Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley v Town teams and score updates

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Did JC mistake Jordan Hand for Matty Palmer? I thought Hand from St Helens was playing for them?
It was havens choice who they played in the previous round as a DR player. Once that game was played then the rules are very clear. Or does his haven bias ignore them? Sad really, that we have him representing Cumbrian Rugby League on the radio.

You could maybe excuse Cox for not knowing the rules but Woods in his after match comments made some remark about not being able to play their DR players as the RFL had introduced a new rule!!!!!    

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#62 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

No - I'm not questioning the players effort at all - the ones I'm questioning is the fans views wanting to send weakened teams etc - it's a cup quarter final ffs! Like I say it will be all good should we win next week won't it - people call for changes in coaches / players saying they're not good enough - then they progress in a comp they want out of!!! If players were injured for today fair enough - it was 10 -0 until 50 - 60 mins ... We had nothing to fear going there

#63 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

don't be saying that birdbrainKM will be saying stuff about you on the st haven forum

he already has replied on there to what I have said about their use of DR next week on here. So he does still visit us.

#64 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

No - I'm not questioning the players effort at all - the ones I'm questioning is the fans views wanting to send weakened teams etc - it's a cup quarter final ffs! Like I say it will be all good should we win next week won't it - people call for changes in coaches / players saying they're not good enough - then they progress in a comp they want out of!!! If players were injured for today fair enough - it was 10 -0 until 50 - 60 mins ... We had nothing to fear going there

I see your point but surely you agree the league is far more important and has to take priority.

#65 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

It was very close at that point (after 60 mins) and the difference was made by the interception which got us out of jail a bit. We were not playing especially well at that point. I don't think Workington really ever really threatened us for any real length of time but were only out of it in the last twenty minutes.

#66 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

No fan was asking to send a weakened team.   Someone asked where Walne was and I replied probably keeping him for next week.   If you heard Charlo after the match he said Walne had a touch of cold or some minor ailment.    He also said that Walne, Stack and Olstrum should be okay for next week, so I don't know what your problem is?      

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#67 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

scott is more than entitled to his opinion and i hate the attitude that because he dosent play he cant say a bad word against a player.he pays his money and is entitled to his opinions. calders is off form and is costing us tries. anyone who says differently isnt watching the same games. yes he should be kept in the squad, but on current form he shouldnt play next week.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#68 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

thought your ex SL players Dowes, Thackray Calderwood were very average today,  Lupton was very poor  created nothing and only Carter looked capable of making a break.Unlucky with a great long pass from Forber in the 2nd half which would have made it 10-4 but Campbell pulled off a brilliant intercept to make it 16-0 and it was game over.

Posted Image

#69 GETEMONSIDE

GETEMONSIDE
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

Did JC mistake Jordan Hand for Matty Palmer? I thought Hand from St Helens was playing for them?
It was havens choice who they played in the previous round as a DR player. Once that game was played then the rules are very clear. Or does his haven bias ignore them? Sad really, that we have him representing Cumbrian Rugby League on the radio.

He was aware of Jordan Hand but he doesn't count because he's been with them for most of the games and is likely to be with them for the most of the remaining games. The mans an oaf.

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

#70 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

If you read this board all week all the posts have been negative about the game / competition - yes obviously it is important to survive but when people ask for players to be rested etc and saying the result doesn't matter - these same people would be moaning if they went with 15 n got 60 through them - we should be looking to win all games - it just annoys me that ever since the draw was made everyone was on a downer giving us no chance - it's ok "resting" for next week .. But sometimes next week never comes

#71 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

scott is more than entitled to his opinion and i hate the attitude that because he dosent play he cant say a bad word against a player.he pays his money and is entitled to his opinions. calders is off form and is costing us tries. anyone who says differently isnt watching the same games. yes he should be kept in the squad, but on current form he shouldnt play next week.

Eh? Who said anything like that Wonky? Am I also not entitled to disagree with Scott when he said that Calders could leave. At no point did I try and belittle Scott, I asked what would happen to our thin squad in the case of injuries if he left. IMO Calderwood will be quite aware of his poor form, and while Scott or whoever it may be are entitled to air their opinions on a forum, I don't think it will help anyone's form or confidence when fans are wanting to show them the door half way through a season.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#72 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

We were in the game at 10-0 until the Forber mistake! Until that point we could have been ahead and fluffed 2 golden chances! But with that said I think the score line didn't reflect the performance we put in! Acton was magnificent today but also James Robinson must be mentioned today for a squad player he really stood up and put it in all attack and defence and also shackley again consistent!
We should hold u

#73 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

We should hold up our heads high as batley are a great team who play lovely expansive rugby and took there tries especially the last 2 brilliantly!
If thacks and calders are in the team next week I hope they justify it as today they Wernt at the races! But onwards and upwards, up the town

#74 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

We should hold up our heads high as batley are a great team who play lovely expansive rugby and took there tries especially the last 2 brilliantly!
If thacks and calders are in the team next week I hope they justify it as today they Wernt at the races! But onwards and upwards, up the town

#75 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Eh? Who said anything like that Wonky? Am I also not entitled to disagree with Scott when he said that Calders could leave. At no point did I try and belittle Scott, I asked what would happen to our thin squad in the case of injuries if he left. IMO Calderwood will be quite aware of his poor form, and while Scott or whoever it may be are entitled to air their opinions on a forum, I don't think it will help anyone's form or confidence when fans are wanting to show them the door half way through a season.

i think it was town82 who said scott should try playing on the wing. never mentioned you at all voodoo
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#76 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Calm down it was a joke... Everyone can have an opinion, but to get on someone's back won't help with their confidence or form... Lets get behind the lads next week and get the massive win.

#77 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

That Batleyite mentioned Thacks not being so good , and I do think he hasn't been in consistent form this year . We've seen the odd purple patch and then other games not so good . I hope from Sunday we start to see the raging bull we know for the run in . He must expect being a marked man , but I know he has the tools to counter that .

Edited by DavidM, 16 June 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#78 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

i think it was town82 who said scott should try playing on the wing. never mentioned you at all voodoo

Ok marra, thought you were on about my reply as you never mentioned anyone.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#79 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

That Batleyite mentioned Thacks not being so good , and I do think he hasn't been in consistent form this year . We've seen the odd purple patch and then other games not so good . I hope from Sunday we start to see the raging bull we know for the run in . He must expect being a marked man , but I know he has the tools to counter that .

IMO Thacks has lost too much weight, he looks much lighter than last year and doesn't seem to be as powerful in the collision.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#80 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 662 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

He was aware of Jordan Hand but he doesn't count because he's been with them for most of the games and is likely to be with them for the most of the remaining games. The mans an oaf.

Well he must be aware that Tom Spencer has been on DR for the last 2 seasons for Leigh or is his one eyed bias so consuming.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users