• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Chase qualifies
The sole criterion for his selection should be based on his ability to play to the required standard not how 'English' he is

This viewpoint devalues international Rugby League completely, in my opinion.

#22 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

This viewpoint devalues international Rugby League completely, in my opinion.

How do these rules devalue to every other form of international competition as we?

or is it just RL that is especially devalued by them?

#23 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

I don't remember people complaining this much when Maurie Fa'asavalu played for Britain. Chase has an English wife and child, considers England his home and wants to play for England. If he is good enough I see no problem.

Err yes there was. I was one of them.

He may consider himself English but until he can drink 10 pints of Jaipur in one sesh and still walk home, and eats pork scratching, black pudding, and knows what Babbeesyedchipsanpeas is then he will always be a convict bread stealer

#24 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

Chase qualifies
The sole criterion for his selection should be based on his ability to play to the required standard not how 'English' he is

Well he shouldn't be playing by that logic then.

#25 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,191 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

Well he shouldn't be playing by that logic then.

That's up to the coach
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#26 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

"I've got hurt feelings"......

#27 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Poor Rangi, his feelings are hurt.  What about Tangi Ropati's jaw, that looked to hurt a bit.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#28 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,839 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

"I've got hurt feelings"......

Maybe by whingeing he's trying to prove that he is the very essence of English/UK RL.

I have no problem with Chase qualifying for England. Like Brough, my concern is that his form is erratic and he has to be the beginning and the end of a team to perform.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#29 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,191 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Maybe by whingeing he's trying to prove that he is the very essence of English/UK RL.

I have no problem with Chase qualifying for England. Like Brough, my concern is that his form is erratic and he has to be the beginning and the end of a team to perform.

Quite
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#30 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Maybe by whingeing he's trying to prove that he is the very essence of English/UK RL

Ah, hadn't thought of that.......what a cunning stunt

#31 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

But unlike Sinfield, who's form has been simply poor!
Posted Image

#32 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

He qualifies for England under the rules, debate the rules if you want but it's not his fault.

I thought that's what we were doing?

Because working Visas have a different set of criteria to national sport qualification.

And here lies the main debating point really. We are almost left in the very real situation that a player representing out country can't even work in it. That's why there's something wring with this system.

An English representative should be able to play freely for anyone in this country. Chase can't switch clubs at present due to visa restrictions.
Posted Image

#33 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

Babbeesyedchipsanpeas

Enlighten me please? I've lived in England all my life and still don't know what that is!

rldfsignature.jpg

#34 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

And here lies the main debating point really. We are almost left in the very real situation that a player representing out country can't even work in it. That's why there's something wring with this system.

Yes but not quite. When you represent England at RL or any other sport you are t really representing the country but the governing body of a sport that operates within said country.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#35 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Enlighten me please? I've lived in England all my life and still don't know what that is!

Steak pudding chips and peas

#36 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

I have a few opinions on the situation.
1, i think his form hasn't been nowhere near gud enough.
2, i think anyway u look at him representing englad it must b dishesrtening for young english half bcks wen they see better english born players being overlooked for a ex juniour kiwi.
3, The rules shud b changed imo but if its in the rules and every other country do it then if they gud enough pick them until the rules are changed

#37 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

hes a one season wonder , that has been found out  by all the other coaches now apart from McNamara , and hes not English, end of thread.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#38 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,839 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

But unlike Sinfield, who's form has been simply poor!

I am amused and bemused if you think I'm a Sinfield believer. I'll just support whoever plays for England.

I would't swap any of Warrington's three halfbacks for any of the three players about whom we constantly bicker on here.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#39 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 817 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

hes a one season wonder , that has been found out  by all the other coaches now apart from McNamara , and hes not English, end of thread.

Is this the same one season wonder that is currently leading the Superleague standings for try assists and offloads and is in the top eight for a further six key stats?

He at least WANTS to play for England, unlike some who were actually born in this country.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#40 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

one season wonder?

you are clueless - end of thread
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users