Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Anyone on Ovivo? Seems too good to be true.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Been looking for a cheap mobile rate and researching the various networks and came across this firm and quite a number of users on HUKD and MSE etc seem to have used it for months but wondering if anyone here has used it.

They piggyback on the Vodafone network (Like GiffGaff does on the O2 network).

The most basic PAYG deal they offer seems too good to be true....Free.

Pay one off £15 (given back as credit when sim activated) to buy the SIM and get every month:

150 Mins any network calls

200 Texts

500 MB data

free calls and texts to other Ovivo users.

Monthly cost £0.

Seems too good to be true.

http://ovivomobile.c...vivo-for-phones/

Ok may have to cut my use of the internet on the phone down if i go for this but just checking if anyone on here has used them as I don't want to Simpy pay my £15 to them and then find out they are a scam firm and keep the £15.

Cannot see how they are doing it.

If genuine I may go for it. 

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,735 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

I'd be Careful if I were you.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#3 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

Been with them for over a year, i only have the sim as a back up in case my mobile broadband with 3 goes #### up or on the rare occasion i dont get a signal with them, never had a single problem, back when i got it it was only £5

Just be careful signing up that you use throwaway email address and supply wrong phone number

#4 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

Yes it was too good to be true....Went down an hour or so ago:

http://www.ovivomobile.com/

logo.png

Dear OVIVO Customers,

We are very sad to announce that for reasons beyond our control, OVIVO Mobile is closing down on the evening of Wednesday 19th March 2014.

We'd like to thank each and every one of you for your support and friendship over the last two years.

To keep your OVIVO number, just fill out this form, and we’ll send you your PAC code.

PAC code request form

To request a PAC code please complete the form below. There is no need to request a PAC code if you do not wish to keep your number. We will arrange for your PAC code to arrive as quickly as possible but there is a high demand for this service.

No cash it seems:

http://www.coolsmart...ivo-shuts-down/

The closure looks to have been enforced by the company simply running out of cash – the latest figures on Duedil says that the company had liabilities clocking in at -£511,527. More tellingly, the company only had £10,000 to its name as cash. As Simon Osborne points out, however, the company tried a £3m funding round earlier this month: so these figures may not reflect the true nature of the business financials.

It ones i worry for are the ones who only find out when they try to call someone to let the know theiy are going to be late, get a message to the kids or worse.

Me thinks Giffgaff and Three's 3,2,1, tariff will be getting a lot of sign ups.

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

You have got to be kidding me.

FFS.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

Yes it was too good to be true....Went down an hour or so ago:

http://www.ovivomobile.com/

No cash it seems:

http://www.coolsmart...ivo-shuts-down/

It ones i worry for are the ones who only find out when they try to call someone to let the know theiy are going to be late, get a message to the kids or worse.

Me thinks Giffgaff and Three's 3,2,1, tariff will be getting a lot of sign ups.

Thanks for finding that.

I only had a look on this thread to advocate how good it was.

Or seemed.

Now I need some credit on my back-up phone!

It cost me £20 in November, of which I had £14.88 in credit remaining. I'm annoyed but I think it still worked out cheaper over that time that the O2 sim I used, which I'll have to go back to for a bit.

I can still recieve calls, for how long I don't know, but not make them.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users