Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Question Time from Scotland

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,696 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

Please please please please give them full unconditional and complete independence NOW. Anything that means we'll see no more of Robertson and his band of undemocratic swivel-eyed loonies must be good for all!

#2 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,967 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

I am with you on the first bit but have no idea what you are talking about on the second.

#3 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,696 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

Turns out Robertson is ENGLISH!

loonies such as the woman panellist who claimed 1 in 29 londoners is a dollar millionaire, the lad in the audience who claimed the English attack in the streets those Scots who live in England, and Robertson himself who denied the right of non,Scots to have a say.

#4 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

Robertson came out with a massive incorrect assertion that we armed the Taliban during the Soviet-Afghan War. Someone should point out the Taliban weren't in existence until arguably late-1993, but more likely 1994. I'd have thought an SNP MP would at least get his facts right and know history!

That said, I actually enjoyed the programme. I thought all panel members spoke reasonably well, Galloway included. He is bloody annoying though! :D

As for the audience, I thought as a whole (bar the two muppets!) they were very good, argued their points well and questioned the panellists with their own theories and thoughts.

Edited by GeordieSaint, 13 June 2013 - 10:49 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#5 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

I didn't see the programme. However, as I understand it

-  Hague has obtained EU approval to provide arms for Al Quaeda-backed terrorists to take on Assad in Syria.

- We went into Afghanistan to prevent the Islam fundamentalists from flooding the western world with heroin but, these days, allow the "friendly" Afghans to grow opium without problem or disruption.

You can't trust the word of the UK Foreign Office or the EU or the USA.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#6 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

- We went into Afghanistan to prevent the Islam fundamentalists from flooding the western world with heroin but, these days, allow the "friendly" Afghans to grow opium without problem or disruption.

That's not quite true either is it?!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#7 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,696 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

Robertson came out with a massive incorrect assertion that we armed the Taliban during the Soviet-Afghan War. Someone should point out the Taliban weren't in existence until arguably late-1993, but more likely 1994. I'd have thought an SNP MP would at least get his facts right and know history!

That said, I actually enjoyed the programme. I thought all panel members spoke reasonably well, Galloway included. He is bloody annoying though! :D

As for the audience, I thought as a whole (bar the two muppets!) they were very good, argued their points well and questioned the panellists with their own theories and thoughts.

Agreed. It seemed to me also how close Farage and Galloway were on a number of points!

#8 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,490 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

Please please please please give them full unconditional and complete independence NOW. Anything that means we'll see no more of Robertson and his band of undemocratic swivel-eyed loonies must be good for all!

Only someone with your brand of loony, swivel-eyed, undemocratic politics could watch an edition of Question Time featuring Anas Sarwar MP (Labour), Ruth Davidson MSP (Tories), George Galloway MP (Respect) and Nigel Farage (UKIP), and then come to the conclusion that Angus Robertson was the swivel-eyed loony!  :tongue:

And why single out his party as being undemocratic? Compared to the other parties, which seem to have very little internal democracy, at least the SNP allows its membership to debate and decide policy. Labour democratic, when their representative is actually an example of that rare breed: a hereditary MP? Tories democratic when the Scottish party's policies are dictated by central office in London? Respect and UKIP democratic? Really?  :shout: 

And, sorry, but we'll make our decision in our own time!

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#9 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,490 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

Turns out Robertson is ENGLISH!

loonies such as the woman panellist who claimed 1 in 29 londoners is a dollar millionaire, the lad in the audience who claimed the English attack in the streets those Scots who live in England, and Robertson himself who denied the right of non,Scots to have a say.

Robertson was born in England? So ****ing what? What has that got to do with him representing his constituents and Scotland?

There are two English members of the Scottish Government. There are 5 (or 6, I can't remember) English MSPs in Holyrood from the governing party. It doesn't stop them campaigning for Scottish independence or for the interests of Scotland. In fact, it origins are completely irrelevant. 

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#10 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

I read on the BBC last week that if full indenpendance was gained Scotland would still want the pensions benefit system for England Wales and NI still to be run from Scotland.

If the Scotch :) want indepence then please take it in its entirety. All this moaning about being ruled from Westminster etc its the same boat as the former industrial heartlands of Other parts of the Uk

#11 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,696 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

Robertson was born in England? So ****ing what? What has that got to do with him representing his constituents and Scotland?

There are two English members of the Scottish Government. There are 5 (or 6, I can't remember) English MSPs in Holyrood from the governing party. It doesn't stop them campaigning for Scottish independence or for the interests of Scotland. In fact, it origins are completely irrelevant.

