Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley v Town teams and score updates

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

I thought Acton was your best forward, especially in the first half. Also score flattered Batley.

#42 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

I thought Acton was your best forward, especially in the first half. Also score flattered Batley.

thanks mate. good luck in the next round and hope you can win it
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#43 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

Well calderwood was terrible has been nearly all season as far as I'm concerned he can leave

#44 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Well calderwood was terrible has been nearly all season as far as I'm concerned he can leave

So if he leaves and we get injuries what then Scott? The bloke is out of form which is why Flynn was brought in, give the lad a break.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#45 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Put Scott to wing and see how he goes. Lol.

#46 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Calders can play alot better but these mistakes can prove expensive. Lets hope he hits form again soon.

#47 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

He's having a tough gig on the wing lately but definitely worth a place in the squad for the remainder of the season and he never hides .
Yes hes made errors and some costly ones but can't fault his attitude or pedigree and our wingers dont always get much chance to shine ball in hand so making up for errors isn't easy in our team in that position !.But if Flynn is available he has that place .

Edited by DavidM, 16 June 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#48 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Lets forget about it - dunno why we even bothered to turn up if we took some of the fans attitudes - prime game to rest people / try different combinations that haven't worked thus far this season - will all be rosey when we in next week. Have we got any more cup quarters coming up? . Seemed like a big effort by the players in defence today mind - well done - same side the problem as usual ?

#49 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

No but we have quite a few cup finals coming up ... And even if we'd put in our best effort the chances of winning were slim . They are a very very good side .We do great and lose 20-18. . So what ?

Edited by DavidM, 16 June 2013 - 04:06 PM.

#50 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Lets forget about it - dunno why we even bothered to turn up if we took some of the fans attitudes - prime game to rest people / try different combinations that haven't worked thus far this season - will all be rosey when we in next week. Have we got any more cup quarters coming up? . Seemed like a big effort by the players in defence today mind - well done - same side the problem as usual ?

I suppose that you expected Town to go to Batley and win, if so you are alone in your thinking.    No-one is saying that the players didn't put in a big effort but given the choice between picking up points to keep us in this league or pushing Batley a little bit closer today, then I think most fans would prefer the league points.  As for cup quarter finals, yes maybe if we stay in this league and strengthen then who knows next season or the year after?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#51 GETEMONSIDE

GETEMONSIDE
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

would love to have briscoe in next week and allow brett to get more involved like the leigh game.forget about this one. Did acton get a run out

Briscoe and Flynn for next week please.

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

#52 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

the lads put a good effort in by the sounds of it. We were away to a good side with a weakend team and in the words of batley fan the scoreline flattered them. So well done lads but as for the fixture itself it was just a distraction and most fans see it as not as important as the league.

#53 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Briscoe and Flynn for next week please.

definitley. Some of The jampot fans are calling for them to use 5 DR next week so we should use it too.we dont need 5 but defo flynn and briscoe would be good.

#54 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

As I said , after a job lot of derby defeats that really hurt I'll be interested to see what they get from Saints .

#55 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

We could be playing ST.havens next week lol

#56 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

Bet the Coxmeister General wont be moaning about DR then if they do load up !!

#57 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

I don't know what Cox and Woods were complaining about.   The rule on the subject is in the RFL's Operational Rules, B5.2 (d), Issue 11, which was published in January 2013.    Nobody sprung anything on Haven, or Town for that matter, just somebody didn't do their homework!!!

Edited by Keith T, 16 June 2013 - 04:54 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#58 GETEMONSIDE

GETEMONSIDE
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

He was moaning today,I think he thinks everything is a conspiracy against the jam. Something along the lines of Leigh have got Wigan dual reg  players in but haven haven't been allowed to use their dual reg players. Same rules for everyone I think you will find. He is a disgrace to radio Cumbria and the jam eaters.

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

#59 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

We could be playing ST.havens next week lol

don't be saying that birdbrainKM will be saying stuff about you on the st haven forum
bluewhitearmy

#60 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Did JC mistake Jordan Hand for Matty Palmer? I thought Hand from St Helens was playing for them?
It was havens choice who they played in the previous round as a DR player. Once that game was played then the rules are very clear. Or does his haven bias ignore them? Sad really, that we have him representing Cumbrian Rugby League on the radio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users