Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley v Town teams and score updates

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Andy Morris off injured, Forber on at half-back and Connor into the centres.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#22 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Morris off with an ankle injury (does he have weak ankles?) Forber on so I presume Connor will be moved to centre.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#23 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

Strange one with Red isn't it . Lots of talk about his fitness and he does get lots of cramps , injuries and niggles . Certainly a lot to work on there . Very big lad and still young and growing into his physique .

Edited by DavidM, 16 June 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#24 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

wheres Walne?

#25 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

wheres Walne?

Must be saving him for next week with Stack and Olstrum.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#26 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

We seem to be giving them a few piggy back penalties again.

#27 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

saving what its a bloody cup quarter final ! 3rd try game over - happens alot that where our chips are intercepted

#28 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

Is it still 10-0

#29 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

2 tries in 3 minutes has given the game away.

20-0 to Batley now.

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

Get out of this with a clean bill of health . End of .

#31 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

saving what its a bloody cup quarter final ! 3rd try game over - happens alot that where our chips are intercepted

A bloody cup quarter final that no-one expected Town to win.    

#32 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

Yep, the final score doesn't matter now, just need to come away with no injuries.

#33 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Couldnt care or less about this result. Just no injuries please.

#34 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Miller try.   Now 22 - 4

#35 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

This comp went to the back of queue when the draw happened . Get home healthy and on with the real stuff which decides our future .

#36 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

i dont think the result will dishearten the boys too much, with walne,stack,olstrum and probably briscoe and flynn t come in then the lads have done themselves proud. remember were playing a very good side away from home with a weakened side.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#37 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

FT:    Batley 30 - Town 4

#38 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

No word on any more injuries ?

#39 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

i dont think the result will dishearten the boys too much, with walne,stack,olstrum and probably briscoe and flynn t come in then the lads have done themselves proud. remember were playing a very good side away from home with a weakened side.

would love to have briscoe in next week and allow brett to get more involved like the leigh game.forget about this one. Did acton get a run out

#40 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

hopefully that means Town Vs Keighley 30th June??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users