TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

JJB meets Dr Marwan Koukash

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rugby League World

Rugby League World
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

p22-26_JJB-Koukash_small.jpg

From boy soldier to millionaire racehorse owner and now Rugby League club chairman. JAMIE JONES-BUCHANAN meets up with one of the most talked about men in the game, Dr Marwan Koukash, the new Salford City Reds owner.

“If I set myself a target, I use every avenue and every method, everything I have to achieve that target. The way I see it is like this - this is my dream, this is my vision and I won't let anything get in the way.”

“Now, I'm not a Rugby League expert, I’m a business man, but the way I look at it, with the rules and regulations that people impose in the game I would say that we are deliberately making the game a second class sport.”

Read the full interview, only in Rugby League World. In shops or get it online now.

Rugby League World Magazine

Twitter @rlworld

Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueworld

#2 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

p22-26_JJB-Koukash_small.jpg

From boy soldier to millionaire racehorse owner and now Rugby League club chairman. JAMIE JONES-BUCHANAN meets up with one of the most talked about men in the game, Dr Marwan Koukash, the new Salford City Reds owner.

“If I set myself a target, I use every avenue and every method, everything I have to achieve that target. The way I see it is like this - this is my dream, this is my vision and I won't let anything get in the way.”

“Now, I'm not a Rugby League expert, I’m a business man, but the way I look at it, with the rules and regulations that people impose in the game I would say that we are deliberately making the game a second class sport.”

Read the full interview, only in Rugby League World. In shops or get it online now.

It will make interesting reading for sure. I wouldn't want to get the wrong side of the good doctor as he is man on a mission in all aspects of his life.

#3 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

Great statement from the doc ''with the rules and regulations that people impose in the game I would say that we are deliberately making the game a second class sport.”

Too many journo type, admin men non producers for my liking too

#4 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

The new mag is a great read. Gets the thumbs up from me!

Buy it, folks. :)

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#5 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

I even got a new word from this article - thanks JJB - Verisimilitude

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#6 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

4/1 on that Koukash would make a better fist of goal line defence than JJB already.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#7 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

Just read this article over lunch - would reccomend it. Was on the fence about the good doc, but away from his bombastic press releases I think he genuinely does have the game's best interests at heart. He can cetainly see the value of the game and how good it is we just need to "get the message out there" (to borrow a Stevoism). We could do with a few more Marwan's in our game, as he explains in the article.

It doesn't make mean any more convinced that he won't just storm off in a huff if things don't go his way, mind.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users