Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Is this forum dying,

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 ralph2

ralph2
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

No posts all today, has everybody gone to facebook, or is it because we've no game.

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

No posts all today, has everybody gone to facebook, or is it because we've no game.

They would rather argue amongst themselves on the Fev Facebook page, were they can get away with verbal abuse, filthy language and character assassination, than come on here for a good debate or discussion.. Posts get lost especially on game day when the world and his uncle all want to keep updating their status every time the score changes.
A few of the faithfuls still post on here,especially the ones who do not have Facebook, it's very sad really :-(((

Edited by Maureen T-k, 15 June 2013 - 11:26 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#3 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

l

Edited by parko1370, 16 June 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#4 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Dying no dead yes
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#5 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Almost all on facebook nowadays. I kind of miss this forum how it was but it was ruined by one or two individuals for me.
There doesn't appear to be a "half way house"... e.g a forum that moderates good debate but where I can choose who to interact with and/or exclude those I don't wish to include in my topic/status.
I use both. Facebook has it problems but I guess on balance most prefer it for all things fev.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#6 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

should we make a concerted effort to keep it going.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#7 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

I do me best owd un!

#8 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Yes we should!!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#9 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

As a person who won't use FB, I find I have to use new innovative ways of getting around the swear filter on here. I feel it is dying which is a shame, as I started going again because of this forum, I have had great information from it and met some very good people through it whom I will remain friends with. Just wish wish we could use Txt Spk.

#10 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

It is a shame that most folk are now on FB and that this forum is moribund. Structured debates are much easier here, and the format and layout is better. If we all use the forum it'll keep going.

I post a lot of stuff on both, but get much more response on FB.

If I say for eg that Anthony England to Warrington is a done deal according to p.46 of this month's RLW, there'll be plenty of opinions on FB, and not a lot on here

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#11 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Mark I read a book the other day with a little known fact to me that stated that "the longest ever match played" was between Cas and Fev;  Knowing that you are the statistics bloke I wondered if you was aware of it?

#12 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

It is a shame that most folk are now on FB and that this forum is moribund. Structured debates are much easier here, and the format and layout is better. If we all use the forum it'll keep going.

If I say for eg that Anthony England to Warrington is a done deal according to p.46 of this month's RLW, there'll be plenty of opinions on FB, and not a lot on here

does rlw really say that, or is that just an eg.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#13 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

does rlw really say that, or is that just an eg.

Page 46, big photo, headline "England Enforcer". Text says "will become the next Champ player to step up blah blah". Done deal.

#14 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

Mark I read a book the other day with a little known fact to me that stated that "the longest ever match played" was between Cas and Fev;  Knowing that you are the statistics bloke I wondered if you was aware of it?

Not heard that Phil, what was it?

#15 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

As a person who won't use FB, I find I have to use new innovative ways of getting around the swear filter on here. I feel it is dying which is a shame, as I started going again because of this forum, I have had great information from it and met some very good people through it whom I will remain friends with. Just wish wish we could use Txt Spk.

Haha Andrew, text speak is just plain sloppy and horrid when used in everyday conversations, It sometimes takes me ages to decipher people's text messages to me and sometimes I have to text back and ask what the heck they mean. Reading statuses on Facebook are horrendous at times, and I've actually seen job applications filled in by using text speak, makes me shudder. Now Yorkshire dialect is a different matter, I love it.
Im Fev and im proud

#16 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Page 46, big photo, headline "England Enforcer". Text says "will become the next Champ player to step up blah blah". Done deal.

Think is no secret that England will be in a Warrington shirt next year and will probably tell you if you ask him

#17 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Not heard that Phil, what was it?

Its in a book called "the rugby league miscellany" by David Lawrenson; it reads....
The golden point is generally thought to be a modern idea to decide matches that finish even at the end of normal time.But the first time it was used was back in 1941 resulting in the longest ever match.
When Castleford met Featherstone Rovers in a wartime Challenge cup first round tie..it finished 3-3; After 20 minutes of extra time the game was still locked at 5-5; It was then decided to continue until one side scored and the game finally ended when Castlefords Jim Croston scored a try in the 117th minute of play;.........The book is a good read of general facts published by vision sports in 2007;

#18 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Its in a book called "the rugby league miscellany" by David Lawrenson; it reads....
The golden point is generally thought to be a modern idea to decide matches that finish even at the end of normal time.But the first time it was used was back in 1941 resulting in the longest ever match.
When Castleford met Featherstone Rovers in a wartime Challenge cup first round tie..it finished 3-3; After 20 minutes of extra time the game was still locked at 5-5; It was then decided to continue until one side scored and the game finally ended when Castlefords Jim Croston scored a try in the 117th minute of play;.........The book is a good read of general facts published by vision sports in 2007;

Excellent, very interesting Phil, I'd never heard that story before. Ive got that book too, but hadn't read that entry. ;)

#19 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

I guess this is one of the symptoms Mark.
A few years ago I believe (a forum) was the offical fans forum for FRRLFC and the club had some input as to what could be discussed on here. i.e. A typical post such as... "Shaun Briscoe to Fev rumour"! If the club didn't like that rumour, it would be removed or the poster slammed for possibly screwing up a potential deal etc.
Since then, the forum has become "unofficial" but is still regarded as a place where there is a reluctance to post such a comment whereas on facebook.... owt goes, and often does... all the bloody time with little/no moderation taking place. If I wanted to post something that simply couldn't be removed I'd just put it on my own status knowing everyone would see it!
Seemingly there is a drama played out on facebook week after week in the soap opera that is featherstone rovers. This week has been no exception.

Edited by Robin Evans, 16 June 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#20 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

Just cchecking the useage.

At the mo there is only me on here.

On FB I have 50+ 'friends' logged on.... those are only the ones on my friends list! The traffic on FB is so much greater than here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users