Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Soward to Super League ASAP?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,833 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

Well they've really fallen out this time - Soward and coach Steve Price - that's official.

They had a bit of a do last season, but this time it appears to signal the parting of the ways.

How much in contrast this with the handling of other off form players by coaches of some other teams.

Still Price doesn't seem happy with Jamie's behaviour either.

So rather than be consigned to the rest of his Red V days with their feeder club, Soward has signalled his availability for a spell at a SL club to see out the season before joining Panthers in 2014.

Is there a SL club that can take him or want him?

The timing isn't good.

It can take weeks to get a work permit sorted out.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

So are we looking at Salford? London?

For such a short term measure there's not a great deal of choice in SL

#3 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,833 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Somebody with room for him and in need of a creative player and kicker who on his day can turn a match.

He could be the sort of player the two clubs you mention are in need of. Aren't  Salford looking to next season though????

With no relegation they can just sit at or near the bottom and direct any money to a longer term solution.

London are desperate for somebody to change their fortunes drastically and he might just be the one for them.

He has worked with the St Helen coach in the past at Dragons.

No doubt his agent will get him the best of any deal on the table. That work permit will take time though ...

#4 R L Winger

R L Winger
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

Nathan Brown dropped Soward in 2008 for the Semis, So I  don't think you will se the spoiled little brat in a St Helens jumper. I have a feeling he might end up at Wigan and maybe past this season. I think the Panthers are having second thoughts.

Posted Image

#5 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

I have a feeling he might end up at Wigan

HELL NO !

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite

and furthermore always carry a small snake - W C Fields

#6 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,833 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

Nathan Brown dropped Soward in 2008 for the Semis, So I  don't think you will se the spoiled little brat in a St Helens jumper. I have a feeling he might end up at Wigan and maybe past this season. I think the Panthers are having second thoughts.

As a Dragons fan you're not very keen on him I take it then RLW?

#7 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,833 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Just watched Dragons lose out in a narrow loss at home to Cowboys.

One of the differences between the two sides was Dragons not having a JT to guide them and motivate them all over the place.

OK Soward was not a Thurston, but Dragons need to get some spark back into their team. Waiting until 2014 and for Gareth Widdop won't be enough in my book.

#8 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hmm ? Be interesting to see if Widdop adds any more spark than Soward under the sparkling rule of Price :P

#9 R L Winger

R L Winger
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

As a Dragons fan you're not very keen on him I take it then RLW?

No not with his performance on the field i'm not keen on him at all

Posted Image

#10 R L Winger

R L Winger
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

Jamie Soward has just signed with the London Broncos for the rest of the 2013 season. What a joke signing with a club that is 2nd from the bottom of it's competition and no hope of making the play offs, Soward you loser.

Posted Image

#11 Sinistral

Sinistral
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:33 AM

I don't think Soward is the loser in that equation. He is in an environment where he is not wanted (understandably so) & will benefit from getting out. A few more months in that team must seem like hell for him, so why not have a holiday in a love-it-or-hate-it city? Certainly, no NRL club will touch him, & Soward isn't upto the task of joining a club in England who will place any serious expectations upon him, so this strikes me as the best available move on his part.

The real losers here are the Broncos. Why they would even consider this is totally beyond me --- he will add nothing, nor will he even attempt to. Of course, you can say they're bringing that on themselves & so don't deserve any sympathy, but that's only true of the administration, not the fans.

#12 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

The 'escargot' appears to have been a tad slippery for Soward's 1st run :tongue:

Or mayhaps it was the Dragon tag that threw him.

#13 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,833 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

Dragons are missing a slippery play maker.

Considering they have some top class players in their team they just can't match the creative half back play of most other teams.

It makes you wonder if Soward was the problem at Dragons or more likely in the head coach department.

He went from hero to zero very quickly there which can't be a good sign.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users