Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

MATCH REPORT: Featherstone Rovers versus Doncaster

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

Sorry for the delay (due to GCSE exams), but here finally is the match report for Rovers' defeat to Doncaster, that is if you want to read it? It's not for the faint hearted!

Attached Files

#2 philcow

philcow
  • Players
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

Nice report but i think you went easy on them

#3 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Nice report but i think you went easy on them

I didn't want to name names, but the DVD doesn't lie and some of the tackle attempts were feeble.

It's maybe not any individuals fault, but if you go on You Tube in the York and Sheffield section, you will see that we lose games due to our defensive pattern down our right-hand side. That's where we put our smallest players, Kain, Ellis, and now Bussey covering for Tim Spears. If we don't shore it up with some size, then Menzie Yere will have a field day when we play Sheffield.

PS, I mean the DVD's from the York & Sheffield websites, (and maybe Doncaster's if they put it on?) not Rovers', because theirs is only a few seconds long and doesn't show all the tries!

Edited by Steve Slater, 11 June 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#4 johnh

johnh
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

An excellent report. Thanks.

Matt - send us some players from Tonga

#5 robt

robt
  • Coach
  • 717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

PS, I mean the DVD's from the York & Sheffield websites, (and maybe Doncaster's if they put it on?) not Rovers', because theirs is only a few seconds long and doesn't show all the tries!

If I can get the DVD from my club, I can try to get a few 'highlights' put up..

Rob Terrace - Matchday Photographer / Highlights 'editor', Doncaster RLFC.

#6 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

I didn't want to name names, but the DVD doesn't lie and some of the tackle attempts were feeble.

It's maybe not any individuals fault, but if you go on You Tube in the York and Sheffield section, you will see that we lose games due to our defensive pattern down our right-hand side. That's where we put our smallest players, Kain, Ellis, and now Bussey covering for Tim Spears. If we don't shore it up with some size, then Menzie Yere will have a field day when we play Sheffield.

Is it not also the right hand side where we've had most changes with centre/wing combinations this season? I don't suppose that helps either.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#7 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,357 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Good report lads. The hard ones to write are when we've lost badly. :(

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#8 Mick Thornton

Mick Thornton
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

A good detailed report as what is becoming the norm. Well done. As for other posters comments on the right hand side frailties whatever centre combinations we employ the lack of service that is given to the wings remains very sparse and unless the wings go searching for the ball then they don't get it.
Also I still have not seen the merits of Hardman packing down at loose forward and leaving his last line of defence position when the opposition are feeding the scrum. A well placed kick from the opposing half back and a speedy opposing winger anticipating what is coming would result in a try in most circumstances. I can only assume Hardman is playing to the coaches instructions. Maybe there is something that I am not seeing.
M.J.Thornton

#9 rusky

rusky
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Thanks again Steve please continue the good work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users