Question Time from Scotland

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Back on topic though... all the debates on Question Time last night about Scotland's independence were based on half-truths at best on both sides backed up by self-righteous ranting.  If anyone wanted to hear any of the real facts then that programme would have just sent them entirely the wrong way.

Isn't that basically any topic on any edition of Question Time these days?

Russell Brand is on the panel next week. JohnM will be thrilled!

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#42 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,171 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Everything that's wrong with Question Time in one graph

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#43 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,163 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

why are Farage and Galloway not included in the class "comedians"?  

but now the Scottish Greens (isn't that oxymoron?) are't happy. see http://newsnetscotla...r-question-time

I really enjoyed QT last night. The most logical panel member was in my view Galloway. I also liked the confidence, certainty and untainted idealism of the young audience, and especially the way that Dimbleby controls the panel. 

Ultimately, though, the comedy duo of Angus Robertson and  the harpie Leslie Riddock will look back at the show and realise how much harm they did to Scotland's legitimate quest for independence with their bizarre arguments and stupid assertions.

If that's the best they can do, their already slim hopes are doomed, which is a shame, as England, Wales, Northern Ireland, The Isle of Man, the Isle of Lucy, Rockall, sod all and ###### all have so much to gain from the Jocks clearing off for once and for all...especially if they were to take that no-mark Russell Brand with them!

#44 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,121 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

why are Farage and Galloway not included in the class "comedians"?
but now the Scottish Greens (isn't that oxymoron?) are't happy. see http://newsnetscotla...r-question-time

I really enjoyed QT last night. The most logical panel member was in my view Galloway. I also liked the confidence, certainty and untainted idealism of the young audience, and especially the way that Dimbleby controls the panel.

Ultimately, though, the comedy duo of Angus Robertson and the harpie Leslie Riddock will look back at the show and realise how much harm they did to Scotland's legitimate quest for independence with their bizarre arguments and stupid assertions.

If that's the best they can do, their already slim hopes are doomed, which is a shame, as England, Wales, Northern Ireland, The Isle of Man, the Isle of Lucy, Rockall, sod all and ###### all have so much to gain from the Jocks clearing off for once and for all...especially if they were to take that no-mark Russell Brand with them!

I thought Galloway was restrained and rational last night
I also thought that farage whom I detest had a point regarding the way he was treated and the snp's attitude to that.
The snp guy and the woman in the white hair were a disgrace.
My eyes now automatically gaze at the ceiling when I hear the phrase "in an independent Scotland"
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#45 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Everything that's wrong with Question Time in one graph

Unfortunately scientists won't give the pithy soundbite nor the rage inducing non-answering of questions. Plus, unless the subject is in the field of their speciality they could well be as annoying/bigotted/mysoginistic as the person sitting next to them.

#46 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,171 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

Unfortunately scientists won't give the pithy soundbite nor the rage inducing non-answering of questions. Plus, unless the subject is in the field of their speciality they could well be as annoying/bigotted/mysoginistic as the person sitting next to them.

That latter point is definitely true. Hopefully it might mean they'd have at least one area of actual knowledge though which would put them well ahead of a lot of QT guests.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#47 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,163 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

it's not just about knowledge...its about process, logic etc....

#48 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,876 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

I actually think Dimbleby makes QT pretty much unwatchable.

As for the point about half truths, unfortunately as somebody who will be voting in the referendum the debates drive me mad. This is a very important vote and as usual the discussions are just petty bickering with people refusing to answer normal questions that are important to normal people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users