Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sam Tomkins is right imo.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,038 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

http://www.guardian....gue-antipodeans

#2 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

So he'll be staying over here then presumably? Wouldn't want to go to Oz and block the career of an up-and-coming aussie youngster, would we?

#3 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Or maybe there are still quite a few tickets left despite the 2 for 1 offer and he's trying to sell it as being fiery and personal?

Sky's and Super League's favourite media darling (for good reasons, he is very good when on TV) and star player wouldn't be keen to make a statement to the press just to gain publicity and help some tickets get sold now would he?

#4 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Or maybe there are still quite a few tickets left despite the 2 for 1 offer and he's trying to sell it as being fiery and personal?

Sky's and Super League's favourite media darling (for good reasons, he is very good when on TV) and star player wouldn't be keen to make a statement to the press just to gain publicity and help some tickets get sold now would he?

That's what it's all about.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#5 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

Well if they'd have been putting out these press releases a few weeks ago it may have built up the contest a bit more and driven others to make comments. Better late than never I suppose.
Posted Image

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

Might be a bit awkward when he i) plays alongside Chase, ii) goes back to Wigan.

You forrin. :rtfm:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

This is 2 years too late, these are the kind of comments you need in the build up to big games it creates intrest ,rivalry and bit of hatred hopefully going forward in future we'll see these comments made more often in the weeks building upto the games.

#8 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Wow, that article has got some depth.  :fie:  It took me ages to read it - wasn't able to get any work done! Couldn't they manage more than 3 paragraphs FFS?

#9 joe elliot

joe elliot
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

A big fight would get the fans going
waddell

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

I'm sure someone will take you up on your offer.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

what sam has said is only what fans have been saying for years,
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#12 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

Good spin from the RFL marketing department. That little incentive for the undecided.

#13 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Maybe if someone could sneak a knife on to the pitch and stab someone that would be even better.  After all if we want violence, why not go the whole hog?

#14 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

Wow, that article has got some depth.  :fie:  It took me ages to read it - wasn't able to get any work done! Couldn't they manage more than 3 paragraphs FFS?

Come on it is the Guardian, a paper which doesn't have a full time RL writer from about April until whenever it is the crickit season finishes these days.

#15 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

And he is right. Just be interesting when he's moved to the NRL and someone down there brings the comment up in a live TV interview!

I can think of a couple of overseas players at Saints, currently on top wedge, who are doing very nicely thank you for not a great deal of on field impact. It would be great to think they could be moved on and the money spent on British guys, especially those just breaking into the game who I reckon get bobbins for a salary.