Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Predictions for Featherstone

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Sounds like a relegated side, sad times :(

#42 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

Unbelievable some people on here get a grip! No wonder not many people come on anymore.

We were simply outclassed by a far superior team today,but it's not over until the fat lady sings!

#43 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Yeah and we have been unlucky every other game this year hp beans? Get a grip yourself pal, if this was 2 years ago Holty would be on here writing an essay on whats wrong

#44 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

What ever personal views are where on earth is the money coming from to get new players and  where are they going to come from at this stage in the season.

I didn't think that it was one of the best Fev teams I've seen but it was far too good for Barrow. I agree with all the other comments that Barrow's defence was non existent and there was little penetration in attack. The only time the Fev defence was stretched was in about half a dozen occasions when the ball was moved wide instead of ploughing down the middle.

To make matters even worse Swinton beat Hunslet 36-6 and Keighley beat Doncaster 34-10. We are now bottom. One point below Hunslet.

It was interesting that Acky had the unenviable task of being interviewed on RC today.

Posted Image

#45 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Shocking performance not helped by players playing out of position for no reason, and our three best 'go forward' players missing. Not looking good.

Posted Image

#46 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

well we were out classed and out played. Fev never even got out of second gear where as we were in self destruct mode. it was a good crowd bolstered by a good away following who on this occasion behaved impeccably.

Question is "are we good enough"....

Answer "NO""

so where are we going wrong? 

Are we lacking the skills? No I believe after watching certain games we have the skills, speed and determination to win any game.

Are we playing out of position? Yes we are, bull was played by cresta at second row as a one off. since then everyone thinks he his a forward. play him back in the centre where he scores his tries and defends to his best. before you say it I know he didn't play today but I am making a point.

Get a true full back and play our half backs where they should be played. Get some pace back in the squad and maybe have a look again at the local talent who will put a committed game in with some passion (Adam Nicholson).

I honestly thought when it kicked off the first time today that we showed some passion and that the best thing to happen was that we took it to them even at the cost of a couple of yellow cards..but after the first battle we were beaten..no passion, no pride and no effort and that only equates to no fans paying £15.00 through the gate.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#47 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

Shocking performance not helped by players playing out of position for no reason, and our three best 'go forward' players missing. Not looking good.

If your on about Harrison, Mossop and Bruie, then Harrison and Mossop were injuried and Bruie couldn't play as his dad died

I think we missed Mossops scoots from dummy half! We need a new fullback that's solid in defence and safe under pressure and high balls, that way cammy can go back to 7 and control the game a bit more

#48 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

it saddens me to see Barrow in this situation. you have been badly let down by the previous regime and it's taking a long time to recover. also you are not being helped by other clubs taking advantage of this ridicoulus dual reg system. i really, really hope you get through this and become a force once again. good luck people. red hall may not know it, but rugby league needs Barrow.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#49 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 865 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

The problem is, where do we go from now. Something isn't right somewhere. Is it time to for Darren to stand aside and let someone else take over the reigns. Is it the players who aren't pulling their weight.

After our game against Sheffield I thought we were in for a real shout yesterday, but to put a display on like that, no wonder supporters were walking out. And thats where the problem lies. When they start walking out and say there not coming back, where does the money come from. We've always got the hardcore supporters but the club won't survive on them alone with the debt we are in.

Someone needs to find an answer and soon.

Can the club finance  2 trips to London, 1 to South Wales and 1  to Oxford, and maybe 1 to Gloucester if they stay up.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#50 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

I just hope the business plan has accounted for crowds of 5-600 if we do get relegated.....I suspect not so where does that leave us

Like I said earlier we have one foot in Champ 1 but the other foot is still scrabbling about in the Championship... so it isnt all over yet, but on yesterdays performance (or lack of it), I fear the worst :( ... albeit we have to remember that we were missing our most influential forward, our best prop, our best hooker and 2 halfbacks who have half decent kicking games.

York away is massive now

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#51 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

When you team is busted with injuries as said in the previous post it is going to be hard. Keep your chins up and support your club. Just remember most of you will of been supporting Barrow for years make sure you still are when players / coaches and staff have left The club belongs to you not them don't let it fail by not turning up stick together you don't know what's round the corner in RL

#52 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

champ 1 looks a nightmare on paper and probably on the motorways. teams in that league now example Oldham and Rochdale have hour and half less travel to games than we will have if we go down.

think rl will have to restructure the league formats as this must be killing clubs in that league. how they must be struggling never mind us.

also talking of missing players from sunday, how many are going to stay at the club with work commitments and training if they have mega days out to the likes of London, hemel and south wales?

but as previous posts have said 3 months is a long time in rugby league and you never know with the rfl what they will come up with next.

#53 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

In 2015 championship one is to be split into two regional conference leagues below super leagues 1 & 2

Posted Image

#54 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

Raiders do not need a new coach............ Even some of the clubs with dual-reg players are saying it doesn't work. The "injury" crisis is one which hits most clubs at some stage and sometimes longer than others and when you get the cry of get more players in, as Michael Ashton quite rightly says, where is the money coming from? You can only work with a budget and in the area of paying of debts and having fans walking away saying the team is rubbish, is that what the directors or players want to hear............no it isn't. So players were falling off tackles, they dropped passes etc etc. Every team suffers this and generally gets over it If morale is down, but being slagged off time and time again does not help things at all.

