Tickle and Briscoe to leave Hull FC

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Danny Tickle is signed and sealed to Widnes next year according to HDM, though he has been injury prone the last couple of seasons he has been a great servant to the club and I wish him well across the pennines.
Like Tickle the rumour mill has been going for months about were Tom is going to end up, Aus, RU with Leeds looking now the likely destination.I would of liked him to had a go in Aus but it looks like the deal has fell through.It looks as if we pulled an improved offer and have spent the money on signing someone else
He has lost his England wing spot and his form over the last couple of years has not lived up to his earlier seasons and with Tom Lineham exploding on the scene at the club he possibly thinks a fresh start is needed

http://m.thisishulla...&category=sport

#2 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

so hull have missed out on the transfer fee we offered for danny last season by being greedy and upping the price? now we have him for nothing......would give him a pay as you play deal though until he proves his fitness.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#3 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

I can imagine Leeds will be offloading a couple of players to for Briscoe under the 'rigid' salary structure.

#4 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

so hull have missed out on the transfer fee we offered for danny last season by being greedy and upping the price? now we have him for nothing......would give him a pay as you play deal though until he proves his fitness.

Tickle has already agreed a contract with Widnes that Hull FC admit they couldn't come anywhere near matching so your "pay as you play deal", which would have been the way to go, now doesn't come into the equation.

You're probably right when you say we should have got a transfer fee for him last year though, because right now, I've just about forgotten what he looks like.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#5 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

I can imagine Leeds will be offloading a couple of players to for Briscoe under the 'rigid' salary structure.

£120000 a year is a lot to pay a winger if the report is true then your right if he has turned that down then Leeds have some cap adjusting to do or are they losing a big earner themselves ?

#6 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Or they've had a player on their books that they wanted on their books and had the value of him in their squad.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#7 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

tickle has made no secret of his desire to return to gods county from yawkshure, this is arguably the most protracted signing in the history of super league as it was first mooted before the kevin brown signing.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#8 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

tickle has made no secret of his desire to return to gods county from yawkshure, this is arguably the most protracted signing in the history of super league as it was first mooted before the kevin brown signing.

Your right and Hull should of let him go because as OF said he's been blighted by injury ever since, if he's stays fit a great signing for Widnes but that's a big if if his current fitness is anything to go by.

#9 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

i've been a fan of danny since he played for halifax, but i hope his fitness doesn't harm his future as a viking.

#10 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

i've been a fan of danny since he played for halifax, but i hope his fitness doesn't harm his future as a viking.

I hope he goes well because at one point he was one of the best forwards in the country

Edited by westhuller, 10 June 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#11 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

if he stays fit he will be a tremendous replacement for gaz hock.......

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Are there any rumoured replacements for Briscoe? I've heard all about him leaving the past few months, and that Lineham will supercede him, but will the starting wings look like Lineham and Crookes with reserves coming from squad depth?

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

Are there any rumoured replacements for Briscoe? I've heard all about him leaving the past few months, and that Lineham will supercede him, but will the starting wings look like Lineham and Crookes with reserves coming from squad depth?

I think we signed Crookes because we knew Briscoe was off so I would say he is going to be his natural replacement.We need replacements in the forwards for next year with Tickle, O'Meley and Galea all leaving and I think that is were the money is going to be spent.Hull gave Briscoe long enough to accept the deal and more, I think he thought the Aussie clubs would come calling he may still end up there but Leeds look favourites.

#14 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,594 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Briscoe rumoured to have signed a 4 or 5 year deal for Leeds.

Quite a few rumours of Leeds losing players to the NRL.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 10 June 2013 - 10:21 AM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#15 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Are there any rumoured replacements for Briscoe?

They can have Reece Lyne back for and a small fee.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 10 June 2013 - 10:44 AM.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#16 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

FC have a fine back 5 even without Briscoe. He's a terrific player though. As long as he stays in our game, good luck to him.

#17 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

They can have Reece Lyne back for and a small fee.

No thanks

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

They can have Reece Lyne back for and a small fee.

Haha, not bloody likely.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#19 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Tickle has already agreed a contract with Widnes that Hull FC admit they couldn't come anywhere near matching so your "pay as you play deal", which would have been the way to go, now doesn't come into the equation.

You're probably right when you say we should have got a transfer fee for him last year though, because right now, I've just about forgotten what he looks like.

Mr._Tickle.jpg

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#20 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

Briscoe rumoured to have signed a 4 or 5 year deal for Leeds.

Quite a few rumours of Leeds losing players to the NRL.

If Leeds can hang on to the players they've got, the addition of Tom Briscoe would give you one heck of a back five next season.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users