Disturbing info

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

I have just heard from a very reliable source factual source that a cheque for £300.00 given to a weekly lottery winner has been dishonoured by the bank on four occasions and the winner a long time supporter of the club is annoyed and upset as are the family.

If true and I have no reason whatever to doubt the source then its not an acceptable state of affairs and in any lottery situation should not arise.

If it was me I would be asking for a letter of apology and payment in cash.

#2 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

Have they spoken to the Club? that would be my first port of call. There might be a simple explanation.

#3 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

Following my post I did as you suggested Tosh and asked my source if the winner had in fact contacted the club. I was informed that they did this when they found out the cheque had bounced the first time. The person they spoke to apologised on behalf of the club and informed them CH would contact them. Since the telephone call the cheque as been presented a further three times and not only as it as bounced on each occasion no one from the club has contacted them about it.

The winner and her son are still in the lottery and have continued to do so since this situation arose.

The club does not deserve supporters like this if they act in such a despicable manner.

#4 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

I know of another supporter who is still waiting for their cheque to even arrive.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 CONNERS10

CONNERS10
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

just to clarify things the cheque was issued on the 6th of April and the bank had tried to put it in to my mothers account on 4 occasions and in the end they have sent the cheque back to her she did report this after the first time it bounced and was told sorry by orlfc and that ch would phone her to apologize and she is still waiting for this to happen and also still awaiting her winnings but she and myself have paid the lottery up to date and will continue doing so but for how much longer that's up to ch

#6 higgy

higgy
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

just to clarify things the cheque was issued on the 6th of April and the bank had tried to put it in to my mothers account on 4 occasions and in the end they have sent the cheque back to her she did report this after the first time it bounced and was told sorry by orlfc and that ch would phone her to apologize and she is still waiting for this to happen and also still awaiting her winnings but she and myself have paid the lottery up to date and will continue doing so but for how much longer that's up to ch

Sorry, I admire your loyalty but this should be published in the Chronicle its is disgraceful.

#7 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for your reply Harry and others. And I have to agree things look very serious,  I like others thought that Lottery money was Lottery money and would be honored. I have no special access to the club but will asked Chris and others the direct questions when I see them. Their replies hopefully will be   posted soon. I suggest if other fans see Chris or club officials before me to ask direct questions also. If the club is so desperate for £300 then Lord help us if the win bonuses continue and Players wages are not paid. I really hope things are not that desperate!

#8 rocksinthehead

rocksinthehead
  • Coach
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

If it's so big of an issue do a face to face with the club and come back with your fiindings
are we human or are we dancers

#9 exrlref

exrlref
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

This is nothing new with the club. Well over two years ago I had a face to face with CH about the none payment of the lottery jackpot that was not being paid out, and the situation about the ground improvements that kept being promised but nothing happening.Result from the face to face -nothing,no action no explanation as to where the money was going or the ground. since that day I have not paid one penny to the club nor have I been to a match although I still have a soft spot for ORLFC. I think you are now seeing once again the true colours of CH. People continue to pay him but you never get to the truth of things. I hope the person concerned does get their money but I don't think I would still be paying into that sort of set up.I wish you luck.

#10 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

Mmmmm.......the world's three greatest lies :-
1. The cheque's in the post
2&3. Too rude for this forum
Does anyone know what is happening at this once proud club ?

#11 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

Absolutely disgusting

#12 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

The Club need to comment on this as it's their reputation at stake. After two very entertaining games Wales x2 I was going to post tonight to encourage more supporters to return. But this makes that kind of approach very difficult.CH has always said the club pays it's debts and pays the players. On the pitch we are improving. Lets do the same off it.

Poor show.

One for all and all for the one

#13 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Just thinking, I think there is a charge every time a cheque bounces, circa £15. So before long the winnings will have gone before they have arrived.

One for all and all for the one

#14 winedrinkerme

winedrinkerme
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Do what I did when my lottery check bounced 2 years back i reported back to my lottery agent and asked if I could be paid in cash and to my surprise I got cash I did give some back for a season ticket though but its worrying how many people its happened to I wonder how many people have not known  that they won

#15 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

Mr Hamiltons only hope now is that the club starts doing it on the field  regardless of the situation with the club.However we all by now realise that things are not right at this club.Seems as though any progress made on the field tends to be undermined by things like this.You want to get behind the players,you want the club to do well but something is always going to crop up with this regime.You just know it.

