Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

team and predictions for haven away.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#21 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

Town going to Fev on 30 June.

#22 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

Town going to Fev on 30 June.

thats good,get the 2 away games on a sunday if possible to give us as big of a chance at a bp as possible. then drag the biggest whinges in rugby league up here on a tues or wed night. that will suit mr march
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

thats good,get the 2 away games on a sunday if possible to give us as big of a chance at a bp as possible. then drag the biggest whinges in rugby league up here on a tues or wed night. that will suit mr march

Which other Sunday is there when we could play Sheffield?    If they reach the NR Cup Final that takes away the only other Sunday by my reckoning!!!!

The RFL should have made Keighley come up midweek at the time of the postponement.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

I sooo hope those lovely Cougarites have to traipse up here on a Tuesday or Wednesday night ... That original decision not to enforce the immediate midweek playing looks even more stupid now .

Edited by DavidM, 17 June 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#25 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Which other Sunday is there when we could play Sheffield? If they reach the NR Cup Final that takes away the only other Sunday by my reckoning!!!!

The RFL should have made Keighley come up midweek at the time of the postponement.

were away to sheffield on sunday the 14th july and at home to keighley on wednesday 14th august. 8pm ko.

#26 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

were away to sheffield on sunday the 14th july and at home to keighley on wednesday 14th august. 8pm ko.

Shaffield play London Broncos in the Challenge Cup on Friday, 12th July (on Sky TV) so they wont be playing us on the Sunday!!!!   I haven't seen any announcement about playing Keighley on 14th August is that confirmed.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Shaffield play London Broncos in the Challenge Cup on Friday, 12th July (on Sky TV) so they wont be playing us on the Sunday!!!! I haven't seen any announcement about playing Keighley on 14th August is that confirmed.

there on the town site on the fixture list.

#28 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Shaffield play London Broncos in the Challenge Cup on Friday, 12th July (on Sky TV) so they wont be playing us on the Sunday!!!!   I haven't seen any announcement about playing Keighley on 14th August is that confirmed.

Had quick look its on both the Town and Keighley website fixtures for that date.

Quite correct though about Sheffield game, although that is also listed on Town website but that must have been

if Eagles had gone out in the cup. So looks like it could well be midweek away at Sheffield. If that is before a winnable

game on the weekend, be a case of getting in as many DR as possible, and giving squad players a game at Sheffield.

#29 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

Yes, it's confirmed on the Town website now, thanks.   They will either have to make 2 trips up here or stay up for a few days as they are at Haven on Sunday 11th August!!!!!

#30 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

England v Scotland football on August 14th at 8pm, that will knock a few off the gate.

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Should put a few on . Can't imagine owt worse .

#32 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

to answer my own question, paddy is in the widnes squad. red at centre with mossop to the wing then if andy is fit.

doesn,t matter if flynn plays tonight he can still play for you on sun the only way he cant play is if his picked in next weekends squad 

#33 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

doesn,t matter if flynn plays tonight he can still play for you on sun the only way he cant play is if his picked in next weekends squad

yeah i know,but if he played tonight it would mean hes back in favour though.

#34 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

yeah i know,but if he played tonight it would mean hes back in favour though.

Not playing tonight:
Widnes: Hanbury, Owens, Isa, Marsh, Ah Van, Brown, Mellor, Pickersgill, Clarke, O'Carroll, Hock, Allen, Cahill
Widnes subs: White, Kavanagh, Leuluai, Winterstein

#35 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

And the likes of Phelps and Chris Dean who've been regulars so if they get no injuries we should be sweet with our two guys Flynn n Briscoe .

#36 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

And the likes of Phelps and Chris Dean who've been regulars so if they get no injuries we should be sweet with our two guys Flynn n Briscoe .

Chris Dean out for a lengthy period, which could account for the reason that Flynn was in the 19 man squad.

#37 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

If he's in the 19 man squad again and doesn't play can he play for us because last year that was an issue I remember ? Probably ok now if there's enough notice .

Edited by DavidM, 17 June 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#38 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

If he's in the 19 man squad again and doesn't play can he play for us because last year that was an issue I remember ? Probably ok now if there's enough notice .

it will depend if hes in the squad next week. hopefully they play on friday so that even if hes in the 19 he will still be available for us if hes not used. no craven as well, could be an option for us as well next week.

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

Yeh will be interesting to see .

#40 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

Bradford away on Sunday so lets see . Betts should tell us on Friday / Saturday who is unlikely to figure in the 17 . Please Dennis ! Total waste to name an extended squad knowing two aren't gonna play and can't play somewhere else . You should know you're 17 on Friday night .

Edited by DavidM, 17 June 2013 - 07:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users