Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Predictions for Featherstone

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

Like phil says hammerings at times happen. Look at us this season if we were going to lose 3 games up to now I would not of thought 2 of those teams to beat us would be York and donny. It just shows anything can happen if your not 100% on your game. Losing to us or any of the top 5 teams won't relegate you guys. You just need to beat the teams around you and I hope you guys stay up especially when you guys are doing it the right way and trying to go it alone without the joke that is the DR system. I for one will be gutted if you get relegated and a team that's in the DR agreement stays up. It will make a mockery of our sport if that isn't the case already. Good luck for the rest of the season guys and my fingers are firmly crossed for you guys to stay up.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 June 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#62 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

The RFL is paying travel costs in C1 this season for long distance games.Which probably accounts for the 2 regional conference plans for 2015.So much for widening the game.This league has been a lot better than i thought.At least we have won a few, the league is wide open and we have had the pleasure of visiting new clubs.

#63 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

It was the manner of the defeat which was hardest to watch. No fight, no intensity no attitude, it just wasn't there. I don't mind watching Barrow get beat, but when people question the teams attitude it's just unacceptable.

I've travelled to Fev twice over the last 3 seasons. One was the last game of the 2010 season whilst the second was on a thursday night at the beginning of the 2011 season. Both times we got thumped. 2010 scoreline was 72 - 16? Or fairly close whislt the 2011 season was a 40 - 50 point win for Fev. The first time even though we got hammered I was still happy with the sides performance. We had a game at home to Widnes in the play offs the week after (which we won 38 - 0 :) ) so fielded a weakened side. Even though there was a gulf in class our lads never stopped trying. I believe we scored right at the end of the game which showed the players never stopped trying. There was an evident gulf in class but not at one point did I question the players comittment and was happy I'd travelled to watch them.

The second time on the thursday night it was horrendous. We had a very good side out, full of star names and we still got hammered. There was no effort or anything it was painful. Only Catic I think went to applaud the Barrow fans who attended on a cold thursday night. The getting thumped isn't the worst part, it's the manner of the performance.

After 28 points to 6 Barrow just stopped playing and let Fev run riot. It reminded me the second time we went to Fev. Hammerings do happen, but a better attitude on Sunday would of helped prevented it and kept at least some Barrow fans thinking they haven't wasted 15 quid.

#64 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Just wondering that if some SL clubs are annoucing who they have signed for next season, 

I cant help but think that maybe a few of our players have already got plans for next season away from Barrow.

Rip the bludgers heads off!

#65 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

It was the manner of the defeat which was hardest to watch. No fight, no intensity no attitude, it just wasn't there. I don't mind watching Barrow get beat, but when people question the teams attitude it's just unacceptable.

After 28 points to 6 Barrow just stopped playing and let Fev run riot.

Hammerings do happen, but a better attitude on Sunday would of helped prevented it and kept at least some Barrow fans thinking they haven't wasted 15 quid.

Could we take a leaf out of NZ Warriors book, after several defeats and some hammerings they called a mandatory club meeting where the players had to one by one stand up and tell everyone exactly what he brings to his position on the field of play and how he can benefit the team, after this soul searching they have been on fire. 

#66 walneyboy

walneyboy
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

Could we take a leaf out of NZ Warriors book, after several defeats and some hammerings they called a mandatory club meeting where the players had to one by one stand up and tell everyone exactly what he brings to his position on the field of play and how he can benefit the team, after this soul searching they have been on fire. 

the trouble with that mick is most of them will have ###### all to say!!

#67 PENRITH RAIDER

PENRITH RAIDER
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Since the link up between Carlisle and Barrow Raiders I have been travelling from Penrith to most home games.There have been good and bad times as most clubs go through, good teams and bad teams, but I have to say the present team must be one of the poorest. Last season with the influx of local players we did well and held our own but I am afraid this season some of the local players and some brought in are not good enough for Championship League. I am a big fan of Darren Holt from being a teenager playing at Carlisle to his good playing record at Barrow, but I am afraid some of his signings have not the class to play in the Championship League.

