Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Does the club want my money?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

We apologise for the issues you faced buying half time draw tickets and the shortage of glasses at the Barrow game. We did ask the ticket sellers to let us know in the office if they were running short of tickets but we didn't get a message so assumed they had enough. We did in fact give them extra for the game and we will give them even more for the Halifax game since you are right to asssume we do, like every club, need the money. The beer and plastic glass issue will also receive particular attention for the next game since this should not have happened but it did and again, like yourselves, it is not something we want to receive repeated.

#22 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Here's a thought - the competition sponsors sell their zider in plastic bottles .......

This is a great suggestion. Surely all the clubs should be able to get bottles of kingstone press cider for a fairly reasonable price ? To be honest it would be good publicity for them because to be honest I can't remember ever seeing their product. Suspect they don't do plastic bottles, but still worth looking at surely...? I would have bought one last week. Nice summers day.....

#23 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

We apologise for the issues you faced buying half time draw tickets and the shortage of glasses at the Barrow game. We did ask the ticket sellers to let us know in the office if they were running short of tickets but we didn't get a message so assumed they had enough. We did in fact give them extra for the game and we will give them even more for the Halifax game since you are right to asssume we do, like every club, need the money. The beer and plastic glass issue will also receive particular attention for the next game since this should not have happened but it did and again, like yourselves, it is not something we want to receive repeated.

Speaking to the lady behind the Main Stand she said she was given 6 books but sold these out before 2.30 and she reckoned she could have sold at least 4 more books. So based on that maybe give her 12 books. I guess any programme seller not brining any half time draw back means they could have sold more.

And sorry to say but there were people waiting outside the shop after Sundays game, who I assume we're interested in buying some merchandise. If someone could en the shop for 15-20 minutes at the game then that's probably all that's needed.

And if there was a quick way of buying a plastic bottle of beer or if there were some pre-pulled pints I would have a drink at half-time. I don't bother cause I either have to go early and miss the end of first half or queue and miss the start of the second half. I think the butties are a very good idea and will sell well.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 11 June 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#24 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

I agree but thanks for informing us that the club will sort things, that all we can ask. Like the bottle idea too, alcohol choice is abit poor in the southstand bar, maybe the badger bar could sell bottles?

#25 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

I agree but thanks for informing us that the club will sort things, that all we can ask. Like the bottle idea too, alcohol choice is abit poor in the southstand bar, maybe the badger bar could sell bottles?

Might be a good idea to reopen the badger bar again if possible when the terracing work is completed in that area.

#26 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

This is a great suggestion. Surely all the clubs should be able to get bottles of kingstone press cider for a fairly reasonable price ? To be honest it would be good publicity for them because to be honest I can't remember ever seeing their product. Suspect they don't do plastic bottles, but still worth looking at surely...? I would have bought one last week. Nice summers day.....

First time i saw the Kingstone Press Cider in the supermarket was over the weekend just gone,not bad too and it only cost £1 to buy a bottle.

#27 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Akaidere was also in there looking big and fit - surely he should have been given a chance yesterday given that the Barrow wingers are neither tall or fast.

Akaidere is about 4 foot nowt with a defence to match

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#28 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

First time i saw the Kingstone Press Cider in the supermarket was over the weekend just gone,not bad too and it only cost £1 to buy a bottle.

There we go then.....

#29 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

Suspect they don't do plastic bottles ......

Yes. They do.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#30 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

But aren't you restricted as to what you can sell due to your tie up with Tetleys? (or whoever the brewer is)

#31 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

Akaidere is about 4 foot nowt with a defence to match

Yeah he is short - then again so were Jason robinson and des drummond. Don't know about his defence - he doesn't get enough game time to judge, but on sunday's display finnigan isn't any great shakes either.

#32 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

But aren't you restricted as to what you can sell due to your tie up with Tetleys? (or whoever the brewer is)

I think you might be right. However if not, surely it's worth contacting kingstone to see what sort of deal might be possible, particularly if they do plastic bottles?

#33 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,662 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

I think you might be right. However if not, surely it's worth contacting kingstone to see what sort of deal might be possible, particularly if they do plastic bottles?

I reckon there's a clue in the name of our stadium that says this isn't such a good idea.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#34 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

I reckon there's a clue in the name of our stadium that says this isn't such a good idea.

Always obstacles, never opportunities...tut, tut BSJ......

#35 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,662 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

Always obstacles, never opportunities...tut, tut BSJ......

Glass half empty man I am Nick.

:onthequiet:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#36 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Glass half empty man I am Nick.

:onthequiet:

Nick is obviously a glass half full man BSJ - personally I subscribe to the fact that, regardless of which you are, there's always room for more beer. ;)

#37 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Everyone's glass was empty on Sunday at half time..... :D  

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#38 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

Everyone's glass was empty on Sunday at half time..... :D

Cracking post.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#39 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

It is by likely that given Tetleys sponsorship the club might well be restricted in what they can sell alcohol wise.

#40 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

It is by likely that given Tetleys sponsorship the club might well be restricted in what they can sell alcohol wise.

Chang sponsor Everton FC and therefore only sell Chang lager. This will probably be the same for Dewsbury only being allowed to sell Tetley's with the sponsorship contract they have in place. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users