Complimentary

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

I find all the supporters of other teams coming on and taking the P hisss very complimentary. We are obviously the team that everyone aspires to and we've almost got to Manchester United status now, in that when we lose we get pelters from other supporters. This doesn't bother me in the slightest, if we were no-ones no one would bother winding us up. What we must do though is not fall into the Man Utd bad losers trap. We lost today, we were well beaten. All those people, and I'm sick to the back teeth of this, it's a Rugby League fans' disease, who blame the referee for our defeat, you can't and don't realise how stupid you sound. Don't make the club sound ridiculous by texting into Radio Leeds or wherever blaming the Ref, that makes us look like a laughing stock to other supporters. Rant over.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 09 June 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#2 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Like I stated on facebook...You know you are good when everyone hates you;

#3 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Bang on vausey.
Cookey played in his tuxedo today!!! The ref had sod all to do with the result today!
We were bloody shocking.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#4 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

Today Paul Cook ruled the roost, we failed miserably to contain him, some of our tackling also left a lot to be desired. I know I've read elsewhere Vausey, but I think that Matt James should have thrown the pass to Liam Finn and in my opinion that was today's game breaker. Yes there were some strange decisions from the ref today, but we were our own worst enemy, best team won.
Im Fev and im proud

#5 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Have to agree if he had passed Finn was under sticks game over. That said we were poor today our coach was a big lose and it will show as the season goes on. Hope I'm wrong but still think Sheffield will win the lot this year No matter what happens as long as we continue to support the club we will still get to we're we want to be whether we lose a few more or not

#6 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Got to agree Sheffield should do treble now best team in comp so far

#7 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Today Paul Cook ruled the roost, we failed miserably to contain him, some of our tackling also left a lot to be desired. I know I've read elsewhere Vausey, but I think that Matt James should have thrown the pass to Liam Finn and in my opinion that was today's game breaker. Yes there were some strange decisions from the ref today, but we were our own worst enemy, best team won.

Cookey top player and top bloke. Had his demons in the past, but he's pulled through, really likeable lad. His passes from right to left are unbelievable. Top player today for Donny was DR Danny Cowling. He crunched Matt James for Carl Hughes' try and absolutely smashed Tommy Saxton in the second half. He almost set Tuffour up for a length of the field move, when Andy Ellis made a last dutch tackle. Young lad, smashing lad only 20. He used to play for the Lions, and he was a pleasure to teach as a 12 year old at Minsthorpe Community College.

#8 rugbyman

rugbyman
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

I must admit that it shows that we are improving when we can beat one of the top sides out of super league. I think that you have great things to come and IMO should have been accepted in SL.

I do want my club to grow like Fev have grown over the last few years, and be one of the top teams in our division.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Donny Fan

#9 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

Nice post rugbyman...you gave as good as you got on your own ground and it was no surprise to me the way you played; Its great to see Donny doing well albeit at our expense today; Donny played well and deserved what they got;

#10 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

Cookey top player and top bloke. Had his demons in the past, but he's pulled through, really likeable lad. His passes from right to left are unbelievable.

I'm not for a minute suggesting we should try and sign Cookey as we need to be looking to the longer term future, but I'd love to see someone with that sort of rugby brain playing in a Fev shirt.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#11 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

I'm not for a minute suggesting we should try and sign Cookey as we need to be looking to the longer term future, but I'd love to see someone with that sort of rugby brain playing in a Fev shirt.

No offence, Gazza - but we've been told on this very forum over the last twothri years, in great detail, exactly how good your half backs are.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#12 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

No offence, Gazza - but we've been told on this very forum over the last twothri years, in great detail, exactly how good your half backs are.

IMO, some of the acquisitions which we have made during the past months have not fitted into the style of things. 

#13 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

The awards been won by one of our half backs in the last 3 years is proof we have the best halfback in the championship The only problem now is he is getting alot more attention than before and I believe we rely on him too much Ask Leigh last week who they were training to control but unfortunately couldn't do it

#14 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

That's quite true, it has been said many times about our current half backs. Being the best over previous seasons doesn't necessarily make them the best right now though. Then there is the consideration that at his prime (which isn't now!), I would suggest that Cooke wsa a better player than either of our half backs at the top of their game and also, the sort of awareness and skills he shows wouldn't have to be displayed at half back.

You're reading things in my post that aren't there. ;)

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#15 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Fair enough. Last time I saw Paul Cooke, he didn't look fit. If that's a problem that's now gone away, things may well be different.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#16 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Fair enough. Last time I saw Paul Cooke, he didn't look fit. If that's a problem that's now gone away, things may well be different.

He still doesn't look fit. It was his rugby brain I was commenting on though, which is still there, even if the body is long gone. ;)

Please view my photos.

#17 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

I have seen all Paul's home games this season , he never shirks his defensive duties , gives us so much in attack .He may not be the fittest but has proved his worth to the Dons.

#18 Ackydave

Ackydave
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

As I've stated on the FB page, in my opinion our problem is a wrong mental attitude. We are up for a big match one week and for "easier games" we tend to turn off and assume we can beat anyone just by turning up. The problem with all of that is is there aren't any easier teams in this league. Switch off the concentration and we get stuffed as we did yesterday. Donny were up for the game; they had the right mental attitude and our arrogance was exposed - not for the first time this season. It only takes one wrong decision or a couple of penalties to go against us and we're chasing the game.

This doesn't make us a bad team. we have proven time and again just how good we can be.
My only gripe is that some of our moves can be somewhat obvious and unfortunately we lack the ability (or desire) to do something different when the opposition keeps snuffing us out. A player like Cooke has the experience and can read a game to his advantage.

#19 johnh

johnh
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Why are we having all this soul-searching? We lost a match. No one died.  If we win our match in hand we could be one point behind the leaders, after winning the league three times in a row, losing only seven games in three years!

Yes Sunday was disappointing, but we were beaten by a better team on the day, we had a reshuffled side and Donny were up for it and led brilliantly by an outstanding Paul Cooke.

In between the defensive lapses and missed opportunities we scored some cracking tries. It's only a week since we had a brilliant win at Leigh.

Let's all calm down and lay off the lads. They will learn from this defeat and come out stronger.

Matt - send us some players from Tonga

#20 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

there always has to be a "but"

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users