Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sky Discrimination

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 brooza

brooza
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Hull FC home, St Helens away, Wigan home, Bradford home, Catalan away, Warrington home, Bradford away, St Helens home, Wigan Magic weekend, Hull FC away, Widnes home.

I was on holiday for the last 2 and one is happening tonight, which is why it didn't seem as many to me.

I'll not complain, as I've made a conscious decision not to go to many Leeds matches this year to save up for the RLWC, so the more televised matches the better! :laugh:

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#42 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Just watching a show on sky 1 which had an advert for sky sports summer schedule. See if you can guess which sport was not mentioned?

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#43 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Just watching a show on sky 1 which had an advert for sky sports summer schedule. See if you can guess which sport was not mentioned?

Just to be clear, was it the Elite League of speedway? Or was it the WWE that manages to draw an average of 150,000 viewers for a show that airs live at 1am?

#44 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

Saw an ad tonight for the Monday night game on Sky, nothing on Fridays game though but then again Friday is a settled spot with a settled audience.

#45 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

Just to be clear, was it the Elite League of speedway? Or was it the WWE that manages to draw an average of 150,000 viewers for a show that airs live at 1am?

No but then, Speedway is perfectly entitled to be mentioned too. As is American Wrestling. Why exclude them?

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#46 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

There's a thread about you, have you seen it?!

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#47 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

I'm plonking this here as it's not worth a new thread as it's i) sky, ii) Bulls relate and iii) league in strange places...

I saw an ad for a series starting on Thursday 4th July called Great Little Britons which features t'Bulls cheerleaders (and Yorkshire Brass Band Championship in Bradford).

edit: incorrect day

Edited by hindle xiii, 21 June 2013 - 08:54 AM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#48 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

I fancy the Brass Band one - if it's one a week and in the order they show - 25 July?

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#49 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

No but then, Speedway is perfectly entitled to be mentioned too. As is American Wrestling. Why exclude them?

Just to be clear, you think a trailer should list every single sport they will be airing over the summer?

Sky's seasonal trailers are, with the exception of bloody football, based around events and tournaments. They never include sports that are on every week because they anyone interested in those will already be subscribing and watching them, and because those will have separate trailers airing for their individual matches. While Sky strangely seem to have forgotten about the Friday matches, as Li0nhead said, they have been promoting the Monday ones quite regularly.

#50 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

There's a thread about you, have you seen it?!

Is there? No I've not, I seem to be missing some clarity then.

#51 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Is there? No I've not, I seem to be missing some clarity then.

Or was.

Perhaps it was Just to be cleared.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#52 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Or was.

Perhaps it was Just to be cleared.

And cleared to be just?