Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Thanks for nothing premier

York match moved

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

<p>According to tonights evening mail our match with York will now be on a Thursday night for the TV. I think we will struggle to get a coach up for that somehow</p>

Edited by Plan of Attack, 11 June 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#2 dhuggybear

dhuggybear
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

Great a full family day out ruined due to these numpties.

Edited by dhuggybear, 11 June 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#3 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

I've booked a weekend in York , but have to work Thursday so I won't see the game . To say I'm gutted is a *%#%+€ understatement. !!!! Could cry !!! Arghhhh.

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

oh no you mean ive got to go to the pub and watch us get beat away again :-(

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

This was on the york forum 3 or 4 days ago, poor though.

#6 Doughty

Doughty
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

I've booked a weekend in York , but have to work Thursday so I won't see the game . To say I'm gutted is a *%#%+€ understatement. !!!! Could cry !!! Arghhhh.

Its a novel change for it to be york and not Sheffield. I got stung with the move to a thursday night 3 years on the bounce. Pre booking rooms and trains never seems to pay off. I only didn't have york confirmed because I couldnt get a decent train deal sorted.

#7 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

The TV companies shouldn't be allowed to do this. What about the players who have work the next day. They won't get home till after mid-night. Its an absolute joke,

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#8 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

The TV companies shouldn't be allowed to do this. What about the players who have work the next day. They won't get home till after mid-night. Its an absolute joke,

Or Players who work that night, like Campbell therefore he can't play this game now

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

Makes you wonder just who selects the games.    Town have had 3 away trips on a Thursday evening for TV - Hunslet, Doncaster and Keighley - but we have never had one at home where a team from Yorkshire has to travel to Workington.    Strange!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

Makes you wonder just who selects the games.      Strange!!!

Keith its a guy sat in a dingy office with a fixture list and a pin :sclerosis:

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#11 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Or Players who work that night, like Campbell therefore he can't play this game now

Yeah I agree.
Thursday night is Dan Toal's fight night in Ulverston.
Bloody RFL eh, spoil blooming everything!
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#12 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

cant make either now...im travelling back from Scotland...thank you Premier Sports...another away game missed. :shout:

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#13 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Makes you wonder just who selects the games.    Town have had 3 away trips on a Thursday evening for TV - Hunslet, Doncaster and Keighley - but we have never had one at home where a team from Yorkshire has to travel to Workington.    Strange!!!

Batley had to travel up to Barrow on a thursday night! However l take your point. I actually hate my team being on tv on thursdays as l see no real benefit to it.

#14 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Premier sports should do their games 6.30 on a Saturday night.

Edit: When SL moves to the Monday night slot.

Edited by barrowraiderskid, 12 June 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

but that would mean using a bit of common sense.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

Whitehaven just point blank refused to come to Sheffield on a Thursday night. I was amazed that the RFL allowed that - I hope they docked Haven's share-out. Where would we be if everybody did that ?

But back to the point, Sunday tea time would be a lot less disruptive.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Whitehaven just point blank refused to come to Sheffield on a Thursday night. I was amazed that the RFL allowed that - I hope they docked Haven's share-out. Where would we be if everybody did that ?

I suppose it might help if your coach is one of the regular summarisers on Premier Sports!!!   ;)  ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

I suppose it might help if your coach is one of the regular summarisers on Premier Sports!!!   ;)  ;)

You know, Keith ? That just makes it even worse.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#19 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

What share out

#20 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Absolutely!  Loved Saturday evening games.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users