Disturbing info

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Curly Wurly

Curly Wurly
  • Coach
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

Like Andykenny,I first went to watch Oldham in 1964,aged 8.In those days,we supported the club first and foremost,more so than the team :players came and went (just changed the names on my rattle!!)Even when the club let go great players like Kevin Taylor,Martin Murphy and Terry Flan,you still believed that it was better for the club,that the club acted with integrity.This level of (let`s call it ) TRUST is NIL and it will not come back while CH has any dealings with the club.CH`s lack of managerial competence is literally unbelievable as is his `care` for his customers.
So,I`m like Harry,Andy,exref : a stayaway.Yes,I`m interested in how the team does but am not supporting the club as owned by CH.The worst thing is that the longer stayaways stay away,the more not going becomes a habit and you find other things to do.So,while I appreciate all the hard work being put in by the players,I don`t share the optimism voiced by some others : I think that better performances on the field won`t result in a big increase in attendances -it`ll be marginal at best.
Some time ago,there were calls for the `negative` people to stop posting on the Forum : I can understand that and this is my first mail since.However,this present example of treatment of loyalty from CH is crass,immoral and totally devoid of any feeling for supporters.As johninoz says : what`s happening to a once proud club ?

Same here Raff and well said. :-)

Still a Roughyed despite what some people might say!!!

#22 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Allroughyed, Why would anyone want other ways of paying eg shirt, hospitality? If the club can't pay the winnings they advertise they shouldn't be operating it.

The club has no money because of 1 thing...rank poor management and this bouncing cheque fiasco x 4 has taken the clubs image to the lowest of the lows.

If I was on the receiving end of this I'd hang CH out to dry in the Chron.

#23 Steve the Roughyed

Steve the Roughyed
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

Well said Raff.  I wish the people on here who criticise the "stayaways", as they like to call us, would realise that their attitude to people who care deeply about ORLFC but are totally disillusioned with many things in RL is simply putting us off coming back.  I have posted before about the nature of the league structure and how the lack of a home/away on alternate weeks gets you out of a routine.  The fact that there are only 16 games in a league season spread over 5 months is pretty pathetic.  That works out at 8 home games spread over 20 weeks.  Is it any wonder we aren't in a routine of coming down to the field at Whitebank?

Please note I have not posted any comment about CH or the coaching staff or the loyal fans still attending and I applaud their efforts along with the players who are doing well after a disastrous start.  It is also very commendable that the under 20s team is being run but at the end of the day two questions need to be asked.  Would we be allowed into the championship even if we finished top? - and-  Is the under 20s team  basically producing players for other clubs?

#24 RoytonRoughyed

RoytonRoughyed
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

The way the club is run is nothing more than a disgrace. Unfortunately its fans would rather walk away than fight for it.

#25 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

I believe the problem has now been solved, unless someone knows differently. Sad that it happened in the first place.

#26 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

As you say Tosh it should not have happened in the first place.

Now its been solved we should all be happy especially as CH has now said that we have all got the feel good factor.

#27 old bird

old bird
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

Allroughyed, Why would anyone want other ways of paying eg shirt, hospitality? If the club can't pay the winnings they advertise they shouldn't be operating it.
The club has no money because of 1 thing...rank poor management and this bouncing cheque fiasco x 4 has taken the clubs image to the lowest of the lows.
If I was on the receiving end of this I'd hang CH out to dry in the Chron.

I agree we paid £30 a head to sponsor game 2 years ago expecting food and full hospitality when he saw us CH said no free bar for these just food £30 for game worth £10 and food worth £5 why would we come back

We have never been back the man is an idiot holding the club back because of his own insecure issues

#28 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

I agree we paid £30 a head to sponsor game 2 years ago expecting food and full hospitality when he saw us CH said no free bar for these just food £30 for game worth £10 and food worth £5 why would we come back

We have never been back the man is an idiot holding the club back because of his own insecure issues

I am no CH fan, but for £30 what do you expect all inclusive? You don't say if others in attendance were getting free drinks, nor if you challenged CH for his alledged comment when he saw you?

We have attended the hospitality many times and always found it value for money but never expected a free bar?

#29 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

I've found the hospitality great considering what they have to work with. The food is better than anything else I have experienced in Championship 1 and for £30 I would not expect Free drinks as well as food and admission. 

#30 old bird

old bird
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

[quote name="TOSH1960" post="2739237" timestamp="1373015127"]I've found the hospitality great considering what they have to work with. The food is better than anything else I have experienced in Championship 1 and for £30 I would not expect Free drinks as well as food and admission.

Your own comment "considering what they have to work with." says all why would business / company want to spend money and invest in a club with poor facility's

Correct for £30 pound I shouldn't expect free drinks but for £50 I could go to Wigan or Huddersfield and get bite to eat before game and seat ticket and access to bar after game to mix with players

If you are only marking it against other championship 1 teams then its shows you are happy with oldham playing at this level of rugby

#31 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

I have supported Oldham at every level of Rugby and dream of them back in Super League. They have limited money and facilities. We all can choose to take our money where we want to but I support Oldham in good times and bad.

#32 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

I have supported Oldham at every level of Rugby and dream of them back in Super League. They have limited money and facilities. We all can choose to take our money where we want to but I support Oldham in good times and bad.

Good for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users