TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Roughyeds get standing ovation

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TBozz

TBozz
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Have missed many games of late for a variety of reasons, but glad I watched this one. A half time score of 10 - 6 up was beyond my expectations but we were worthy leaders. A second half restart  strewn with errors saw the lads nearly extend their lead only for the Crusaders to kick the ball dead following an error deep in their half. The amazing Adam Files tormented the defence time and time again only to see the ball spill as he took defenders over the line with him. Crusaders had a fortuitous bounce of the ball near our line and scored. Reardon showed his class as he set up another try for the home side to extend to 22 - 10. Never say die Oldham came back time and time again, but that man Files scored an amazing individual try under the sticks. With only seconds remaining Palfrey kicked a 40 - 20 and a following chip to the corner saw young Fordy catch and score. All that remained was the conversion, but it shaved the post .  

Final score 22 - 20 and the lads were given a standing ovation by all of the travelling fans. Crusaders fans agreed that we had em rocking and it was the best game by far at Wrexham. Really proud of the resolve, fitness and tenacity in defence against a side that will win the league by a country mile. We must push on from here.

#2 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

Very good game of RL. Thought we bossed the first half hour in particular the forwards and did well to go in 10-6 up. All the lads gave their all and this bodes well for the rest of the season. First ten minutes of the second half cost us the game. Great pity and thought a draw would have been a fair result. Thought Cru struggled with our relentless effort and pace so much that they tried to slow the game down as a result. Good enthusiastic crowd for both teams. On this form only Cru could keep with us in this league 

One for all and all for the one

#3 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

On this form only Cru could keep with us in this league 

I'm sure you meant 'on this form only oldham could keep anywhere near the Cru' in this league'. ;) 

Great game today hope you all had a safe journey home. 

#4 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

What a great game of entertaining and uncompromising rugby league today. Our young team really matured today with a committed and determined performance and were, in fact, unlucky not to win this one. North Wales are a very strong side with players who have a wealth of experience. They would obviously have expected a tougher game than the one in the Northern Rail competition but must have been surprised at the quality of the performance from Oldham today. Very well done lads!

#5 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

Cancelled my previous post because looking at it soberly I didn't give Oldham any credit for their performance. I still believe Crusaders will perform better at Whitebank but credit where it is due - Oldham played well enough to deserve a draw on Sunday.

Edited by Celtic Rooster, 11 June 2013 - 05:47 AM.

#6 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

That was an absolute top performance by our boys, and a game that we should have won, but for a bad 10 minutes in defence, at the start of the 2nd half. Cru looked to be tiring in the last 15 minutes, and I have to say I'm disappointed with the level of Refereeing by the official. We got very little out of him, and the grapple tackles on our boys in the second half went unpunished.
It was a top day out with a great set of fans, spoiled only by the over zealous Stewards with 2 inch penises.
Onward and upward and downward to South Wales next week. I reckon it's down to us and our noisy neighbours as to who finishes 2nd, but I'm confident that we'll beat Cru at home.
So well done boys, a great team performance from 1-17, keep it up and lets sting the scorpions next sunday.

UP THE YEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

You obviously missed the forward passes in one of your try's then and the fact that your players were lying all over the pitch at times with cramp,(rose coloured glasses and all that)

I agree the ref was poor but on both sides and the lino,s might as well not be there because they seem s""t scared of giving a decision.

But all said and done the yeds gave us the best game of the season and hopefully will make us wise up in our future matches.

Cheers 7

#8 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

Oldham won't play any better then than that. Crusaders will. Crusaders will win in Oldham?

looks like someone's a little rattled.

#9 higgy

higgy
  • 349 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

looks like someone's a little rattled.

Quite right, why not just enjoy the game without the bitching.

#10 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

What happened to good old sportmanship? Like not banging drums during opposition conversions? I thought that Wales was country of song? Didn't hear much singing from the home fans just boring drums yawn yawn. Up the Yeds!!

#11 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

We could start a new contest next time we go there, the exit factor !!!

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

I must say Oldham played extremely well against Crusaders last Sunday and were well deserving of their bonus point.  Best game at the Racecouse this season. One of our directors brought along a Super League supported who thought it was the best game he had seen this season.

Thanks for bringing along a good travelling support and helping with the highest attendance in CH1 this season..  I am sure if you keep playing like you did on Sunday second spot will be yours,

See you at Whitebank in July - I really enjoyed our trip there last season and I hope we get the same atmosphere (and result) once again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users