Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

team and predictions for haven away.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#61 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

karl I think. Maybe they dont like it rough lol.

Some utter sap is calling that a headbutt, get a grip..  I remember it well, and nearly spat my coffee out laughing at them appealing for a red card over that.

Were we that desperate a few years ago when we couldn't beat them?? I seem to remember just accepting they were out of our league as painfull as it was.

Wow,  these are the same people that used to worship marc jackson at the peak of his menace, calling us thugs????

#62 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

It will be interesting to see who both teams get on dual reg this week. Haven will try and hurt us out wide as they have targeted that option under Woods, so I think they will try and get Swift and at least one other in addition to Hand.

I would hope we get Briscoe & Flynn as not only is Briscoe a top quality full back but it also free's Brett up to come off the bench and cover a good few options among our backs. I suppose it's harsh on Brett that he's so versatile but he could come on at 6 and win the game for us.

It's strange this time as the lads at work are usually very confident every time they play us. This time though it's sunk in that they are no longer guaranteed favourites when they play us at home. 

I'm looking forward to it as it should be another close game, just a pity the weather may not be too good as I refuse to watch from the Bells end so I'll have to get another soaking on the unpopular side.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#63 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

the worse the weather the better it is for town. if it gets really bad i see town winning by a bigger margin. i hope the put some lights on doran, because he usually goes missing against brett and stack so it would be nice to reminded that hes still out there. i hope walne gets to hit him a few times.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#64 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Anything fresh on this new signing who was brought up in here or just speculation? Sunday couldn't come soon enough for me and not for mcfly either

#65 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Anything fresh on this new signing who was brought up in here or just speculation? Sunday couldn't come soon enough for me and not for mcfly either

apparently mcfly are only playing for 40minutes, thats 20minutes more than woods can get out of haven.

#66 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

the worse the weather the better it is for town. if it gets really bad i see town winning by a bigger margin. i hope the put some lights on doran, because he usually goes missing against brett and stack so it would be nice to reminded that hes still out there. i hope walne gets to hit him a few times.

if he goes missing just look for the referee he wont be far away from him.

#67 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

Looking at the possible Whitehaven DR situation. No Jordan Hand (Prop), Joe Greenwood (Prop) or Paul Clough (Second Row) at the moment for them, they are in the 19 man squad for the St. Helens Friday night match. Probably of the three, Hand will not be selected for the final 17 man squad.
Adam Swift (Utility Back), Carl Forster (Second Row/Prop) and Mark Percival (Centre) are all available for DR if required.

#68 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

Looking at the possible Whitehaven DR situation. No Jordan Hand (Prop), Joe Greenwood (Prop) or Paul Clough (Second Row) at the moment for them, they are in the 19 man squad for the St. Helens Friday night match. Probably of the three, Hand will not be selected for the final 17 man squad.
Adam Swift (Utility Back), Carl Forster (Second Row/Prop) and Mark Percival (Centre) are all available for DR if required.

none of them should strike fear to our lads. would take briscoe and flynn over all of them

#69 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Improved weather forecast for Whitehaven for Sunday. The heavy rain forecast now replaced by a light rain forecast. Temperature 13 degrees feels like 9 degrees, gusty wind at times, good visibility. (Met. Office).

#70 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Is it in the weather forecast to expect a beast at the Rec? A big bald beast?

#71 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Anyone venture onto their forums ? What's their fans craic about Sunday ? Are they still hopelessly optimistic or has realism set in .

#72 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

If you want a good laugh go and read the summary of Sundays match on the main forum put together by barrowraiderskid.     :tongue:

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#73 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

If you want a good laugh go and read the summary of Sundays match on the main forum put together by barrowraiderskid.     :tongue:

Any chance of somebody copying and pasting please?
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#74 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

In the T & S this morning Gary Charlton stated that he had been offered a handful of D R players from Widnes but was keeping his options open for the moment. He also said ....“The intensity in training has been very high,”........ “and the lads have been knocking 10 bells out of each other in an attempt to get a place in the squad for Sunday."
Great to have so many options and choices available to the Coaches.

#75 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Very interesting that ... Hopefully Briscoe and Flynn are two . With the Beast and Stacky back shouldn't really need anyone else , but be fascinating to see what happens . Craven's a gem if he were available but not sure where we'd fit him in .

Edited by DavidM, 21 June 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#76 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Very interesting that ... Hopefully Briscoe and Flynn are two . With the Beast and Stacky back shouldn't really need anyone else , but be fascinating to see what happens . Craven's a gem if he were available but not sure where we'd fit him in .

I like (for once) that I can't really guess the squad or team formation. I hope this scenario continues this week until the formal team announcement deadline. Keep Whitehaven guessing!

#77 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

We're as strong at the moment as any stage in recent times ... On paper . Still gotta deliver on the green stuff !!!

#78 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

cant see briscoe playing.

#79 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

with the 2 players i know of that are playing for definate i cant see haven beating us

Edited by wonky, 21 June 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#80 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

with the 2 players i know of that are playing for definate i cant see haven beating us

????