Photo
- - - - -

16/06/13 - Kingstone Press Championship 1 Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game will provide the narrowest winning margin? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game will provide the narrowest winning margin?

1. Gateshead Thunder v Rochdale Hornets (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Hemel Stags v North Wales Crusaders (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

3. London Skolars v Gloucestershire All Golds (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. South Wales Scorpions v Oldham (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

Thinking about it, I'm not too suprised at the Hemel result. Crusaders were lucky to beat Oldham last week, and a wake-up call won't perhaps be a bad thing.

#22 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Brilliant win for the Stags in front of a good crowd with a great atmosphere.Great defence to hold the Cru out when they had an extended period in front our line in the 2nd half.Really chuffed.Shame I had the full family complement with me as I'd still be there getting wellied!
Well done to all the lads for digging deep,they were having a good sing in the changing room afterwards.Bring on Oldham next week,easy ;-)

#23 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

You can get bladdered anytime. Having your whole family there on a day like today is worth it!

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#24 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Thinking about it, I'm not too suprised at the Hemel result. Crusaders were lucky to beat Oldham last week, and a wake-up call won't perhaps be a bad thing.

That did seem to be thinking of any Cru fans I chatted to post-match. Not that they were ungracious losers; far from it.

A really top afternoon at Pennine Way - good entertainment put on for the kids, a great buzz mostly created by the away fans and a fantastic result for the Stags.

Edited by Kenny Bania, 16 June 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#25 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

Hemel's defence was absolutely brilliant, and so were their tactics compared to ours. Crusaders threw everything at Hemel but they held firm. Well done to the Stags. I hope Crusaders can relax a bit now that the unbeaten tag has gone. I will still take Crusaders to win the division but I'm really quite "made up" for the Stags. They got what they deserved on the day and so did Crusaders!

#26 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

Yep.  No excuses. Stags were the better tam on the day. Excellent defence, took their points when on offer and were well deserved winners. I am sure Clive and John will work the boys hard now and we need to get back to winning ways next week in preparation for Rochdale.

#27 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

Great support from the Crusaders fans, it really made for a great atmosphere and sparked us Hemel fans into life also

#28 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

Great support from the Crusaders fans, it really made for a great atmosphere and sparked us Hemel fans into life also

The Cru fans are a terrific bunch.  I've missed them at the games in Superleague.

#29 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

I,m glad to see the attendance was a vast improvement on the recent one of 122. How many of the crowd would you estimate were locals as opposed to Crusader's fans?

#30 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

wouldnt like to state with any certainty, there were a lot of Welsh there but Stags fans were definitely the majority.

The 122 crowd is something of an outlier and I wouldnt take that as proof of anything. A game in the NRC against the same opposition in absolutely torrential rain, with no roof, got 57 more through the gate. The dead rubber game against North Wales on a weeknight featuring both sides reserves got more than 122.

The ridiculous decision to schedule Championship games over the same weekend as the Magic Weekend probably had a lot to do with how low it was. Still dont understand why they still do that.

#31 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

We'll be at Filtrona Park - always a good trip up there.

I'll have a punt at:

1. Gateshead Thunder v Rochdale Hornets - Hornets by 30
  2. Hemel Stags v North Wales Crusaders - Crusaders by 30
  3. London Skolars v Gloucestershire All Golds - Skolars by 30
  4. South Wales Scorpions v Oldham - Scorpions by 13  ;)

I know nowt, me.

Fantastic result for fellow Co-operative Hemel: got a big cheer at Filtrona Park.

All Golds gave a good account of themselves and Oldham stole it at the death.

Despite the score, Gateshead gave it a good go: first quarter of an hour they really took the game to us. Losing their half-back did them no favours. Bit a great day out (again) in South Shields. Sun cracking the flags, good game, good banter with the Thunder fans (appreciating their appreciation of our appreciating their comments the highlight). Good luck to to the Thunder boys - they deserve a win soon.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#32 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

I,m glad to see the attendance was a vast improvement on the recent one of 122. How many of the crowd would you estimate were locals as opposed to Crusader's fans?

I would say about 2 thirds were supporting Hemel, but they came from afar a field as Leeds (no i dont class that as local).

Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

Welcome to this world Harry, 5lb 2oz and fighting fit.

#33 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

There were 44 on the Crusaders supporters bus and probably a few more than that made their own way. Maybe 120 visiting fans in all, but saw Crusaders fans from Derby, Stoke and Salford.

Edited by Celtic Rooster, 17 June 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#34 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

I know nowt, me.

Fantastic result for fellow Co-operative Hemel: got a big cheer at Filtrona Park.
All Golds gave a good account of themselves and Oldham stole it at the death.

Despite the score, Gateshead gave it a good go: first quarter of an hour they really took the game to us. Losing their half-back did them no favours. Bit a great day out (again) in South Shields. Sun cracking the flags, good game, good banter with the Thunder fans (appreciating their appreciation of our appreciating their comments the highlight). Good luck to to the Thunder boys - they deserve a win soon.

There appeared some concern from Oldham & Hornets pre-season regarding CC1 & yet this post paints a whole new picture.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#35 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Oh, it's an enjoyable season, but we're in the middle of a run of Oxford, Gateshead, London, NW Crusaders and Hemel consecutively away and it's a huge ask of clubs and fans to do that. We took about half the crowd at Oxford and Gateshead, but with the cost and travelling involved, we'll be down to the hard-core at London.

By the time we've paid £77 for the train, a fiver for the tube, £12 admission, lunch, a programme, a drink plus a few bits, I imagine we'll be into £120 - and that's a really, really big ask of quite a few of our travelling fans.

In terms of distances, it's taken some getting used to, but Gateshead and Cheltenham are no worse than going to Whitehaven, really. London and Hemel are the killers.

On the plus side, we're getting to tick off loads of new grounds, meet loads of new RL fans and do a bit of 'on the road bonding' with the team. It's a tough slog, but so far, so good.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#36 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

wouldnt like to state with any certainty, there were a lot of Welsh there but Stags fans were definitely the majority.

The 122 crowd is something of an outlier and I wouldnt take that as proof of anything. A game in the NRC against the same opposition in absolutely torrential rain, with no roof, got 57 more through the gate. The dead rubber game against North Wales on a weeknight featuring both sides reserves got more than 122.

The ridiculous decision to schedule Championship games over the same weekend as the Magic Weekend probably had a lot to do with how low it was. Still dont understand why they still do that.

Thanks for that information. It goes a long way to explain why that crowd was so low. Some people are using that crowd as a benchmark for failure for your club and i'm happy that this information is now in the publiv domain as a counter to that negativity.

#37 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

Thanks for that information. It goes a long way to explain why that crowd was so low. Some people are using that crowd as a benchmark for failure for your club and i'm happy that this information is now in the publiv domain as a counter to that negativity.

Will it stop him though?

#38 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

I think, if my figures are correct, the Stags average league attendance so far is 384. Not sure how many can be put down to freebies - a fair few in the crowd against Oldham were kids who'd played in a mini festival beforehand for example- but I'd say that's pretty respectable for the first steps on the path to world domination. For the remainding games I'd expect the crowds against Hornets and Oxford to both be 300+ and for a bumper crowd for the El Classico against the Skolars.

#39 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

For the remainding games I'd expect the crowds against Hornets and Oxford to both be 300+ and for a bumper crowd for the El Classico against the Skolars.

When is that? Depending on the date, I might come along considering I am 30mins away.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#40 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Sunday August 18th

When is that? Depending on the date, I might come along considering I am 30mins away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users