Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley v Town teams and score updates

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

That's just my opinion about calders there's a lot of people who said the same at today's game,
Maybe I was a bit harsh about saying he should leave but he has done nothing all season

#82 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

I agree with the King of Leon.

At 10 - 0 Workington could have made it 10-6 when the pass went out and was intercepted by Campbell.

The scoreline flattered the Bulldogs today,

Well done to the Town fans who travelled down today,,,a credit to your club.

#83 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

Thought the young half back Phillips is a great prospect, looked dangerous at times. Talking to your coach before the game and he was confident of a win, a nice bloke.

#84 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

he already has replied on there to what I have said about their use of DR next week on here. So he does still visit us.

Poor old BKM will be bricking it this week leading up to the game, his nerves will be frazzled, another home defeat to us would be a nightmare for them. As usual it could go either way, if we lose this one then so be it, we have had a great run against them and they are due a win. Let's hope we keep the run going, but if we lose lets not make out it's the end of the world.

With a full fit squad we can make it eight on the trot, if we do you will be able to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth for miles around.

UP THE TOWN

#85 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

I don't know what Cox and Woods were complaining about.   The rule on the subject is in the RFL's Operational Rules, B5.2 (d), Issue 11, which was published in January 2013.    Nobody sprung anything on Haven, or Town for that matter, just somebody didn't do their homework!!!

http://www.newsandst...Path=sport/town

seems your own club didnt know them then as well ,as they were not informed until lte they couldn't use them.
Its a strange one this al the fans were talking about this for weeks before the games, but reading both coaches comments it seems the RFL did not confirm anything until very late on

Edited by haven4ever, 17 June 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#86 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

That's just my opinion about calders there's a lot of people who said the same at today's game,
Maybe I was a bit harsh about saying he should leave but he has done nothing all season

About a month ago everyone said he was playing class and warranted his spot in the side... Dip in form and you say he should leave. I think u were being a bit harsh.

#87 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

http://www.newsandst...Path=sport/town

seems your own club didnt know them then as well ,as they were not informed until lte they couldn't use them.
Its a strange one this al the fans were talking about this for weeks before the games, but reading both coaches comments it seems the RFL did not confirm anything until very late on

Sloppy work by both coaches then, not knowing the rules.    At the bottom of the page in the Operational Rules section covering this it says published in January 2013.    As you say fans have been talking about this for some weeks so how did they (we) get to know?   Why would the RFL need to confirm what is written in the rules?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#88 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

About a month ago everyone said he was playing class and warranted his spot in the side... Dip in form and you say he should leave. I think u were being a bit harsh.

I didn't say he deserved he's spot last month have a look at most of the games this year he's been terrible apart from the Sheffield game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users