Askam 36-10 Normy

Brow 18-16 skirlaugh

Peterlee 4-66 kells

#8 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

Not a bad effort from Peterlee seeing as Kells put ninety points on their last opponents.

rldfsignature.jpg

#9 west is best

west is best
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

West hull 28 4 ince rose the green n golds did what they had to do but ince are a poor side

#10 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

Going by the league positions there looks to be a few shock results, I guess it all depends on what team you put out and how they play on the day.

#11 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

West hull 28 4 ince rose the green n golds did what they had to do but ince are a poor side

Ince are a poor side I watched myton against them last week, quick question did their go in the club house after the game???

#12 west is best

west is best
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Not sure mate as i left straight after the game but yeah i agree they are a very poor side

#13 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

Leigh Miners 50 v 22 East Hull

Leigh Miners picked up an important two points yesterday afternoon when they beat East Hull 50-22 at Twist Lane, Miners started the game fast looking to put last weekend’s disappointing result at Thatto behind them and they were on the scoreboard after about five minutes when winger John Woods scored out on the right in his first game back from injury, Jonny Youds converting to give the score 6-0. Miners were in again from the restart when they worked their way up field and second rower Danny Jackson finished off a good team try at the side of the sticks, Youds adding the extras to increase the lead to 12-0. Chris Lyth got Easts back in the game on twenty minutes scoring from close range, Carl Puckering converting to make the score 12-6. John Woods scored his second of the game to open the gap back up to twelve points followed by a good solo try from Captain Scott O'Brien, Youds converting both tries to give Miners a well deserved 24-6 half time lead.

Miners continued from where they left off at the start of the second half when Jonny Youds found left winger Andrew Hodson with a bullet of a pass to score in the corner, Youds converting off the touchline to give the score 30-6. The visitors were reduced to twelve men soon after when Lee Brown was sin binned for decent, Miners made full advantage of the extra man with Adam Thomason scoring the sixth home try to make the score 34-6. With it looking like Miners would win the game comfortably they started to go away from what they was doing well forcing needless passes and turning the ball over to easily, these errors invited East Hull back into the game and when Matty Brooks darted over from a quick tap, the visitors got a sniff scoring two more tries in the next ten minutes to make the score 34-22 with just short of twenty minutes remaining. Miners eventually stopped Easts momentum and it was them who finished the game the stronger, running in three tries in the last ten minutes the first coming from Andrew Hodson who grabbed his second from another Youds pass, Hodson was also involved in the next try when he broke down the left to send in Scott O'Brien to race in under the posts for his second, Steven Marsh adding the extras to make it 44-22. East Hull were reduced to eleven men late on after they had two players sent off for dissent as their frustrations with the referee boiled over, Adam Thomason was last to score for Miners as he also grabbed his second in the right corner, Marsh converting off the touchline to give the final score 50-22.

Next week Miners are at home to Ince Rose Bridge.

MINERS TEAM - Jonny Youds, John Woods, Sean McDonald, Adam Thomason, Andrew Hodson, Steven Marsh, Scott O'Brien, Gary Gittins, Tom Farrimond, Darryl Kay, Liam Coleman, Danny Jackson, Danny Jones SUBS = Tony Doyle, Jimmy Muir, Todd Jonny Carroll, Luke Murfin

MINERS MOM -Scott O'Brien

#14 hull reporter

hull reporter
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

Looks like east hull lost the plot after reading that heard lee brown was yellow and red very surprised with that gonna watch east v Myton this week massive game for both myton got a few wins together now

#15 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

Lee brown never been sent off in his full career says it all about that performance from a referee disgrace!!!

#16 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

Every player starts off with never being sent of in his career................. until the first time, it says nothing about the referee's performance.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#17 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

Not sure mate as i left straight after the game but yeah i agree they are a very poor side

just heard last week when they played myton they refused to go in club house and used local pub down the road.

#18 hull reporter

hull reporter
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Every player starts off with never being sent of in his career................. until the first time, it says nothing about the referee's performance.

. Doesn't mean some players deserve to get sent off or should do in their careers the reffing standard what I've seen this year isn't to good alot don't use their touch judges and get alot of decisions wrong which can frustrate teams

#19 chisholm 2

chisholm 2
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

just heard last week when they played myton they refused to go in club house and used local pub down the road.

Not true IRB went in to the Myton club and enjoyed the post match presentations, they then visited a friend around the corner in his  pub  to enjoy more hospitality. I was the last person from our club to leave with one of the Myton sponsors. At that time there was perhaps 6 or 7 Myton  players remaining. We always enjoy post and pre match hospitality and I am sure other clubs will confirm this.

#20 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

Ince Rose Bridge stopped at West Hull after the game on saturday and were still there after i left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users