5 things you love about Rugby League
Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:12 PM
As someone said earlier the sound of a good tackle
The sheer physical courage of the players
England v Australia
The Challenge Cup
Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:26 PM
Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.
Visit: http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.
Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc
Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:44 AM
The occasional triumph
The accessibility of the games' "stars"!!
The social and cultural history of our game.
And the way we all agree on everything all the time
Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:44 PM
1. Huddersfield Giants RLFC
2. The camaraderie between fans of different teams
3. Players doing it without demanding ridiculous amounts of money
4. Reminscing with other older fans about times/grounds/games long gone.
5. The entertainment of the game, whether it be SL, WC or local amateur
Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:42 AM
- The way it has shaped my life from 5 years old, my beliefs, my social life, my experiences and my identity.
- How close it keeps my family; my parents are both lifetime pass holders and my sister and niece are annual passholders. It is the first and last thing we always talk about.
- How accessible everyone involved in the game is. Players, fans, administrators and the referees. Having my picture taking with Steve Ganson summed up the nature of all of TGG participants for me.
- The effect it can have on my mood. A good win and I can smile for days, a bad loss and I can barely speak.
- The goosebumps, the tingles, the chills, the emotions, the butterflies, the intangibles.
After visiting Milford Sound in New Zealand somebody who had also visited there said that you can’t describe the experience you can only nod at each other and know what you both mean and I think that the same is true about RL. You are either with us or will never understand.
- amh likes this
Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming is good for your figure, then explain whale to me..
Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:52 PM
3. Its place at the heart of the community
4. Its heritage
5. As my dad said before he died, it's our game.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users