Should the plug be pulled on Salford?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

the dr will splash the cash for next season- not much point in this one now- hock-chase-Dobson  etc will all be reds in 2014

Hock won't. Dr Koukash has already emailed Parramatta to say the story was nonsense.

Posted Image

#62 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,250 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

not seen this posted anywhere else on the forum - from yesterdays Manchester Evening News

http://www.mancheste...success-4283486

Maybe Koukash will pull the plug himself

I sincerely hope not. the problem id more than hslf the top level clubs are in the same boat i.e. if the investor walks, catastrophe.

#63 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,056 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Quite a few Salford players are presumably marking time till they get to the end of the season,when they'll be released.

At the risk of upsetting Parky twice on one thread, with P&R this wouldn't happen. Their fans (I know one of them personally) are pretty ###### off and shouldn't be paying good money to see a side surrender.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#64 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

At the risk of upsetting Parky twice on one thread, with P&R this wouldn't happen. Their fans (I know one of them personally) are pretty ###### off and shouldn't be paying good money to see a side surrender.

I don't see how automatic P&R would make the players perform any better, given that most of them strongly suspect they won't be at the club next season,

And not all the fans are "######" off. Some of us (many of us, I'd say) know where we are and why, and wrote this season off before it began. If, however, the club was in the same position this time next year, we wouldn't just be ###### off, we'd be ####ing ###### off.

#65 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hock won't. Dr Koukash has already emailed Parramatta to say the story was nonsense.

This is something for the people who criticise Dr Koukash for being all mouth and saying we're going to sign <insert top player name here> should take note of. Last week, Gareth Hock was supposed to have turned his back on Parramatta and joined Salford. Turns out the club haven't spoken to him, or his agent, his family, his pet or anyone connected to him. How many of the other "all mouth and no action" pseudo-signings he gets criticised for have just been internet speculation gone rogue, and nothing to do with Dr Koukash?

#66 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,359 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

This is something for the people who criticise Dr Koukash for being all mouth and saying we're going to sign <insert top player name here> should take note of. Last week, Gareth Hock was supposed to have turned his back on Parramatta and joined Salford. Turns out the club haven't spoken to him, or his agent, his family, his pet or anyone connected to him. How many of the other "all mouth and no action" pseudo-signings he gets criticised for have just been internet speculation gone rogue, and nothing to do with Dr Koukash?

Sky don't help by naming a whole list of them on Boots'n'All!

#67 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

No. Every elite division ought to have a joke team.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#68 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

No. Every elite division ought to have a joke team.

When Swinton fans feel they can poke fun at you, you know you really have reached rock bottom.

#69 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,991 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

There are still fairly fresh threads on the good ol' Doctor being good for RL. Not for me I'm afraid but the thing is Salford are big enough to survive without him, one way or another.

However London have no "club", they have a licence and they have set themselves up like a modern day service business to deliver it. Therefore without a licence they are nothing.

Unbelievable this.

Salford were set to be next to nothing until Dr. K came along. Probably a swinton ground share and a CC1 place would be their "one way or another".

London Broncos have roots going back to 1981 and RL in the capital has roots going back through the 20th. century.

In the same way a band of enthusiasts have preserved failed clubs in places like York, Hunslet, Gatehead and Wales (see what I did there)there's enough enthusiasts for London to carry on, there was in the past.

Difficulties could prevent this and they could go like Blackpool did, but to pretend they are not a "proper" RL club seems pretty outrageous shall we say??

#70 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

Unbelievable this.

Salford were set to be next to nothing until Dr. K came along. Probably a swinton ground share and a CC1 place would be their "one way or another".

London Broncos have roots going back to 1981 and RL in the capital has roots going back through the 20th. century.

In the same way a band of enthusiasts have preserved failed clubs in places like York, Hunslet, Gatehead and Wales (see what I did there)there's enough enthusiasts for London to carry on, there was in the past.

Difficulties could prevent this and they could go like Blackpool did, but to pretend they are not a "proper" RL club seems pretty outrageous shall we say??

No, he is right.

London Broncos have no community. They don't know whether they are a north / east / south or west London side. They don't know what their name should be nor their team colours or badge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users