
Sell merchandise by opening the shop

None of this is difficult.

#19 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

But at the end of the day, the club are losing money through an inability to organise themselves to

Sell beer
Sell raffle tickets
Sell merchandise by opening the shop

None of this is difficult.

Fundamental in fact. Surely someone actually cares?

:girlwerewolf:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#20 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

Can't be that hard up for money can we when we do this.. Useless! To think all 3 of these happend is criminal and someone who's getting paid by the club needs telling, do job right or get gone! Voluntary staff at other clubs around league do this free of charge and do a better job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users