TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Rangi Chase hurt by 'discrimination' over England call up

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Then there's Alfie Langer; surplus to requirements at Warrington, goes on to play Origin. Good game this cherry picking.

Alfie Langer filled a crisis for Qld, what was wrong with that?
He did the job.
What has that got to do with this thread?

#82 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Played three games for Penrith.

Is he going to play for Oz or NZ anytime soon?

Yes and is now attracting the interest of other NRL clubs. 

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#83 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,519 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Alfie Langer filled a crisis for Qld, what was wrong with that?
He did the job.
What has that got to do with this thread?

It means just picking an example of one player not doing so well at one club but better at another can be done by everyone.

#84 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

CKN, I can see you watching this thread, I am going to clear out before it turns to ###### with posters banging on with no idea and it goes downhill and I may get shot by you.

#85 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

It means just picking an example of one player not doing so well at one club but better at another can be done by everyone.

If Chase was any good he would not be at Castleford or Hull would he?
Funny how St George could not fit him under their cap but they could fit Josh Dugan in who would be on more than twice the money.

Edited by AndyCapp, 13 June 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#86 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,519 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

CKN, I can see you watching this thread, I am going to clear out before it turns to ###### with posters banging on with no idea and it goes downhill and I may get shot by you.

Lol. You use chase not doing well in his early career as a sign he is no good but get huffy when pointed out that you were just cherry picking the bad bits?
Threads dont get locked because of differing opinions, why the Am-Dram stuff?

#87 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

Anyway, has chase been discriminated against?

Well he's eligible and he's been picked.  What's his beef again?

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#88 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

No he didn't

The fact he is playing well in the NRL now says more about the NRL than Bradford or SL doesn't it?
Sam Burgess is playing better than he did for Bradford too, what are you saying again?

I can assure you that Sam Burgess is not playing as well as he did when he first broke into the Bradford team.
People called Romans they go the house

#89 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

:D  People are can have strong views as long as they express them without resorting to abuse!  It's when you see John Drake's name at the bottom that you should get worried about things...

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#90 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

Well I guess if Sam burgess woke up tomorrow morning & decided he is Australian. Those pro chase fans would not be thinking to themselves, he is English he should be playing for England when he lines up for Australia.

#91 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,519 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

Don't think many people think he is English. More whether he is good enough or qualifies.

#92 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

I think the international qualification rules are a bit suspect, same as for many other sports, but he meets them and is fully qualified to play if selected.

I think the international rules are utterly absurd and are the crux of the problemm

Rangi Chase shouldn't take the fuss too personally.  It's only about him because it happens to be him, if you see what I mean.  He's actually pretty irrelevant to the problem.

That's me.  I'm done.

#93 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Danny Brough is Scottish. Joe Mellor is currently at England Knights level in my opinion.

Where abouts in Scotland is Dewsbury?

#94 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

and i used joe as an example of a good up and coming english halfback who may find his route to the national team blocked by an antipodean journeyman
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#95 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

Where abouts in Scotland is Dewsbury?

Dewsbury in West Yorkshire, what has that got to do with anything?

Posted Image

#96 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,996 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Don't think many people think he is English. More whether he is good enough or qualifies.

And in my opinion that's what Chase's selection is all about. His talent (perceived or otherwise) is valued far more highly than the ethics of his selection. It smacks of Aussie "win at all costs" mentality. Some people think England winning the WC will result in millions taking up the sport and oceans of column inches and hours of tv coverage we didn't have previously. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. We'll be chip wrappers before the week after the WC final is out.

rldfsignature.jpg

#97 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

I think tonight's game would be more intense/ high pressured, if the winners won the prize of representing England at the world cup.

#98 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Dewsbury in West Yorkshire, what has that got to do with anything?

It's where Danny Brough was born. However

"just because you were born in a stable, doesn't make you a donkey" - Arthur Welsey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users