Is this forum dying,

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

Excellent, very interesting Phil, I'd never heard that story before. Ive got that book too, but hadn't read that entry. ;)

Yes, there was another wartime game - Huddersfield v Cas, I think, which ended in a draw, the Cas players had to get back for some air raid duty or summat and Huddersfield kicked off on their own and scored against nobody.

What if they'd knocked on ?
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#22 ralph2

ralph2
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

Its in a book called "the rugby league miscellany" by David Lawrenson; it reads....The golden point is generally thought to be a modern idea to decide matches that finish even at the end of normal time.But the first time it was used was back in 1941 resulting in the longest ever match.When Castleford met Featherstone Rovers in a wartime Challenge cup first round tie..it finished 3-3; After 20 minutes of extra time the game was still locked at 5-5; It was then decided to continue until one side scored and the game finally ended when Castlefords Jim Croston scored a try in the 117th minute of play;.........The book is a good read of general facts published by vision sports in 2007;

Castleford beat St Helen's 21 to 13 in the 2nd rd. & went out to Bradford Northern in the 3rd round 18 to 4.

#23 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

I don't know how to use facebook it s crapola. :tease:

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#24 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Just cchecking the useage.

At the mo there is only me on here.

On FB I have 50+ 'friends' logged on.... those are only the ones on my friends list! The traffic on FB is so much greater than here

Wots tha talking about, Robin?. Av been logged in for last 15 minutes.

Any road up, I dont know how to ger onto this facebook jobbo.

#25 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,977 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

I don't know how to use facebook it s crapola. :tease:

It has its uses chris. But its an open forum and some do insist on conducting private business on there. Some like to live every aspect of their lives including doing their "dirty washing" on facebook. I will never understand why!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#26 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

It has its uses chris. But its an open forum and some do insist on conducting private business on there. Some like to live every aspect of their lives including doing their "dirty washing" on facebook. I will never understand why!

Its high tec: Corrie.

#27 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

I have also noticed a distinct lack of 'traffic' on your forum, which is a real shame as it was often informative and entertaining. I do not use Facebook, precisely because anything goes. I prefer to have a little regulation on the stuff posted.

#28 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,977 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

Its a trade off dd. No moderation on fb but you get to select those you wish to interact with. If there is someone you find unpleasant, vindictive, irritating or a trouble causing dullard, it's simply to omit him/her from your status on facebook.
On these fora you have no choice but to put up woth them, though I have discovered the "ignore" facility!

#29 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Quick question for you Fev fans, but where is Sidnee? Not seen a post from him in an age, I met him a few years back when he was through for the Knights match

#30 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Think he is just busy with work and not fallen out of love with this forum but others know him better than me 

He is currently active on the facebook group at the minute but drifts in and out of being active

Edited by elppaxr2i, 18 June 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#31 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Think he is just busy with work and not fallen out of love with this forum but others know him better than me

He is currently active on the facebook group at the minute but drifts in and out of being active

Cheers

#32 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,177 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

Quick question for you Fev fans, but where is Sidnee? Not seen a post from him in an age, I met him a few years back when he was through for the Knights match

He's fallen in love, and also spends a lot of time on Facebook sharing all those silly quotes and pictures.
Im Fev and im proud

#33 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,977 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

He's fallen in love, and also spends a lot of time on Facebook sharing all those silly quotes and pictures.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#34 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

yeh, facebook should give him his own room. we are like voyeurs :tongue:

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#35 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Male, female or himself? :-)

#36 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,177 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Male, female or himself? :-)

Haha 2 out of 3 ain't bad, :-)))))
Cue for a song!!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#37 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

Yes, there was another wartime game - Huddersfield v Cas, I think, which ended in a draw, the Cas players had to get back for some air raid duty or summat and Huddersfield kicked off on their own and scored against nobody.

What if they'd knocked on ?

Uncontested scrum?

#38 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

Boo!
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#39 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

Just been looking back and I see some topics have had no posts for over 12 months. Surely these can be deleted. Can topics which have had no posts for (say) 3 months be deleted?

#40 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,177 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

Just been looking back and I see some topics have had no posts for over 12 months. Surely these can be deleted. Can topics which have had no posts for (say) 3 months be deleted?

No, because there is some useful and interesting information and debate in most of the topics and threads on here, and doesn't verify deleting just because they haven't been replied too for a while. Many posters will bring threads back into contention once in a while or even use quotes from them
Im Fev and im proud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users