TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Remi Casty to NRL with Roosters

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Story breaking here. To join up with Trent Robinson. If so fantastic opportunity for him & richly deserved.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#2 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

Just chatting to Foti sans Goaty about it....

Fantastic news for the lad and for the treize here.  

Sad for the Dragons who have now lost their two big grunt boys up front in the space of twelve months.  Casty doing a lot more work this year in the absence of Ferriol.

http://fr.catalansdr...2013-06-11_2823

Edited by timtum, 11 June 2013 - 07:24 PM.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#3 fetlar

fetlar
  • Twitter
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Ryan Bailey to replace Casty??

#4 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

Two years from 2014. After Dream Team selection in 2012. Who knows may still get him back. What experience he would bring back & still only 30 yrs old. If anyone has built the foundations at Brutus its him. Whats more he will wear the tricolours to remind him of home. Bravo Remi!

Edited by audois, 11 June 2013 - 07:36 PM.

"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"

#5 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

Two years from 2014. After Dream Team selection in 2012. Who knows may still get him back. What experience he would bring back & still only 30 yrs old. If anyone has built the foundations at Brutus its him. Whats more he will wear the tricolours to remind him of home. Bravo Remi!

Agree entirely, and nicely put as ever.  

A strange feeling of happy sadness.

www.mistersaucisse.fr

#6 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

I do wish the Australians would start some youth development in their forward department as they need to stop nicking those from the northern hemisphere.

Personally I don't celebrate any good player of Casty's quality leaving Superleague for the NRL.  I think it's a damn shame he's been tempted away.  Our league was richer for him being in it.  The only possible upside to him going is that a young French forward may get the chance now to show us what he has got to offer, at least I hope that will be the outcome.

#7 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

Agree entirely, and nicely put as ever.  

A strange feeling of happy sadness.

You've summed it up.

Out of interest is he a first from France to play NRL.

#8 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

Big Jerome at the Raiders....  Must be 15 years ago now, but still got the Aussie twang.

Saintslass, please forgive us.  Down here we have watched Remi Casty from junior level come through the ranks, and to see him go to the NRL is a huge clap on the back for the lad.

www.mistersaucisse.fr

#9 winnyason

winnyason
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

Rather manly do the roosters have a salary cap?

#10 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Big Jerome at the Raiders....  Must be 15 years ago now, but still got the Aussie twang.

Saintslass, please forgive us.  Down here we have watched Remi Casty from junior level come through the ranks, and to see him go to the NRL is a huge clap on the back for the lad.

Nothing to forgive!  I can appreciate your pride.

Watching the NRL week in, week out on Premier Sports has left me somewhat underwhelmed on the whole, bar a match or two each week, so I'm not really in the worshipping NRL camp!  I just get miffed that they keep tempting our (ie the northern hemisphere) best forwards meaning our game is without them.  If they have such a wonderful system out there why don't they develop their own bloody forwards? :angry:  (Scuse my ranting!)

#11 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Nothing to forgive!  I can appreciate your pride.

Watching the NRL week in, week out on Premier Sports has left me somewhat underwhelmed on the whole, bar a match or two each week, so I'm not really in the worshipping NRL camp!  I just get miffed that they keep tempting our (ie the northern hemisphere) best forwards meaning our game is without them.  If they have such a wonderful system out there why don't they develop their own bloody forwards? :angry:  (Scuse my ranting!)

Aye, the world needs more Josh Perry's!

;)

Posted Image

#12 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Aye, the world needs more Josh Perry's!

;)

Well, I suppose it does if it wants more muesli but not if it wants good rugby league!!

#13 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

Great stuff, look forward to seeing how he goes over there. Congrats Remy, and all the best!

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#14 winnyason

winnyason
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Anyone thinking escare may be cherry picked to replace minichello.

#15 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

Great news. Tomkins and Ryan Hall next please.

I think the best hope for European rugby league - sadly - is NRL expansion into Europe personally. In this age of easy air travel I could realistically see, say, 6 European sides joining an expanded NRL and playing away games in batches on road trips. I wouldn't rule out our big guns like Leeds, Wigan and Saints putting in bids to join in the future and Catalan with its European flavour would be a big draw as well.

#16 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

Watching the NRL week in, week out on Premier Sports has left me somewhat underwhelmed on the whole, bar a match or two each week, so I'm not really in the worshipping NRL camp!

Really? I'm the exact opposite. Total convert. The game's twice as quick, largely penalty free and just played to an infinitely higher standard (IMHO).

#17 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

I think the best hope for European rugby league - sadly - is NRL expansion into Europe personally. In this age of easy air travel I could realistically see, say, 6 European sides joining an expanded NRL and playing away games in batches on road trips. I wouldn't rule out our big guns like Leeds, Wigan and Saints putting in bids to join in the future and Catalan with its European flavour would be a big draw as well.

That's just not feasible at all, the journey is just far to long.

#18 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Anyways good look to Remi, hope he goes well down under.

#19 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Have you ever considered seeking help from a mental health professional?

#20 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

That's just not feasible at all, the journey is just far to long.

Really? So how does international cricket manage then?

If you had 6 Euro sides the Aussie sides would only need 1 road trip each and the Euro sides at most 3 but possibly just 2. I don't see a huge problem, although of course the preferred alternative would be a self-contained Euro "conference" with smaller road trips just adding colour by way of non-conference games. But that would necessitate as many Euro NRL sides as are in Aus, which brings us back to the same problem that Super League faces, namely that we're not brave or ambitious enough to engineer them.

I'll make a prediction though - Leeds and Saints to apply to join NRL within 5 years. Watch this space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users