The forwards of the present team can hold their own against most teams but the backs are very poor.  I feel we require a full back, a half back and a center. I would put Campbell back to half back as he is wasted at full back and Harrison back to center and I am sure that would improve the team

Darren for some reason seems to be against both the D R system and loan players. I am not keen on it myself but sometimes we have to change our mind to survive .On Thursday night on Premier sport DRS was brought up. Mr Wood the Whitehaven coach was asked about this and he said he was not for DRS either. On sunday at the Workington  v Whitehaven game both teams fielded  three DRS players. The commentator at the end of the game put the win down to the quality of Whitehaven DRS players, It made a bit of a mockery of Mr Wood commentating his disapproval of DRS players.

There are only three teams in the Championship not using DRS or loan players. These three teams are in the top four positions and have greater depth and class than we do. We are fighting for survival, the situation is different. Poor clubs using the system will survive,we wont.

I am well aware there is not buckets of  money, but Barrow are one of the best supported teams in the league. If they had DRS or loan players and get a few wins behind them then the gates would increase and pay for the players on loan. No true fan wants to watch a game like that on Sunday ever again 

#68 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

Since the link up between Carlisle and Barrow Raiders I have been travelling from Penrith to most home games.There have been good and bad times as most clubs go through, good teams and bad teams, but I have to say the present team must be one of the poorest. Last season with the influx of local players we did well and held our own but I am afraid this season some of the local players and some brought in are not good enough for Championship League. I am a big fan of Darren Holt from being a teenager playing at Carlisle to his good playing record at Barrow, but I am afraid some of his signings have not the class to play in the Championship League.
The forwards of the present team can hold their own against most teams but the backs are very poor.  I feel we require a full back, a half back and a center. I would put Campbell back to half back as he is wasted at full back and Harrison back to center and I am sure that would improve the team
Darren for some reason seems to be against both the D R system and loan players. I am not keen on it myself but sometimes we have to change our mind to survive .On Thursday night on Premier sport DRS was brought up. Mr Wood the Whitehaven coach was asked about this and he said he was not for DRS either. On sunday at the Workington  v Whitehaven game both teams fielded  three DRS players. The commentator at the end of the game put the win down to the quality of Whitehaven DRS players, It made a bit of a mockery of Mr Wood commentating his disapproval of DRS players.
There are only three teams in the Championship not using DRS or loan players. These three teams are in the top four positions and have greater depth and class than we do. We are fighting for survival, the situation is different. Poor clubs using the system will survive,we wont.
I am well aware there is not buckets of  money, but Barrow are one of the best supported teams in the league. If they had DRS or loan players and get a few wins behind them then the gates would increase and pay for the players on loan. No true fan wants to watch a game like that on Sunday ever again

Excellent post mate but some forwards arnt good enough either

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#69 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

first rant . hewer you are gutless. I bet the fev player gets a 2 game or more ban. if game was in dying stages you would have sent him off. bottled it . anyway what can we take from todays game? Campbell is such a waste at full back. don't get me wrong he doesn't do much wrong but in this barrow team we don't have a lot of creativity and it showed big time today, cammy shouldn't be playing fullback, we should have sorted this out in the freindlies at the start of season and got one in on loan or signed up. every man and his dog could tell you mcgillvery wasn't a fullback. this in my view was a massive error by the coaching staff.
I know we had some injuries but was this the same barrow that played Sheffield a few weeks ago and pushed them all the way? I thought Sheffield on that day were a better side than fev today but we just never turned up.
man of match I give toal, for his commitment in his tackling but was hard pushed to name anyone else. safe journey home rovers fans.

Lets hope you didn't bet

#70 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

I know this is nothing directly to with this stream but have just watched Giants bet Catalan 60-16. If Mondays game between Warrington & Wigan was the best this must be the worst. I thought Giants were the best of 2 poor teams. I thought Catalans were awful and the coach must be worried. The mistakes from both sides were plentiful and the Sky commentators were dreadful.

Just trying to lighten things up a bit after Sunday LOL

Posted Image

#71 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

It was a 1 sided contest I agree, but Catalans are still 5th in the league.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#72 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

Mind you if you think last night was poor what about the Lions game 3 penalties each at the moment. I do try to watch RU but it winds me up. I just hope the RFL and BBC get plenty of coverage on our WC.. Sorry 4 penalties to 3 at H/T.

Let's get back to this stream LOL

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users