Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for Workington

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

With SL not playing this weekend will JK be able to give Baz and Keegan a well earned rest (think they have played just about every match so far) and bring in Alex for a guest appearance from Saints and maybe Mullally from the Giants?

#2 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

Think there are restrictions regarding eligibility of DR players for NR Cup games. Not sure exactly what they are but believed they are designed to stop clubs suddenly producing some "star" names in later rounds.

Anyway I wouldn't think Saints will release Alex again this season now that he is a confirmed member of their squad, as, it would appear, is Mullalley at Giants and Fleming at Cas. Think only DR we will be seeing from now on is Johnson which leaves us a bit thin on the ground.

#3 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

you can still use 5 DR players for NR cup matches my team (haven) used 3 saints players in the last round 

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hope put a decent team out as Worky are no mugs and I would like another pop at the NR final

THIS IS WHAT CENSORSHIP LOOKS LIKE!!

Favorite film - "Silenced by the Lambs"

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

Didn't Fleming and Mullaly both play at Keighley in the last round of the NRC??

#6 paulregan

paulregan
  • Facebook
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

NO

#7 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

Yes they both did. Alex Rowe was rested

#8 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Fleming, Blackmore and Mullaly played against Keighley

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013 Relegated  2014"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,770 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Only DR players who played in the last round of the NR Cup are elligible to play in this and subsequent rounds.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

Blackmore is no better than we have got, will Fleming and Mullaley be released to play now they are breaking in to the first team?

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013 Relegated  2014"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#11 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

Only DR players who played in the last round of the NR Cup are elligible to play in this and subsequent rounds.

Looks as if Workington are in the same boat - they only have 1 DR who is eligible for this round.

#12 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

It's a shame we won't have Josh Johnson as he's been pretty solid for us these last few weeks. By the looks of it Fleming and Mullally will be with their SL clubs so I reckon we'll be looking at something like:

Geeenwood
Campbell
Walton
Faal
Johnson
Black
Moore
Smith
Mennel
Rowe
Walmsley
Davies
Lindsay

Hirst
Flanagan
Bretherton
Leary

#13 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

There aren't any SL games this weekend so I'm hopeful maybe Fleming and Mullaly might be made available. Smart of JK to play them both in the Keighley game!

#14 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

It's a shame we won't have Josh Johnson as he's been pretty solid for us these last few weeks. By the looks of it Fleming and Mullally will be with their SL clubs so I reckon we'll be looking at something like:

Geeenwood
Campbell
Walton
Faal
Johnson
Black
Moore
Smith
Mennel
Rowe
Walmsley
Davies
Lindsay

Hirst
Flanagan
Bretherton
Leary

More than happy with that team bring it on !!!

#15 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

More than happy with that team bring it on !!!

Is Faal Ok or is he still injured??.
WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Flemming to play acording to BN

THIS IS WHAT CENSORSHIP LOOKS LIKE!!

Favorite film - "Silenced by the Lambs"

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#17 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

JK on Radio Leeds this morning saying he has a problem as he has too many fit players to choose from!! Only Applegarth not available.

#18 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

JK on Radio Leeds this morning saying he has a problem as he has too many fit players to choose from!! Only Applegarth not available.

Excellent. I believe that he really needs to strike a balance between putting out a strong enough team to win this weekend but ensuring we have a fit and fresh squad for the run in. (not that this thought hadn't occurred to him l'm sure!!!)

#19 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

Sounds good. Let's just hope a good crowd turns up on the day- it is after all the only game in Yorkshire on Sunday. Good to hear that JK was on the radio publicising it

#20 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

It should be a cracking game and I hope to be there, but the 2 o clock kick off is a difficult time if, like me, you've been invited out to Sunday lunch for fathers' day.  Good on the club for offering their own fathers' day lunch, but its not a suitable offer for every family.  If you hear a knocking on the gates of the club at half time it may well be me! 

Sounds good. Let's just hope a good crowd turns up on the day- it is after all the only game in Yorkshire on Sunday. Good to hear that JK was on the radio publicising it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users