• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

Or is it the South Yorkshire Final?

Hard line Dews.  Ashton is a canny coach and is good at turning games around after half time.  Good luck for the rest of the season (unless we meet again of course).

Come on the Rams! The heavy woolen final is written in the stars ;o)

#42 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hard line Dews.  Ashton is a canny coach and is good at turning games around after half time.

Yet people still don't know his name.....

I often wonder what he says at half time and why he didn't say it before the start of the game.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#43 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

Dont be mislead by the score or the fact we didn't score in the second half.

I thought we played quite well tonight and showed real guts and determination. For large parts of the game we were a match for the Eagles and some of their fans I spoke to at HT were quite worried. They must have had a hell of a bollocking at  the way they started the second half though.

Some good performances namely Morton (again), Scott (played Yere quite well), Aizue (MOM for me), Heppy and O'Brien.  Slightly concerned Lilycrop flies out of the line missing tackles and leaving quite big gaps, but the lads learning.

Bentley did OK for a first game and Tonks comng back.

They will know they've been in a game tomorrow, quite a few went down injured and were stretching quite a bit near the end.

With all the injuries, the team pulled together and gave them a scare. A little matter of Fax next but then we can beat them at home !!

GM struggling to scrape 17 players together for the match, players being sent out carrying injuries ( eg pryce ) but still refusing to give fit and available players like Coleman, Craven, Akaidere and Beckett the chance to break back into the team - very sad. Use 'em or lose 'em Glenn. :resent:  

#44 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Ouch, you've caught this senile old blighter out.  Unless, of course, he belongs to the line of the Ashton family that doesn't know how to spell its' own name.

Yet people still don't know his name.....

I often wonder what he says at half time and why he didn't say it before the start of the game.

#45 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Ouch, you've caught this senile old blighter out.  Unless, of course, he belongs to the line of the Ashton family that doesn't know how to spell its own name.

Common error pal.

#46 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

We have played them three times and got closer to them each time,next time we will be even closer but lose again,but get them in the play off,beat them when it matters .

#47 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

We have played them three times and got closer to them each time,next time we will be even closer but lose again,but get them in the play off,beat them when it matters .

Yep, that's what we did to Halifax.

You only need to play well in September.

#48 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

Well played Rams, now do us a favour beat Fax !!!

#49 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

Not convinced i will live long enough to see us beat Sheffield........Even when we had a half decent team and they were mid table they seemed to beat us................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users