TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

haven away

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

Is this game deffo a 12 kick off ? Does anyone know if there are any trains running that morning ? normally on a Sunday there isn't, but with the jam fest being on I would have thought there might be one on.

The kick off time and the problems getting into the town will certainly keep the crowd down, did haven actually request the game to be played on the day of the festival ? They want their ***** kicked, I predict 1200 (if the weathers good).

Looks like it could be breakfast in spoons with all the plonkies :tongue:

#2 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

That's the date it came out on the fixture list and the police requested the early kick off.

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

get on the red house bus.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

Did the police request it? Thought it was more to do with Haven not wanting a clash with the afternoon concerts? Not sure about the trains. There will be a couple of supporters buses running. more if there's demand I'm sure. There is usually a park and ride running from the college at Lillyhall which could be an option? I know one thing, they could be playing on the moon at 3 in the morning and I would be there!!

#5 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

I don't know why they didn't change this to Friday evening, such a stupid time to play it.

#6 kh80

kh80
  • Facebook
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

there are trains running on the 23rd just been on northern rail website. leaving workington at 10 and 11 in morning 

#7 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

Did the police request it? Thought it was more to do with Haven not wanting a clash with the afternoon concerts? Not sure about the trains. There will be a couple of supporters buses running. more if there's demand I'm sure. There is usually a park and ride running from the college at Lillyhall which could be an option? I know one thing, they could be playing on the moon at 3 in the morning and I would be there!!

concerts on sunday start at one marra so it does clash my lass wants me to go concert with her told her nee chance shes not happy bout it but thats life should have been switched to fri night better for everyone but sunday will still be a jolly good #### up hope its our turn at last

#8 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

concerts on sunday start at one marra so it does clash my lass wants me to go concert with her told her nee chance shes not happy bout it but thats life should have been switched to fri night better for everyone but sunday will still be a jolly good #### up hope its our turn at last

#9 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

#10 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

There's hell on in the back waters of Whitehaven the chavs are up in arms,apparently they didn't know there was two 12oclocks in one day!!!
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#11 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Heard you the first time pal. :-)
Yeah Fri night would have been best and a good way to start the festival weekend.

#12 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

Heard you the first time pal. :-)
Yeah Fri night would have been best and a good way to start the festival weekend.

they didnt want to put a dampner on the weekendwith a haven defeat righr at the start of it.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

there are trains running on the 23rd just been on northern rail website. leaving workington at 10 and 11 in morning 

Just checked the timetables and under their Sunday service the first train to Whitehaven is 15.49 hrs (ten to 4 in the afternoon) and the return train is 20.28 hrs (half past 8 at night).   So the trains are out of the question, and the park and ride from Lillyhall.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

there is trains nxt sunday 10am & 11am especially for the festival

#15 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

Yes, thanks TTID I've just found it.    

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#16 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

What about coming back? Or are we just gonna stay through and wreck the spot?........... Oh wait, someones beat us to it!

#17 Tallow

Tallow
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

Trains returning at 4.28, 4.58 and 6.00 PM

#18 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

Perfect times really. Out of the ground, drinks, festival, general wander about . . More drinks (well we will be celebrating) . . then train back to Workington. Simples!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users