TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Paul Cooke

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

still the best British passer of a ball in RL and that includes SL, beat fev on his own last week and just giving a masterclass against swinton tonight on premier.

Posted Image

#2 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

cooke...is he that lad that played for donny against us a couple months back and did nothing all game but hide on the wing?

#3 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

ask any fev fans or watch the swinton game tonight, the guy is differant gravy.

Posted Image

#4 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

taking the p*ss steve but i do think your assessment of him is over the top. he wasn't much more than an average super league player during his time for mine but he does excel at this level when he wants

#5 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

the guy has no doubt underachieved in the game, considering his talent, mainly due to personal problems but i still beleive his partnership with Horne at Hull should have been the GB/ England half back for years to come.Too much money and agents talk moved him to HKR and maybe him and Dobson never gelled at half back, i tell you what  Leeds are on about a replacement half back in Jamie Soward, i know who id bring in if i were Gary Hetherington...

Posted Image

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

still the best British passer of a ball in RL and that includes SL, beat fev on his own last week and just giving a masterclass against swinton tonight on premier.

His long pass for a try tonight was about 3 yards forward.   He was on the 10 metre line when he passed it and the winger caught it about 3 yards from the line!!!!!       Where does he go for most of the matches?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

come on Keith he even beat your lot on his own at derwent park 3 week ago, i should know i backed worky...

Posted Image

#8 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

the guy has no doubt underachieved in the game, considering his talent, mainly due to personal problems but i still beleive his partnership with Horne at Hull should have been the GB/ England half back for years to come.Too much money and agents talk moved him to HKR and maybe him and Dobson never gelled at half back, i tell you what  Leeds are on about a replacement half back in Jamie Soward, i know who id bring in if i were Gary Hetherington...

danny grimshaw?

#9 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

also can't see Leeds being interested in soward on a 6 month deal, not really their style

#10 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Don't talk wet Steve. Broughy is head and shoulders above cooke!

#11 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Brough has improved big time , i,ll give you that daz but hes still more of a kicker imo - a very good one- but cooke,y just makes it all look ridiculously easy.On another point how Stefan Ratchford cant get in the England team is beyond me.

Posted Image

#12 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

danny grimshaw?

The Danny Grimshaw in this picture maybe but not at this moment in time wish it wasnt so mate
chappy

#13 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

The Danny Grimshaw in this picture maybe but not at this moment in time wish it wasnt so mate

How's Danny's injury doing Col?...............Best of luck for 2morro , (Sharlo)

#14 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

How's Danny's injury doing Col?...............Best of luck for 2morro , (Sharlo)

Thanks Rick Grimmer is coming along ok the physio is pleased with his rehab hopping on the damaged ankle so getting there hes so frustrated like a bear with a sore a-se. Looking forward to tomorrow hope Gordies got them ready to finish the 5 trophy run fingers crossed.
chappy

#15 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

come on Keith he even beat your lot on his own at derwent park 3 week ago, i should know i backed worky...

No argument there King, but he did go missing for long spells last night.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#16 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

ONION maybe

#17 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

Well, if we dont know the gameplan this week, we never will, in two words STOP COOKE

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users