Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Where do we go from here

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 ladndad

ladndad
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

Total loss of respect for the shirt

#2 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

Total loss of respect for the shirt

Are you surprised?

Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#3 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

Due to my working pattern I could not go tonight - I saw at one point the team pulled it back to within 4pts ( 14 -18) - so I was sorry to see the final score...........those of you that went - what is your opinion......?

#4 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

Starting with the defence I would suggest. Okay with the ball and terrible without. 6 time Doncaster had the ball in our half, six tries. Totally incapable of defending a set of six and so different from the start of the season. No player to blame, no player to praise. Just disappointed.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#5 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Effort was there from the lads, well the majority of them. We are just tactically inept, completely uncreative and unable to score from inside the oppositions 20 and lazy at marker position at key moments. Chambers obviously doesn't learn from his mistakes as he took smith off and yet again we instantly start shipping points only to bring him back on 10 mins later no doubt doing hulmes confidence the world of good. Not. No replacement for Ritchie on the bench so he had to play half of the match with one arm. All in all yet another ###### performance, just think of how longn it took us to get in this league only for us to throw it away with spineless cowing to Warringtons will. Yes John Kidd we know why you did it, to save yourself money and sod the future of the club, Steve McCormack must have known what you were up to, and being a principled man just walked away without letting people know the whole truth behind our shambles oh sorry club. And if you think for one minute we believe Chambers was the best candidate for the coaches job then you are more contemptible than we give you credit for, we may be mugs for turning up to watch that ###### week in week out but we aren't total mugs. Jog on the lot off you.:-(

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#6 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

I dont know what was more worrying the crowd or the performance. We looked miles better with Watson back in the side (in terms of shape) but our weak links a.k.a warringtons academy stood out something fierce. 

Disappointing to hear the same generic bull**** that used to come out of Paul Kidds mouth be repeated by Chambers. "we gave ourselves too much to do going 18 points behind..." well done Gary. How about an answer as to why this happened? Why it shouldnt have happened? Where we are going to go from here? Who is to blame?

Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#7 ladndad

ladndad
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

we only play in spells we are easy to read plenty effort but again we ship in easy trys .Too many players in week in week out no balance players out of position!!

#8 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'll answer that

It happened because we are garbage in defence.
It shouldn't have happened because allegedly in training we worked on that aspect of our game, although I find that impossible to believe.
From here we go down because the confidence has been ripped out if this team due to the way its run and coached.
Blame lies with the people who recruited the coach and the people presumably the coaching set up who recruited the team and train the players.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#9 ladndad

ladndad
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

The link with wire was set up to enhance what we had but it has had a adverse effect we are worse than what we were!!!

#10 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

Waiting for Marshy to come on  defending your relationship with Warrington.

COYD

#11 Tess

Tess
  • Coach
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

Where do we go from here? Definitely DOWN and probably out of business!
Not been to a match his season due to ill health but have supported 'from afar'.
I watched tonight's match on tv and was soooooo disappointed. Well done to the usual few , Hawkyards, Smiith, Watson , the rest don't seem to have any enthusiasm.
Talking about enthusiasm I listened to Gary Chambers interview at the end and he seems so laid back he's almost horizontal! Come on! We need enthusiasm , fighting spirit and commitment from the Coach. Unfortunately I saw none of this tonight.
I have always thought the Kidds and staff have done their best but I think there's something seriously wrong now. I have to agree with others who have written on here re the appointment of the coach and players. No wonder the crowd was so low tonight. What incentive is there to pay our money at the turnstiles?
Sad times at Swinton for us loyal fans. Not even a ground in Swinton to look forward to ( cos we're not stupid. We know that's never going to happen!).
What the heck is going on???????
Posted ImageScorecast Champion 2005!!

Come on You Lions!!

#12 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

As a Dons fan , we have had our dark days , hope you get your return to Swinton .

#13 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

YOU missed Morley, Briers & Wood badly.

#14 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Waiting for Marshy to come on defending your relationship with Warrington.

COYD

your a long way from Doncaster on here, but well done to your team a deserved win.
As I asked you on your forum please tell me the rules which Swinton broke.?

#15 Sniper Dennison

Sniper Dennison
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

All that effort and spirit that was built up by Steve Mac just 2 years ago that got us out of C1 has been diluted and has now evaporated, in just a few short months. Feel SO sorry for the likes of Watto, the Hawkyards, Smithy, Neil Holland, Martin Ainscough. Must leave a bitter taste :(

#16 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

Marshy I did reply Swinton have broke no rules , let me ask you are you happy with the Warrington relationship,

#17 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

I watched the game on tv and the defence was schoolboy in the extreme, the team looked devoid of ideas in how to defend, kevin penny's side step was class, watto played well in parts but obviously lack any pace these days, I now fear for the existence of our club. We need a change of regime and quick otherwise we will join the ranks of broughton rangers huyton and the like. As for DR even the commentators described swinton lions arrangement with warrington wolves as having "grey area's" as to whom is a swinton player and whom is a DR player.

Edited by juliancaine, 14 June 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#18 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

Did Mark Thomas get a game last night and how did he do if he did please?

#19 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

No mark thomas last night, mills, Hulme, bridge and James brown on the bench last night.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#20 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Waiting for your response Marshy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users