Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights to honour Hall of Famers in vintage charity jersey!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

No. These are strictly limited edition, so if you want one, you'll have to bid.

Do you not check your e-mythers at home...?

:P

Posted Image

#22 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Auctioning off 20 limited edition shirts is better than selling a load at 40 quid a pop. Unless you don't get one, then at least you'll have something else to whinge about.

#23 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Auctioning off 20 limited edition shirts is better than selling a load at 40 quid a pop. Unless you don't get one, then at least you'll have something else to whinge about.

Nice touch Mr Hall calling fans who want to put money in the club coffers "whingers", so as a supporter I may get out bid on buying one of these shirts, but if they were made and sold in the club shop I could then buy one and put even more money in the club coffers, as I say madness.

#24 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

^_^

Posted Image

#25 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Nice touch Mr Hall calling fans who want to put money in the club coffers "whingers", so as a supporter I may get out bid on buying one of these shirts, but if they were made and sold in the club shop I could then buy one and put even more money in the club coffers, as I say madness.

The club would have to order about 200 shirts for them to be able to get them at a cheap enough price to sell them at a profit, and we'd have to sell them all to do that (which we wouldnt). These are a one off, paid for by sponsorship and any money raised by the auction is an extra. It's a nice touch by the club to honour the York RL greats, the rarer the shirt, the more value to whoever manages to get one.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#26 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Ask and ye shall get!

Posted Image

#27 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

Never called anyone a whinger. Just said you'd have something to whinge about, knowing full well you were being catered for, Mr Hides-behind-a-pseudonym.

#28 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

Never called anyone a whinger. Just said you'd have something to whinge about, knowing full well you were being catered for, Mr Hides-behind-a-pseudonym.

You can call me Mr Howe and believe me Mr Hall I have no reason to hide

#29 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

You can call me Mr Howe and believe me Mr Hall I have no reason to hide

Any comment on the new fans away shirt M Howe?

Posted Image

#30 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Any comment on the new fans away shirt M Howe?

Yes. T'is a smashing idea and one the club should be congratulated on.

Ps

My christian name begins with a P, it's my brothers that begins with an M.

#31 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

So we have to order 200 shirts then if that's the case why not do them to per order if you don't get 200 names don't order simple as.

#32 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Plus me buy a shirt worn by say Simon brown would be pointless as I'm a xxxl lol and we don't have Brett Waller playing for us anymore.

#33 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

So we have to order 200 shirts then if that's the case why not do them to per order if you don't get 200 names don't order simple as.

Just buy next years away shirt?

Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#34 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

We don't have 200 players in the Hall of Fame yet!

These one-off limited edition shirts aren't to be worn again after this game, they are to be auctioned off as an exclusively rare piece of RL memorabilia hopefully for a lot of money that will go to the YCK Foundation. It will be something to be cherished and framed and hung above your fireplace, proud in the knowledge that you own one of only 17 of these shirts in existence, should you be lucky enough to win one the auctions.

If we killed the exclusivity, made 200 of them and struggled to sell them how would that help anyone?

Its not quite simple as...

Posted Image

#35 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Just buy next years away shirt?

If he's quick he could even get his name on it...

Edited by Gav Wilson, 13 June 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Posted Image

#36 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

If he's quick he could even get his name on it...

And there'll be some in xxxl lol size too.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#37 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

K next question are the shirts next season gonna be the same as the players and not a cheap copy like the last two seasons.

#38 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

K next question are the shirts next season gonna be the same as the players and not a cheap copy like the last two seasons.

From what I've seen, you won't be disappointed. :)

Posted Image

#39 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Hope so gav the silly collars have to go

#40 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hope so gav the silly collars have to go

They are definitely gone, I can tell you that much!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users