Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

team and predictions for haven away.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#1 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

Not alot in it our pack will be key for us IMO. A town win by 8-12 points. No doubt they will raise their game and come out of the blocks at 100 mph as usual.
Team. Carter, miller, red (if fit) connor if not, mossop, flynn, lupton, callum, coward, matty, dowes, stack, brett p , olstrum. Subs. Walne thacks acton briscoe.

Edited by town4me, 16 June 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#2 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Jam 8-26 Town.

Briscoe
Flynn
Mossop
Connor
Miller

Lupton
Phillips

Walne
Matty
Coward
Phillips
Stack
Olstrum

Acton
Thackray
Shacks
Carter

Edited by Cato89, 16 June 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#3 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Briscoe (if available) miller mossop Connor Flynn (if available) carter Phillips thackaray mattinson coward stack Phillips Lupton subs dowes acton Olstrum walne

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

Not sure of any injuries from today other than morris(anyone know how bad) but if there was no more then its likely we wont bring DR in as we may be a little spoiled for choice if stack olstrum and walne return plus a possible new signing.

#5 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

We won't be getting Flynn next week either he will be back in there 17 tomorrow no doubt and onwards

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Spoiled for choice in the forwards but not in the backs . I'd get DR backs .

#7 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Spoiled for choice in the forwards but not in the backs . I'd get DR backs .

better spoiled in the forwards than backs I suppose. Carter miller mossop connor calderwood lupton callum should be achievable. I would like briscoe in but that means brett to the bench.not sure he deserves to be benched but it did work well against leigh.

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

briscoe
miller
connor
mossop
flynn
carter
callum
dowes
matty
coward
stack
phillips
olstrum

thacks
lupton
acton
walne

town by 10.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#9 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

briscoe
miller
connor
mossop
flynn
carter
callum
dowes
matty
coward
stack
phillips
olstrum

thacks
lupton
acton
walne

town by 10.

Just about what I would go with apart from Carter on the bench and Lupton to start purely tactical. Think they'll always go with Luppy just to help control things and allow our more creative players a free role.

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

Yes we have the numbers in the backs but not the cutting edge all along the line .Briscoe and Flynn or another if available tops the quality up . If you get territory and opportunities gotta have as much ammo as possible to take them . I'm not worried about a fixed position for Carter , he can use his box of tricks anywhere . He'll just roam and do his thing . Lupton with Callum definitely , it helps Callum and in this kind of helter skelter game the wise old string puller is vital .

Edited by DavidM, 16 June 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

Just about what I would go with apart from Carter on the bench and Lupton to start purely tactical. Think they'll always go with Luppy just to help control things and allow our more creative players a free role.

looking at it, its a very very strong 17 we can put out. i think we will have too much for the tax dodgers.

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

Aye if we could put those 17 out we'll all be happy . If Red was fit I'd have to squeeze him in the centres but if not no worries .

#13 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

does anyone know if flynn is in the widnes squad tomorrow night. i know hes missed out a few recently so fingers crossed they dont want him this or next week either, or if they dont mind the rest of the season will do us nicely.

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

to answer my own question, paddy is in the widnes squad. red at centre with mossop to the wing then if andy is fit.

#15 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Town 32 jam 26 its gona be nippy ###### time 5 mins from the end like it all ways is but 3 points will do

#16 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Is briscoe not getting a look in at widnes or is he in and out. Thought his positioning and breaking into the line was outstanding against leigh and his constant talking to the line from behind was good.

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

to answer my own question, paddy is in the widnes squad. red at centre with mossop to the wing then if andy is fit.

There's a Widnes fan posted on their forum that Flynn isn't training with the Widnes squad and probably wont play for the first team again this season!!!!

But why include him in their 19 man squad???

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Is briscoe not getting a look in at widnes or is he in and out. Thought his positioning and breaking into the line was outstanding against leigh and his constant talking to the line from behind was good.

never gets a look in mate. he should be available every game for town

#19 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

We should take briscoe for the rest of season. Hope he plays at *haven

Edited by town4me, 16 June 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

There's a Widnes fan posted on their forum that Flynn isn't training with the Widnes squad and probably wont play for the first team again this season!!!!

But why include him in their 19 man squad???

that seems an odd one keith. if he isnt training with them tben hopefully we can get him up here on a regular basis

Edited by wonky, 17 June 2013 - 08:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users