My line in the sand was at Whiteaven last year.I was first taken to a match in 64 so 2014 might have been my 50th season.I just found it impossible to get behind a team knowing full well that I was not actually supporting the team but the owner of the company running the team.

And now ,Right when you say to yourself ,these lads are doing okay,they are trying ,lets start going again.Lets give the regime the benefit of the doubt.....Yet again discouraged and asking yet again what would happen to that money I put through the turnstile.

There are plenty like me.Some use the term keyboard warriors and tell us to get behind the team.

I would love the opportunity to do so.I do not think the current regime gives me that.Worse still boucning cheques to lottery winners is bordering on fraud.If the people running it do not put the payout money to one side and use the proceeds as they should after payout how In gods name can you rely on those people to use the turnstile monies in the appropriate manner.

#16 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

It is frustrating to read that long term supporters are not getting the prize money that they are quite rightly owed.
I'm not defending CH at all on the way this has been handled, if there is no money in the pot to pay out, then he needs to be arranging other methods of paying the winners,ie, Shirts, corporate match day etc.
The sad fact is that the club has no money, but it doesn't help its self in the way of marketing.What is needed are more supporters to come back, who are staying away solely on the excuse being anti Hamilton or anti Whitebank. The team are making massive improvements on the field, and deserve the support we give them. Two weeks on the trot now they have been given standing ovations at the end of the game. More supporters will give the club more money, and hopefully situations like this will improve.

#17 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

In regard to the lottery why is the club still advertising the 5 Alive lottery along with the weekly lottery. The 5 Alive finished at around two years ago and I don't think any draw or anything as taken place. Are there any people still paying to this by direct debit as used to happen.

All monies collected from its members should be ring fenced until all winners have been paid out and should not be used until they have.

The team are playing well the coaching staff are doing a great job but the club is being badly let down by the way it is managed.

#18 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

It is frustrating to read that long term supporters are not getting the prize money that they are quite rightly owed.
I'm not defending CH at all on the way this has been handled, if there is no money in the pot to pay out, then he needs to be arranging other methods of paying the winners,ie, Shirts, corporate match day etc.
The sad fact is that the club has no money, but it doesn't help its self in the way of marketing.What is needed are more supporters to come back, who are staying away solely on the excuse being anti Hamilton or anti Whitebank. The team are making massive improvements on the field, and deserve the support we give them. Two weeks on the trot now they have been given standing ovations at the end of the game. More supporters will give the club more money, and hopefully situations like this will improve.

If reported to the gambling commission, they could revoke the operating license. I thought the monies raised from the lottery were administered completely separately from the club?

#19 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

If reported to the gambling commission, they could revoke the operating license. I thought the monies raised from the lottery were administered completely separately from the club?

It's also a criminal offence to issue a cheque knowing there is insufficient funds to cover it.

Edited by allroughyed, 17 June 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#20 Raff

Raff
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

Like Andykenny,I first went to watch Oldham in 1964,aged 8.In those days,we supported the club first and foremost,more so than the team :players came and went (just changed the names on my rattle!!)Even when the club let go great players like Kevin Taylor,Martin Murphy and Terry Flan,you still believed that it was better for the club,that the club acted with integrity.This level of (let`s call it ) TRUST is NIL and it will not come back while CH has any dealings with the club.CH`s lack of managerial competence is literally unbelievable as is his `care` for his customers.
So,I`m like Harry,Andy,exref : a stayaway.Yes,I`m interested in how the team does but am not supporting the club as owned by CH.The worst thing is that the longer stayaways stay away,the more not going becomes a habit and you find other things to do.So,while I appreciate all the hard work being put in by the players,I don`t share the optimism voiced by some others : I think that better performances on the field won`t result in a big increase in attendances -it`ll be marginal at best.
Some time ago,there were calls for the `negative` people to stop posting on the Forum : I can understand that and this is my first mail since.However,this present example of treatment of loyalty from CH is crass,immoral and totally devoid of any feeling for supporters.As johninoz says : what`s happening to a once proud club ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users