Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

STATE OF ORIGIN - GAME II - NSW vs QLD - Wed 26 Jun

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 930 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Yep, I agree with that, MrFussy. Tate had to defend himself. Obvious flaw in the rule.

Andy, also agree. Sets up a decider now, and it'll be huge. Another ANZ sellout, which would surely come close to series crowd record.

#42 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

If they'd of dealt with the Gallen incident in origin 1 none of this would of happened. Gallen should of gone for ten in that one and Merrin for ten in game 2 and that would be it. Instead they dealt with the first incident weakly and now because of that they've now gone over board with this one.

#43 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

"Throw a punch and it's an automatic 10 mins." Did they tell everyone this apart from the players, or was 'roid rage kicking in.

#44 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

I recorded the match and have only just watched it.

I enjoyed the Cas/Hull and Wire/Wigan games more than I enjoyed the Origin 2 game.  I didn't think Origin 1 was especially marvellous.  Hope Origin 3 is better.

#45 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,930 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

I always get the impression that Gallen, Watmough, Bird, Farrah are more intent on showing how tough they are rather than do the job that they are supposed to do, get their team some forward drive.   Every tackle is a battle for these four - crazy!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#46 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

The refereeing was terrible, even before the 'brawl'.

For the first twenty minutes Hayne was determined to give anything and everything to Queensland, and he did.

There are some on here who want Australians to administrate our game. No thanks. The way they ##### around with the rules of the game based on one game or incident is shameful.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#47 joe elliot

joe elliot
  • Coach
  • 499 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

What was wrong with keeping the rules the same as the formula seems to have worked so far.
Today's game didnt seem the same intensity in some aspects and certainly when the 4 were sinbinned it killed it a bit.
I'm not wanting fights all the time, but what you lose is intensity when you have stupid rules like this
waddell

#48 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,239 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

We have seen players sin binned before in Origin for fighting haven't we? What's changed?

The ref got it wrong last time allowing Gallen to throw punches without sending him to cool down.

#49 joe elliot

joe elliot
  • Coach
  • 499 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

The change is the ruling of a punch thrown means automatic sinbin.
waddell

#50 hutch

hutch
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

"Throw a punch and it's an automatic 10 mins." Did they tell everyone this apart from the players, or was 'roid rage kicking in.

Roid rage? Please explain?

#51 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

The side affect of taking steroids leaves you with a short temper. A particular trait of nightclub dooormen.

#52 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

Not to be confused with "roydrage" sometimes associated with traffic problems in Yorkshire.

#53 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

Hodges clearly threw punches but nobody seemed to see it. The blues got rodgered by the refs in that 1st twenty..game over

Hodges is a good player, but jesus doesn't he think he is the toughest? I did laugh a little when he seemed not to want to get involved with Fifita towards the end of the game

Edited by jacksy, 27 June 2013 - 10:00 AM.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

#54 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

Hodges clearly threw punches but nobody seemed to see it. The blues got rodgered by the refs in that 1st twenty..game over

Hodges is a good player, but jesus doesn't he think he is the toughest? I did laugh a little when he seemed not to want to get involved with Fifita towards the end of the game

I saw it live and missed Hodges punches but you are right he let go with two left hands on Merrin.

I did not see what happened with Fifita.

The Blues were penalised a lot early but the strip had two in the tackle and most other penalties were not without reason.

Something the Blues and the refs should look at is the way the blues players handled the tackled players as they played the ball, often grabbing around their head or in some cases slapping or cuffing the player after he played the ball.

I am surprised that did not cause some fights, Fifita in particular was lucky with just a penalty in the second half.

#55 hutch

hutch
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

The side affect of taking steroids leaves you with a short temper. A particular trait of nightclub dooormen.

Yeah I knew that part, I was just wondering who was on steroids that's all. Poster seems to know something that we don't.

#56 joe elliot

joe elliot
  • Coach
  • 499 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Like the super league the referees want to make themselves part of the game. Eddie and Stevo might love talking about the Ref's decisions but the average fan wants to watch the game.
Like in everyday life if you try and police things without common sense you end up spoiling what your trying to protect
waddell

#57 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

I saw it live and missed Hodges punches but you are right he let go with two left hands on Merrin.

I did not see what happened with Fifita.

The Blues were penalised a lot early but the strip had two in the tackle and most other penalties were not without reason.

Something the Blues and the refs should look at is the way the blues players handled the tackled players as they played the ball, often grabbing around their head or in some cases slapping or cuffing the player after he played the ball.

I am surprised that did not cause some fights, Fifita in particular was lucky with just a penalty in the second half.

The two early ball strips were strips but both calls went Q's way. I also thought the refs seemed to allow the Q's an age to lay on and wrestle the NSW players.  That first twenty drained the blues of most of their energy and probably their confidence.

Merrit will take the fall for the loss and to be fair as good player he is, he shouldn't have been in the team. An reason why the other Morris or Williams do not get picked?

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

#58 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 930 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Heh, both Morris boys played. Not the greatest endorsement for Brett if you didn't even know he played.

I would've debuted Taufua personally. Not sure if Gordon was fit, I might've opted for him. Not sure about Game 3. Really wish Fergo wasn't a complete idiot.

#59 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Heh, both Morris boys played. Not the greatest endorsement for Brett if you didn't even know he played.

I would've debuted Taufua personally. Not sure if Gordon was fit, I might've opted for him. Not sure about Game 3. Really wish Fergo wasn't a complete idiot.

lol really? how the hell did i miss that..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users