To repeat what I have said on many ocassions..............success is built on continuity. Your directors are trying so hard to sort finances out, Darren is trying hard to build a continuity squad with back up from Acky, so the fans on this forum need to try to stop the bleed of walkers from games and get behind the lads on the park. The vocal support affects the opposition and as you know, the Raiders raise their game. If you go quiet in the game, the players switch off, shout, cheer make some noise and give them something to play for (pride for playing for the town, doing the best they can etc). If its quiet, why should they bother?

Featherstone , until we started beating them(!!), were and still are a formidable team, and few teams are successful against  them. The game against Sheffield was the 4th in 10 days for Eagles and Raiders made the most of it will a mind set of "we can possibly win"...........against Rovers I believe it was possibly a little bit of over confidence and then not getting encouragement from the speccies. (I may well be wrong, but that is a theory) Don't blame the ref. He is watching 26 players  (or 4 or 5 closely) and has to make immediate decisions. I will criticise refs if necessary (as I did concerning J Cobb) but the ref does not make you lose a game. He may influence some plays, but it is the players playing, not the coach or ref.

I am sure this will upset a few, but negativity is not the solution. With the few scores this season where the figures are rather large does not imply that missing certain forwards etc could have done anything defencively. Please just let the early walking, moaners KNOW THAT THEY SHOULD GET BEHIND THE TEAM and not underneath the team, directors et al.

Some need to get into their heads, the club does not have spare cash to throw at journeymen, they need to build steadily and consistently.  If relegation happens, it happens, but the club will still be in existence and can build o from their. Just because you do so well in year x, does not give  you the god given right to a constant success. Promotion sometimes breeds over confidence and ultimately a hard time when meeting criteria. This is the reality of semi-pro rugby. 

PATIENCE and time are of an essence.

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

#55 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Raiders do not need a new coach............ Even some of the clubs with dual-reg players are saying it doesn't work. The "injury" crisis is one which hits most clubs at some stage and sometimes longer than others and when you get the cry of get more players in, as Michael Ashton quite rightly says, where is the money coming from? You can only work with a budget and in the area of paying of debts and having fans walking away saying the team is rubbish, is that what the directors or players want to hear............no it isn't. So players were falling off tackles, they dropped passes etc etc. Every team suffers this and generally gets over it If morale is down, but being slagged off time and time again does not help things at all.
To repeat what I have said on many ocassions..............success is built on continuity. Your directors are trying so hard to sort finances out, Darren is trying hard to build a continuity squad with back up from Acky, so the fans on this forum need to try to stop the bleed of walkers from games and get behind the lads on the park. The vocal support affects the opposition and as you know, the Raiders raise their game. If you go quiet in the game, the players switch off, shout, cheer make some noise and give them something to play for (pride for playing for the town, doing the best they can etc). If its quiet, why should they bother?

Featherstone , until we started beating them(!!), were and still are a formidable team, and few teams are successful against  them. The game against Sheffield was the 4th in 10 days for Eagles and Raiders made the most of it will a mind set of "we can possibly win"...........against Rovers I believe it was possibly a little bit of over confidence and then not getting encouragement from the speccies. (I may well be wrong, but that is a theory) Don't blame the ref. He is watching 26 players  (or 4 or 5 closely) and has to make immediate decisions. I will criticise refs if necessary (as I did concerning J Cobb) but the ref does not make you lose a game. He may influence some plays, but it is the players playing, not the coach or ref.

I am sure this will upset a few, but negativity is not the solution. With the few scores this season where the figures are rather large does not imply that missing certain forwards etc could have done anything defencively. Please just let the early walking, moaners KNOW THAT THEY SHOULD GET BEHIND THE TEAM and not underneath the team, directors et al.

Some need to get into their heads, the club does not have spare cash to throw at journeymen, they need to build steadily and consistently.  If relegation happens, it happens, but the club will still be in existence and can build o from their. Just because you do so well in year x, does not give  you the god given right to a constant success. Promotion sometimes breeds over confidence and ultimately a hard time when meeting criteria. This is the reality of semi-pro rugby. 

Spot on.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#56 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

At last,at last,someone else can see it!

#57 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

I agree Nigel except that it is the general public that make up the crowd and it is there hard earned money. If they do not feel they are getting there money's worth they are bound to spend it elsewhere. The supporters who really care about the Club  will always turn up to every game but unfortunately if performances on the park continue to deteriorate these supporters will get less and less.

When it comes to the support of my RL Club I'm an eternal optimist. I'm sure we will beat York. Everybody connected with the Club includng coaches,players directors,physios etc must feel like that. If not we might as well all pack up.

Posted Image

#58 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

sunday was awful. we were a joke. tackled like a poor Under 8's side.

our front row didnt want to know, they were shocking in defence, especially Dandy, i cant think of any other hooker with a defence as bad as his.

having just re-watched the game on the NWEM, the lack of team spirit is clear to see, the shoulder charge on dandy when it kicked off, just look at how many of the barrow players dont rush in or stay out of it. shocking, you get in to look out for your mate. fair play to mcgoff, he chucked one in the other scuffle at the end (was about all he did all game but at least he was there).

to be fair, did anyone expect us to get anything from the game on sunday? i never, but i didnt expect a performance like that from barrow. roll on next season where we might actually compete

#59 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

2012.......Fev 12...Halifax 60
Fev 40...Sheffield 60
Fev didn't fall apart..they went on to win the league;
There is no panic. You ran the best team close the other week; Things like this happen;
Don't give up and fall out of this league..us Fev fans love you;

#60 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Good post Phil

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users