TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Team for batley

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Briscoe
Flynn
Connor
Mossop
Miller
Lupton
Phillips
Dowes
Matty
Coward
Phillips
Walne
Olstrom

Stack
Morris
Thackeray
Carter or shacks

If we can get briscoe and Flynn back I would have them in but if only briscoe maybe try carter on the wing

#2 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

Briscoe
Flynn
Connor
Mossop
Miller
Lupton
Phillips
Dowes
Matty
Coward
Phillips
Walne
Olstrom

Stack
Morris
Thackeray
Carter or shacks

If we can get briscoe and Flynn back I would have them in but if only briscoe maybe try carter on the wing

from that line up I'd leave stack out and put shacks in his place. Save stack for the derby by giving him an extra week off

Edited by town4me, 10 June 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#3 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Cut our losses on the northern rail cup and only play guys who are on the fringes or those who are either returning from injury and need game time i.e Brett Phillips or we can cover if they get injured
If we can rest Lupton Callum Olstrum and Matty we should
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#4 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

Cut our losses on the northern rail cup and only play guys who are on the fringes or those who are either returning from injury and need game time i.e Brett Phillips or we can cover if they get injured
If we can rest Lupton Callum Olstrum and Matty we should

Why give up the game? You have just beaten Leigh, who hammered us only a few weeks ago. Surely you should be going for the win! Despite the discussions regarding this competition, when we won it a few years back it was a tremendous day.

#5 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

Why give up the game? You have just beaten Leigh, who hammered us only a few weeks ago. Surely you should be going for the win! Despite the discussions regarding this competition, when we won it a few years back it was a tremendous day.

Totally agree with you, batley were a better side than us at dp, but not unbeatable, and after our first win over a top 5 side, we should be looking to keep the intensity levels high.

#6 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

Judging by Charlo's comments he sounded up for having a good go at it, so although he wanted a home tie i don't think he'll give it up. 

#7 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Personal opinion mate stopping in this league is all that matters and personally care more about the week after

I'm sure it's always been a good day in the past but that was Blackpool not Halifax

#8 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

No need to rest anyone I'd expect a full side

#9 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

Personal opinion mate stopping in this league is all that matters and personally care more about the week after

I'm sure it's always been a good day in the past but that was Blackpool not Halifax

nowt wrong with a night in halifax marra plenty of bonny lasses down there from past experence

#10 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

nowt wrong with a night in halifax marra plenty of bonny lasses down there from past experence

OMG what were you drinking!!!

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#11 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

It's alot easier to sell a trip to Blackpool to your Missus and kids and more appealing to the casual fan it will be interesting to see what crowd the final attracts this year

#12 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

It's alot easier to sell a trip to Blackpool to your Missus and kids and more appealing to the casual fan it will be interesting to see what crowd the final attracts this year

Depends on the teams at the final

#13 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

Nice to see Mr Stokes back for our Batley game! I could have predicted the selection. He isn't from Batley is he ?!!!

Edited by Supporter, 11 June 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#14 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Nice to see Mr Stokes back for our Batley game! I could have predicted the selection. He isn't from Batley is he ?!!!

so it will be a game of rugby where the offside rule doesnt count

#15 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Sadly the rules say that we can't use any DR players this week if they haven't already played in a round of the NR Cup.     So no Briscoe or Flynn, or any other if we didn't play them against Hunslet!!

Magraff Leuleuai is the only DR that is elligible to play in the NR Cup.

Edited by Keith T, 11 June 2013 - 09:58 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#16 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

Sadly the rules say that we can't use any DR players this week if they haven't already played in a round of the NR Cup.     So no Briscoe or Flynn, or any other if we didn't play them against Hunslet!!

Magraff Leuleuai is the only DR that is elligible to play in the NR Cup.

another crazy rule keith we had clough foster hand at london so can use them

#17 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

I would imagine it's to stop teams progressing and then filling their team with SL players which is only fair

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

i see elliot whitehead is off to dewsbury on loan. quality player in attack, i just hope if he plays against town then we target him all game because he cant tackle for toffee.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#19 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

i see elliot whitehead is off to dewsbury on loan. quality player in attack, i just hope if he plays against town then we target him all game because he cant tackle for toffee.

If he is being sent there as punishment for his transfer request you would have to question how much motivation he will have. He wants out because he thinks he is good enough for a top 4 team so surely dropping a division won't exactly please him!!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

He won't be there long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users