Eh up... Jock's back from the pub! He so sozzled that he does not know how many English people share his ideal of a fully independent Scotland and the sooner the better.

Last nights question time Illustrate exactly why. The two advocates on the panel , plus Methven and his irrational sensitivity, wail endlessly about 'self determination' get this seriously...on a residential basis...not on a .nationality bass! And no one is allowed to criticise? That's SNP democracy for you!

They are no different from the thugs who attacked Farage on his Scottish visit.

#12 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

I agree with that but I do find it strange that people born in Scotland living elsewhere in the UK but consider themselves Scottish aren't allowed to vote.

#13 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

That's not quite true either is it?!

http://www.guardian....cord-opium-crop

#14 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

I agree with that but I do find it strange that people born in Scotland living elsewhere in the UK but consider themselves Scottish aren't allowed to vote.

To be fair anything other than using the electoral roll would be chaotic and expensive.  Though it does seem daft that a good percentage of voters will be English.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#15 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

http://www.guardian....cord-opium-crop

We didn't go into Afghanistan to stop the poppy growing.  Might of been a nice side effect to of happened, but it wasn't why we went there.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#16 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,288 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Only someone with your brand of loony, swivel-eyed, undemocratic politics could watch an edition of Question Time featuring Anas Sarwar MP (Labour), Ruth Davidson MSP (Tories), George Galloway MP (Respect) and Nigel Farage (UKIP), and then come to the conclusion that Angus Robertson was the swivel-eyed loony! :tongue:

And why single out his party as being undemocratic? Compared to the other parties, which seem to have very little internal democracy, at least the SNP allows its membership to debate and decide policy. Labour democratic, when their representative is actually an example of that rare breed: a hereditary MP? Tories democratic when the Scottish party's policies are dictated by central office in London? Respect and UKIP democratic? Really? :shout:

And, sorry, but we'll make our decision in our own time!

Here down in England we are sick of living on caviar whilst our Scottish slaves attend to our every whim after a damned good flogging and that's only in Gipton

I'm sick of hearing about the English this and the English that and how downtrodden the scots are

Personally I'd like to see an independent Shetland with stronger ties with Norway a country the islands have more in common with than Scotland

Why do snp politicians seem such smug sanctimonious bastards

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 14 June 2013 - 09:07 AM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#17 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

We didn't go into Afghanistan to stop the poppy growing.  Might of been a nice side effect to of happened, but it wasn't why we went there.

http://adventofdecep...ghan-opium-war/

'In the wake of the 2001 US bombing of Afghanistan, the British government of Tony Blair was entrusted by the G-8 Group of leading industrial nations to carry out a drug eradication program, which would, in theory, allow Afghan farmers to switch out of poppy cultivation into alternative crops. The British were working out of Kabul in close liaison with the US DEA’s “Operation Containment”. '

#18 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,967 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

And why single out his party as being undemocratic? Compared to the other parties, which seem to have very little internal democracy, at least the SNP allows its membership to debate and decide policy. Labour democratic, when their representative is actually an example of that rare breed: a hereditary MP? Tories democratic when the Scottish party's policies are dictated by central office in London?

There is no such thing as a "hereditary MP" - all MPs are elected and I can't see how the Tories are not democratic if their policies are decided across the UK. It is like arguing that the SNP aren't democratic because the Shetlanders don't set their own policies.

#19 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,967 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

I didn't see the programme. However, as I understand it

-  Hague has obtained EU approval to provide arms for Al Quaeda-backed terrorists to take on Assad in Syria.

I daresay (without watching it) that Gorgeous George came out with this. Galloway was a regular presenter (and probably still is) on Press TV the English language mouthpiece of the Iranian regime that sponsors both Hamas and Hezbollah. They also sponsor Assad.

Naturally it suits his paymasters to make out that the West is backing Al Qaeda against Assad. In fact the West would be backing the FSA, who are a pile of stinky poo but not Al Qaeda.

#20 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,967 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

Here down in England we are sick of living on caviar whilst our Scottish slaves attend to our every whim after a damned good flogging and that's only in Gipton

I'm sick of hearing about the English this and the English that and how downtrodden the scots are

Personally I'd like to see an independent Shetland with stronger ties with Norway a country the islands have more in common with than Scotland

Why do snp politicians seem such smug sanctimonious bastards

Indeed. It's Shetland's oil.

http://www.shetlandt...s-wir-oil-claim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users