TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Team for Workington

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Looks as if Workington are in the same boat - they only have 1 DR who is eligible for this round.

Town wont have any DR players this week as we have some players back from the injury list.   We will have a loanee - Jordan Walne - in his second months loan from Salford.    His brother Adam Walne came on loan to us last season and then signed for us but Salford came back for him a few weeks in to the season and he is now playing in their SL team.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#22 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Excellent. I believe that he really needs to strike a balance between putting out a strong enough team to win this weekend but ensuring we have a fit and fresh squad for the run in. (not that this thought hadn't occurred to him l'm sure!!!)

I agree with rotating players in league games but in Sunday's Cup Quarter Final Batley have to play the strongest available side and have a repeat of the Huddersfield performance. Workington's win over Leigh shows they are no mugs.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#23 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

I agree with rotating players in league games but in Sunday's Cup Quarter Final Batley have to play the strongest available side and have a repeat of the Huddersfield performance. Workington's win over Leigh shows they are no mugs.

unfortunately we dont seem to travel with the same intensity (unless its to our neighbours) as we have at derwent park. gutted to say this but i think the bulldogs will have too much for us at home. and tbh it wont do us any harm in concentrating on survival.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users