436 replies to this topic

#401 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

I've thought about them.

They're ludicrous.

A long time ago I paid £10 to register on this forum, what I paid for was reasoned debate and discussion, often with people with opposing views but usually in a spirit of tolerance and good humour.

What I appear to have ended up at is an all you can eat buffet of drivel, invective and bile.

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#402 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

having looked at lots of recent posts , the thought that if a deranged animal was loose on the streets it would be killed on sight is an instant re action, if humans want to act like deranged animals they should get the same treatment

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#403 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,569 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

I've thought about them.
They're ludicrous.

A long time ago I paid £10 to register on this forum, what I paid for was reasoned debate and discussion, often with people with opposing views but usually in a spirit of tolerance and good humour.

What I appear to have ended up at is an all you can eat buffet of drivel, invective and bile.

You seem to direct more bile towards people who disagree with you than the actual murderers. Strange view imo, especially given nobody has been abusive.

#404 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,730 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

You seem to direct more bile towards people who disagree with you than the actual murderers. Strange view imo, especially given nobody has been abusive.

Mate that's just silly
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#405 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,569 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Mate that's just silly

No more silly than Shadows rant. There have been differing opinions but no abuse (iirc) so why the need for the am-dram stuff?

#406 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,730 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

No more silly than Shadows rant. There have been differing opinions but no abuse (iirc) so why the need for the am-dram stuff?

No john
He's just as horrified about murder as you are
Do you think that because someone doesn't agree with the death penalty they think its ok for folk to murder people
The people who don't agree with the death penalty have been shown a lot if disrespect on this thread
Keeping it local

#407 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

Nice to see that you have resorted to type. You have been slagging me off for not coming up with evidence, so please guide me to the raft of analysis and considered opinion that you have contributed. In fact, don't bother, because you haven't come up with any. Your sole purpose in this thread has been to have a pop at people because you don't agree with them. That isn't a debate.

Just answer one question. Of all the murderers that have been released and murdered again, how many of their victims would probably still be alive now if they had received the death sentence?

It's not just about punishment. It's about protecting the rest of society from these scumbags.

You need to go and have a lie down.

In common with many others I have referenced the many miscarriages of justice that have occurred in recent times that would potentially have led to the wrongful execution of an innocent man, on this and other threads we have seen references to studies showing a higher overall murder rate for states and areas that have the death penalty compared to those that don't.

It has been shown time and time again that the death penalty is no deterrent, leads to a higher murder rate and has the potential to kill the wrong person and yet you still have this fixation with killing people while claiming it is to "protect society from these scumbags".

I'll answer your question about Of all the murderers that have been released and murdered again, how many of their victims would probably still be alive now if they had received the death sentence?

Exactly the same number as if we'd not released them early.

Guess which idea eliminates the chance of wrongful execution.

Edited by Shadow, 10 August 2013 - 07:50 AM.

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#408 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,569 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

I will ask again, why is the state killing an innocent person worse than the state releasing many more murderers to kill innocent people?

Utterly genuine question because I don't understand.

#409 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

IMO it would require a very strong argument backed up with evidence that shows reintroducing the death penalty would be beneficial to society as a whole in order to win me over. Nothing in this thread has made me change my mind.
Fides invicta triumphat

#410 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,730 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

Nice to see that you have resorted to type. You have been slagging me off for not coming up with evidence, so please guide me to the raft of analysis and considered opinion that you have contributed. In fact, don't bother, because you haven't come up with any. Your sole purpose in this thread has been to have a pop at people because you don't agree with them. That isn't a debate.

Just answer one question. Of all the murderers that have been released and murdered again, how many of their victims would probably still be alive now if they had received the death sentence?

It's not just about punishment. It's about protecting the rest of society from these scumbags.

You need to go and have a lie down.

I've had a pop at no one
Just the opposite

I'd still be mildly interested to know what your other/ previous username is/was
Keeping it local

#411 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,730 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

I will ask again, why is the state killing an innocent person worse than the state releasing many more murderers to kill innocent people?

Utterly genuine question because I don't understand.

Because the state doesn't decide to murder the person: the murderer does

I think the concern about people who have committed murder being released to do so again is shared by everyone and on any case doesn't really relate to the death penalty, rather the decision making of people and the workings of the system.
Keeping it local

#412 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,569 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

If those people released to murder again had beenexecuted, they wouldn't be able to kill innocent people.
And surely the argument is all about innocent people being killed.

#413 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,769 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

#414 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,569 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

So to sum up, people killed by the state are worth throwing our hands up and being horrified about as they might be innocent but innocent people killed by state released murderers are just unfortunate and a bit unlucky. Anyone disagreeing is a raving lunatic.
Got it.

#415 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,769 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

is the reason for supporting the death penalty because supporters believe it willl reduce the number of killings?

#416 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,569 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

is the reason for supporting the death penalty because supporters believe it willl reduce the number of killings?

No it might not but that is not my argument. I believe there are certain people who commit crimes so heinous that it is justified to make them forfeit their own life. I think it can and possibly should be used in these circumstances. This would amount to a person every decade perhaps, and by no means equates to an automatic death sentence

#417 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,730 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

[quote name="Franksy" post="2765451" timestamp="1376219078"]
Why on Earth would you think that my comment was intended for you?

I don't care how interested you are.[/quote at last you've got soebody interested in what you have to say
It's been long wait
You should be chuffed

What was your other username again?

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 11 August 2013 - 02:42 PM.

Keeping it local

#418 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,730 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

Anyway
This brings us to the nuts and bts or rather the wood nails and rope of the matter

What method should be used?

What about public executions? The commercial possibilities and therefore the benefits to the economy could be huge
Keeping it local

#419 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,730 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

Any maybe to counter that we could have the funerals of those killed by convicted murderers on the Sky Innocent People Funeral Channel?

Good idea

But they would never happen since all thise found guilty of murrdr would be executed: do try to keep up.
Keeping it local

#420 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,730 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Oh dear, you are much too quick for me. However, I think you have now got your threads mixed up.

Why don't you slow down your super fast intellect, and give us slower people the chance to catch up?

Both deal with the death penalty and issues regarding re offending by convicted murderers are discussed in both
Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users